• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieGabrielwalas74zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 77

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Hey, today is the day Euro 2012 kicks off in Poland and Ukraine, and I can’t believe we don’t have a football thread yet!

So who of you are watching the tournament, which countries are you rooting for, and who do you think has the best chances of winning?

I’m obviously rooting for the Netherlands, but I’m afraid we’re not going to make it (again). Germany or Spain probably. I hope I’m wrong, of course!

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Well Scotland didn’t qualify Frown

I think Germany are a decent shout for winners. I don’t see Spain doing it again.

The opening game had everything, 2 red cards a saved penalty and a couple of goals, but it wasn’t exactly exciting to watch.

The Russia game that it currently at half time is a better game (unless you are a Czech Rep. Fan)

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Erwin_Br - 08 June 2012 03:37 PM

Hey, today is the day Euro 2012 kicks off in Poland and Ukraine, and I can’t believe we don’t have a football thread yet!

So who of you are watching the tournament, which countries are you rooting for, and who do you think has the best chances of winning?

i think if Netherlands didn’t make it this year and won the cup they will never be able to get through even through qualifications in in the next 10 years or so… i believe they have the greatest squad,.. better than than Spain’s which i am sure we will see an early fall for them.. and even better than the old times of the their team with the great legendary trio Van,Rod and Riccard ..

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Well, after seeing Russia this evening I think we have another likely candidate for the title.

And how Greece ever managed to qualify is beyond me.

Total Posts: 212

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

I got all excited when the news was reporting that the English national team was going to Auschwitz, and then I remembered that it’s a museum now. Tongue

Feel free to pan me for that one, haha.

/not a sports fan.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

I think Spain, Holland or Germany must be favourites to win, but that’s what’s great about the start of a tournament, you never know who’s going to perform or not!

There seems to be much less expectation for the England Team (from the English) this year which can only be a good thing for us. We won’t win and I don’t think anyone expects us to go past the quaters but who knows!

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

As usual, I’m rooting for Spain and Italy. Both have some unfortunate injuries, especially Italy, but we’ll see Smile

Too bad about the whole racism thing in Poland, though (in the Dutch team’s practice there were some locals shouting racist stuff to the black players in the Dutch team)...

B and C are pretty tough groups indeed… I hope Portugal manages to be a surpriser this year! Also interested to see how Sweden does, every now and then they play quite beautiful football (haven’t seen them this season though) Smile

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

The first big shock of the tournament.

Ouch if you are Dutch esp with the stonewall penalty at the end.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Lucien21 - 09 June 2012 01:51 PM

The first big shock of the tournament.

Ouch if you are Dutch esp with the stonewall penalty at the end.

Painful. All those missed chances. The pressure on the team is huge. The Dutch now have to beat Germany this Wednesday.

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

Well, that was totally unexpected! Smile

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Portugal were very negative in this game. They more or less played to stiffle Germany and get a draw.

Not the most exciting game i’ve ever watched, but a good win for Germany anyway.

Roberta Williams

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’m not sure about Portugal aiming for a draw. I expected more from Germany, to be honest.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

OK
how bets on Holland to beat Germany, the next match ?

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

If the Dutch put in some fire into their play, instead of that apathetic attitude against Denmark, I give them a chance to win from Germany. And then they also need to finish off their opportunities. I hope the coach brings Huntelaar in, he’s top scorer of the German league and it’s a shame he only got 20 minutes last time.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I thought Spain were lucky to come away with a draw.

Roberta Williams

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Me too. Italy played better than I expected.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top