• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabrielKeybordzLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Frontiers (exploration-based action-adventure/RPG)

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2007-11-25

PM

I think this game sounds pretty neat, and might be something not just for RPG fans but also for adventure gamers that usually don’t like RPGs.

Basically the game got created because it’s creator, Lars Simkins, loves games like Oblivion and Skyrim but got tired of constantly being attacked by enemies. So he decided to create an action-adventure-RPG hybrid where all the gameplay elements (and at least some of the story) is tied to exploration.

In short, you are a member of The Pathfinders Guild, and have the ability to create and alter paths. There are puzzles to solve and enemies to fight, but usually, if not always, you only fight enemies if you seek out their habitat (you can’t fight humans, but it may end up as a stretch goal on their Kickstarter campaign). From the look of it, the game is going to have some interesting survival elements as well - thirst, hunger, body-temperature, etc.

They have already reached their KS goal and are now after stretch goals.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/railboy/frontiers-explore-discover-survive

Prototype screenshots (click for a larger version):

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Damn you, another 15$ gone.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’m loving the premise. Will keep my eye on this… Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2007-11-25

PM

millenia - 29 June 2013 05:20 AM

Damn you, another 15$ gone.

Hehe, I know the feeling. Next time I’ll try and post about a game I think you will hate Wink

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Pretty much exactly like an adventure version of Daggerfall/Morrowind. ^_^

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I really like the digital addons, wonderful flavour items. Too bad I don’t have that much money but I’m seriously considering the “name your pet” addon.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top