• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445KeybordzLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

3D adventure games?

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2012-06-04

PM

Well, nice new forum. Good job Marek Smile

I’ve recently bought a 120hz/3D monitor and was wondering if point ‘n click developers are likely to start making our favourite games in 3D? With the option of course of still being able to play them in 2D. At the moment, there’s a list of games which use tridef software for AMD cards and nvidia vision for nvidia cards. I can run action games with tridef and they look stunning, but no point ‘n clicks seem to be catered for yet. I just tried old games like nostradamus and runaway twist of fate by using the monitor’s 2D to 3D built in converter and it’s fairly impressive, but would be really good if the games were actually developed for 3D. Anyone here like the idea of 3D adventuring and puzzling? Smile

First registered in 2005. Original creator of: Place that Quote! - Adventure Game Sounds - Decipher the Anagram! - Name that Inventory! - A Face to Place!

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2005-11-23

PM

I’m not sure but I think Memento Mori 2 is expected to have 3D support. That’s the only one I know!

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

What an interesting topic!
Yes, Memento Mori 2 should come in 3D too, amazon page confirms that: http://www.amazon.de/DTP-Memento-Mori-2/dp/B005GJ5OTW

But will it be standard? I guess it depends from some factors:
- will 3D go to mainstream.
- if production/development cost will be small enough - adventures aren’t exactly most popular genre and budgets are very tight already. (if the kickkstarter projects will be popular, the adv genre might rise)
- will it make sense in gameplay. I’m yet to have real gaming experience with in 3D, especially in adventure, but if 3D would hinder the gameplay then i can’t see the point.
- if there will be 1 hyper popular 3D adventure, expect 3D to get to be the “must have” feature.

Still, it would be interesting to try. Smile

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2012-06-04

PM

Nice, thanks, says “Played with shutter glasses in Digital 3D!” for Memento Mori 2.  My monitor came with active shutter glasses.  I must say, it takes some getting used to the glasses and I’ve not as yet actually played any games in 3D, just tried them out and it is very impressive. Even I would have to see if I’d want to play a full game with the glasses on or not. But it will be nice to have the option since I have the equipment now.

First registered in 2005. Original creator of: Place that Quote! - Adventure Game Sounds - Decipher the Anagram! - Name that Inventory! - A Face to Place!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top