• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady Kestrelrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Jump Mania - classic Q*bert with a taste of adventure!

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2013-05-29

PM

Hi, guys!

I did not see a post here about this, so I decided to make one!
Remember Q*bert - the hopping guy, changing cubes colors and his enemies! Classic, right?
Well, it comes up for mobile devices!

http://www.zariba.com/r/jump-mania/

It is not live yet, but they say it is coming up Smile So, finger crossed!

P.S. I do not know how many of you are interested in mobile games, I see here PC, MAC..and…iPhone & iPad, so decided to share here! I really think this will be a great comeback for Q*bert Smile

Have a great day all!

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

dee90 - 29 May 2013 04:22 AM

Remember Q*bert - the hopping guy, changing cubes colors and his enemies!

Meh

Nope.

(Sorry!)

Joined 2013-05-29

PM

Well, it is an 80’s hit Smile

Check it here:

Not quite beautiful, but hey - the 80’s….in 2013, at least the graphics should be better, right Grin

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

dee90 - 29 May 2013 04:36 AM

Not quite beautiful, but hey - the 80’s….in 2013, at least the graphics should be better, right Grin

Speak for yourself - I love the retro look of classic Q*Bert more than that vector art smart phone app crap.

Also, you made that game right? Well good luck to you if you did - it took the Rovio guys about 40 or so games before they hit it big with Angry Birds, hope you keep going with this and please visit again when you make an actual adventure game!

Joined 2013-05-29

PM

Well, I think you should try it when it goes live and then come up with a conclusion Smile
And also, Angry Birds is not the only hit breaker on AppStore - there are different games for every one, I prefer Plants vs. Zombies than Angry Birds. Just a matter of opinion Smile

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2013-05-29

PM

I just saw the video and screenshots from the link. It looks pretty good to be honest.
The redesign is colorful and will appeal to young children. The classic retro look is more for the old school guys I think.

Total Posts: 358

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I love Q Bert!

Joined 2013-05-29

PM

Quest1 - 29 May 2013 07:36 AM

I love Q Bert!

Stay tuned then Smile Glad to find people alike Smile

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Q*Bert is a short round guy with a trumpet nose.

Who is the lame dog looking character?

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2013-05-29

PM

What’s with you guys and new stuff? I thought this will be cool news for every one who used to spend hours and hours playing Q*bert. Times move on, things are changing, this is a remake - of course it will look different! I tried and I did not find anything like this on Apple store or Google Play - so, for now, that is it Smile

When it is live, just try it and if you like it - ok, if not - you can always give a feedback Smile

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lucien21 - 29 May 2013 03:16 PM

Q*Bert is a short round guy with a trumpet nose.

Who is the lame dog looking character?

I was thinking the same thing when I saw that screenshot. That’s not the Q*Bert I remember, nor is it anything like the one that featured in Wreck-It-Ralph (which was very close to the original one)...

Lots of luck with the project, but why the main character overhaul???

dee90 - 30 May 2013 02:13 AM

Times move on, things are changing, this is a remake - of course it will look different!

Yeah, but everybody who has ever heard of Q*Bert knows it’s a round character with a trumpet nose.

It will look different in a remake, I get that, but looking different shouldn’t mean getting rid of the roundness and of the trumpet nose, and adding ears. Just take the original form and make it newer. Closer to something like this:

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-05-29

PM

Wow, I have never seen this 3D version….I guess you may be right. We will see how it goes and will consider your opinion. Thanks for the hints Smile I will be very grateful if you try it when it is line in Store and share your opinion about gameplay and stuff - I am sure it will help Smile

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

dee90 - 03 June 2013 02:26 AM

Wow, I have never seen this 3D version….

I just Googled “Q*Bert” and this was one of the first images to appear. It leads to a rather interesting interview with Warren Davis and there’s a ton of Q*Bert merchandize depicted in it. Which kinda enhances my point about changing the look of the main character too much…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-05-29

PM

Thanks! I will have a look at this Smile For now we will see how it goes, but this is very useful information! Thank you again!

Joined 2013-05-29

PM

Well, guys! Here is the moment of truth! Jump Mania is live!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jump-mania-free/id583314055?mt=8

Come check it out and leave your feedback Smile Thank you! Grin

Joined 2013-05-29

PM

Q*bert is alive!!!!

Hi, guys! We from Zariba are very excited to announce our latest project is LIVE on AppStore!!!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jump-mania-free/id583314055?mt=8

If you love old school arcade game, we think, you will be very very happy! GrinGrin:D It’s fun, it’s unique, it’s FREE! The reason we did this is because we are great Q*bert fans as well and there was no such game is AppStore! Until now!

Come join the fun Smile We will be very glad, if you try it leave a response: Did you like it? Was it difficult for you? What you recommend! This matters!

Thank you, guys!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top