• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

So, what’s your game of 2012?

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2012-12-19

PM

I think it’s easy! Far Cry 3! It’s an amazing game Tongue If someone didn’t play this game i recommend to wach trailers or gameplays on youtube

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

wilco - 23 December 2012 07:13 PM

I only played it once when it was released, so I don’t remember everything about it. I was really hyped for it at the time so that might be a big part of problem, but I really didn’t like it. The setting was interesting but the story boring with a predictable twist at the end (specially after kotor). The game felt really small with only that big city to explore something. The combat was the worst part being repetitive and broken I think (I remember apamming only one attack to kill the final boss). Dragon Age was much more interesting and fun to me (Yeah, Dragon Age 2 is bad and rushed…) and Mass Effect a great trilogy for what it is - a big epic action-heavy RPG-lite space-opera.

Well, I’ll respect your opinion Wink Just wanted to note, that certainly it had a lot more than just that one city. Plenty of other settings as well.
In a sense, the final fight couldn’t actuall have been - at least fully - spamming one move, because at one point the opponent develops immunity for your style so you have to vary between them
As always, though, it’s simply a matter of tastes. To me Dragon Age’s setting and story seemed dreadfully dull and seen a million times.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

UPtimist - 24 December 2012 04:36 AM

Well, I’ll respect your opinion Wink Just wanted to note, that certainly it had a lot more than just that one city. Plenty of other settings as well.
In a sense, the final fight couldn’t actuall have been - at least fully - spamming one move, because at one point the opponent develops immunity for your style so you have to vary between them
As always, though, it’s simply a matter of tastes. To me Dragon Age’s setting and story seemed dreadfully dull and seen a million times.

Mmm, I may be completely wrong in some things, maybe the major problem I have is that it came after Baldur’s Gate and Kotor and didnt’t live up to them Smile
I would probably have to replay it to get a more fair view.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Personally, I think Jade Empire is an average game. It’s not bad by any means, but the story’s far too short, rather predictable (and not all that interesting) and you’re not given enough options throughout. And like you said: the combat’s very repetitive
I also don’t like the fact that they go through the trouble of casting Nathan Fillion in a role, only to give him a very small non-comedic role. That’s just a waste of comedy talent, imo… Tongue

Dragon Age 2 is actually not that bad. Starts off really good, and up until the second year I actually thought it was better than DA:Origins. Unfortunately in the second year (Act II) the story comes to a complete stand-still, and it never really picks up anymore.
I did like the framed storytelling with an unreliable narrator, though.

I really like all of BioWare’s RPGs…

honey02 - 24 December 2012 01:50 AM

I think it’s easy! Far Cry 3! It’s an amazing game Tongue If someone didn’t play this game i recommend to wach trailers or gameplays on youtube

How different is it from Far Cry 2? I hated the fact that FC2 was like a GTA game in the jungle, but without any safe places at all. I didn’t like being on edge ALL the time. Stopped playing after about four hours, I had enough…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

They overhauled Farcry. 3 to be not a lot like the previous 2 games.

I has the open world, but it,s more like assassins creed open world. you have to climb radio towers to uncover the map, take over 30-odd bases, by eliminating the occupants and do various hunting,crafting missions as wel as the main plot.

Once you take over a base that becomes one of your safe areas that you can buy items or fast travel too for safety.  Once you liberate bases those areas become more safe to walk around etc.

it’s a lot better than 2.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Journey won IGN and Gamespot Game of the year, so i will implore you guys to check
it out,must play for all.

Total Posts: 57

Joined 2009-07-07

PM

Finished it last week in one two hours long session leaving me absolutely breathless. What a gorgeous and engaging experience.

“It is so shocking to find out how many people do not believe that they can learn, and how many more believe learning to be difficult.”

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top