• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrelwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Tex Murphy on Kickstarter

Total Posts: 299

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

Don’t know if this has been posted yet but just in case it hasn’t…

You Can Now Back Tex Murphy’s Project Fedora with PayPal at the Big Finish Web site with all the same incentive Tiers. There is also an grand total, updated twice a day including PayPal funds, at the link below. The 10% Stretch Goal has been surpassed and the 20% is within reach. Just hoping now that the 30% goal ($585,000) can be had

Support Project Fedora with PayPal

I have been waiting to donate until this was offered because more of your donated money will go to making the game than using Kickstarter. With Kickstarter and Amazons cut coming to between 9 and 10% a lot less actually goes to Chris Jones than the 3 to 4%  cut that PayPal takes.

I am just giddy about the thought of a playing a new Tex Murphy game next fall that I can’t believe I used the word giddy :lol:

Don’t Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful…There Are Many Other Reasons

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-06-13

PM

Yup, we’re doing incredibly well, but we could still use a little help.  Here’s hoping the backbone of our campaign, the $15 backers will see fit to raise their pledges in the last hours.

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2011-01-07

PM

If anyone is still new to the series or if you know someone who hasn’t heard of Tex Murphy before here’s a page which gives some background and also collects together links to some of the key updates from the Kickstarter (e.g. Aaron talking about the gameplay and story, reward breakdowns, Chris on stretch goals, actor testimonials etc.).
http://www.crossrealms.net/tex-universe.html

We’re in the final stretch so if you can spread the above link to those you know who are unsure about the Kickstarter due to not having enough info on “Who is Tex Murphy?” or who don’t have time to dig through the Updates tab for the most important info feel free to give them that link.

Tex Murphy - Project Fedora. A new Adventure Game with Adventure Game with Noir Detective and Sci-Fi themes upcoming.

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2012-05-25

PM

For those that are interested, and might not have pledged in the logical assumption that it’s already funded, here’s what you might have missed:

If we exceed funding by 10% ($495,000+): Additional story (including puzzles, gameplay, locations and characters). Checked!!

If we exceed funding by 20% ($540,000+): Port the game to additional platforms, provide Text translations for French, Italian, German, Spanish (English will already be included). Finally, more recognizable actors.

If we exceed funding by 30% ($585,000+): Another expansion of the story (including puzzles, gameplay, locations and characters), ingame golf game, and Live Orchestra for the games’ music.

We’re now at 532580$ with 56 hours to go!

Let’s make it the best Tex ever!

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

The latest update has lots more awesomeness. Anyone who raises/pledges at least $15, and any existing backers giving more than $75 are entered in a raffle to win prizes.

Also the Magnificent 7 are back for more pledge matching. Give give give!

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-06-13

PM

UPDATE 34:
OUR FINAL STRETCH GOAL IS $585,000. HELP US REACH THIS GOAL. READ MORE FOR DETAILS!
WIN PRIZES:
For chance to win exclusive Tex Memorabilia (e.g. ORIGINAL Fedora used by Tex Murphy), enter by satisfying any one of the following:
a) All NEW Backers at $15 or above
b) Existing Backers at $75 or above
c) Existing backers below $75 who up their pledge by $15
Here are the prizes on offer
(One of which is the original Roswell Alien model from ‘The Pandora Directive’!)
WEALTHY BACKER BOOST (MAGNIFICENT 7):
Pledged total will jump by $4,000 when Kickstarter + Paypal reach $546,000
Pledged total will jump AGAIN by $4,000 when Kickstarter + Paypal reach $566,000
When we reach $585,000 there will be:
1) In-game music performed by a LIVE Orchestra!
2) An extension to Chandler avenue featuring mutants so deformed they are known as Morlocks!
3) An in-game golf sim to take some time out between investigations (in Big Finish’s previous incarnation they were responsible for Links 386!)
LET’S REACH OUR FINAL GOAL OF $585,000

Joined 2011-01-07

PM

Trilaanus - 14 June 2012 04:54 AM

UPDATE 34:
When we reach $585,000 there will be:
1) In-game music performed by a LIVE Orchestra!
2) An extension to Chandler avenue featuring mutants so deformed they are known as Morlocks!
3) An in-game golf sim to take some time out between investigations (in Big Finish’s previous incarnation they were responsible for Links 386!)

There will also be:
Expansion of the story (including puzzles, gameplay, locations and characters).

In the Reddit they said that could include:
“More backstory stuff. As an example, David Wright’s cabin in Pandora was added on toward the end of development. That’s the kind of thing we would add with the stretch goal story stuff.”

For anyone who hasn’t played Pandora Directive, the cabin was actually quite a substantial part of the game where you make some major discoveries. As well as having a lot to explore and do in terms of the gameplay. It is a part of the game that a lot of people find one of the most memorable. So it really is worth getting to that final stretch goal!

Tex Murphy - Project Fedora. A new Adventure Game with Adventure Game with Noir Detective and Sci-Fi themes upcoming.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

The fedora is indeed tempting but I think I’m pretty much at my limit now, especially since my fiance’s payday got postponed and I probably wont get my money before next week either. Tex will quite literally take all of my money Frown.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

I dont understand this. If someone backs for $15 now, then they are eligible. But if you backed for more and supported the project early on, then you aren’t eligible unless you up the pledge again? How does that make sense? What if I cancel and pledge at $15 - does that make me eligible Tongue

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

I agree, doesn’t make sense. What’s more, the third stretch goal doesn’t appeal to me. Golf, just because Big Finish already produces golf simulations or something? No thanks. Live orchestra? I’m not so sure my computer and earphones can tell the difference. Smile Second stretch goal is good, third is superfluous.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Fien - 14 June 2012 09:35 AM

I agree, doesn’t make sense. What’s more, the third stretch goal doesn’t appeal to me. Golf, just because Big Finish already produces golf simulations or something? No thanks. Live orchestra? I’m not so sure my computer and earphones can tell the difference. Smile Second stretch goal is good, third is superfluous.

You’re neglecting the most important one, which is an expansion to the main hub area, and an additional subplot with new characters and gameplay. The other two things are gravy, but more game is a big deal, always.

Joined 2011-01-07

PM

Siddhi - 14 June 2012 09:29 AM

I dont understand this. If someone backs for $15 now, then they are eligible. But if you backed for more and supported the project early on, then you aren’t eligible unless you up the pledge again? How does that make sense? What if I cancel and pledge at $15 - does that make me eligible Tongue

Anyone already pledged $75 or more is automatically entered. Anyone below $75 who ups their pledge by $15 is entered too. For those who pledged lower but are maxed out send in a suggestion, they are taking on board any feedback:

I already pledged 30 and that is the max I can go. Does this mean that if I pleged 15 and now another 15, I would enter the drawing, but not with the current 30?

Chris Jones & Aaron Conners says about 13 hours ago:

Hi João,

That is definitely a fair question and we hadn’t thought of all the ramifications. Your point is valid. We will discuss this tonight and have an answer tomorrow.

As for international backers - they will not need to add shipping if they win one of the sixteen prizes we have listed. This is a prize they will have won.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Chris

Fien - 14 June 2012 09:35 AM

Second stretch goal is good, third is superfluous.

Third stretch goal also includes expansion of the story (including puzzles, gameplay, locations and characters). One example they gave on the Reddit QandA was David Wright’s cabin in Pandora Directive as a stretch addition during production of that earlier game, which actually had a lot of substantial discoveries which added to the plot, gameplay, more areas to explore, more dialogue, some more puzzles, and various filmed cutscenes etc. The atmosphere and such made it one of the most memorable parts of the game. Thats the kind of thing they’ll be adding with the 30% stretch goal.

There is also the “dark and dangerous” extension to Tex’s home street Chandler Avenue with “severely mutated mutants”.

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2005-01-25

PM

The prizes look great, but Kickstarter actually prohibits the offering of prizes by draw to backers. (Presumably because that would fall under lottery laws and possibly violate prohibitions against gambling.)

Another Kickstarter I’m backing, Lilly Looking Through, just had to withdraw their draw for a pair of goggles. I’m afraid this might turn into a major problem for the Project Fedora KS project, since there’s so little time left of the funding period to sort it out.

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

After a brisk nap - 14 June 2012 11:32 AM

The prizes look great, but Kickstarter actually prohibits the offering of prizes by draw to backers. (Presumably because that would fall under lottery laws and possibly violate prohibitions against gambling.)

No it doesn’t. It prohibits prize drawings as rewards, not their use as a promotional tool in any capacity. Other campaigns have done this before, and it’s fine.

For example:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/240268849/diffusion-annual-deluxe-edition/posts/223116
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/arcadebrewery/arcade-brewery/posts/228967
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crownedbird/crowned-bird-kickstarter/posts/224131
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/andrewdavid/aikonia-comic-printing-chapter-one/posts/132581
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/postudios/cognition-an-erica-reed-thriller/posts/139865

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2005-01-25

PM

Since you have to pledge (minimum $15) in order to be entered into the prize drawing, I don’t see how it’s fundamentally different from a reward. Here’s the text of the Lilly Looking Through update that Kickstarter determined to be against their rules:

A Chance to WIN some Goggles

Regardless of reaching the stretch goal of $36,000, anyone pledging $25 or MORE will automatically be entered into our “Goggles Giveaway” drawing. After the Kickstarter campaign is done, we will record a video of ourselves drawing the name of the lucky winner of the goggles pictured below. (Thanks to our backer Celeste Barczewska for giving us the idea!)

The Kickstarter guidelines simply say:

Prohibited content. There are some things we just don’t allow on Kickstarter.

Contests (entry fees, prize money, within your project to encourage support, etc)
Raffles, lotteries, and sweepstakes

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top