• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabrielwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #64 – Oknytt

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

colpet - 22 January 2021 06:30 AM
rtrooney - 21 January 2021 09:31 PM

I am really enjoying the game. I’m just about to the end of chapter one. Part of my lack of contact is because I am having great difficulty maintaining a log-in presence on AG. This has happened before, and I don’t know the cause.

You and me both. Every time I come back to the forum, I am logged out, despite ticking the ‘keep me logged in’ box when I log in again.

Hmm.. Looking into this, I did notice it as well today. It really should remember you for a very long time, but something is forcing logout (that I cannot explain yet).

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

irrelevant stuff deleted

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Finished chapter one now.

Like others, I’m thinking the creature is either a goblin of some kind or a spirit of something buried in that mound. I don’t really want to speculate too much, rather just let the story flow.

And like everyone, I too like the narrator. Though I would have preferred if he pronounced the Swedish words in Swedish, especially “hustomte” bothered me.

Puzzlewise I agree with this:

TimovieMan - 19 January 2021 11:11 AM

The puzzles so far are a bit hit-and-miss. Several are well-clued-in and the actions to undertake are obvious (making oatmeal for instance), but others had me resorting to “using everything on everything” (making a fishing rod for instance). Fortunately they can easily be brute-forced because of the limited amount of screens, hotspots and inventory items.

I’m Finnish btw, so we have many similar myths ourselves, though they are not widely known these days, as I expect is the case in Sweden too. We definitely have our “tomte”, tonttu, but those are mostly Santa’s helpers now, people don’t really refer to house or sauna elves much. We have some songs and rhymes and fairytales still of course, but people don’t really know much beyond that and definitely don’t leave offerings or anything.

Overall I like the dark but cozy feel of the game and it’s probably partly because this stuff is familiar to me from my childhood, and the dark woods with its creatures is not inherently a scary place to me, though I probably would be very scared going into the woods now.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

CaliMonk - 22 January 2021 09:47 AM

Hmm.. Looking into this, I did notice it as well today. It really should remember you for a very long time, but something is forcing logout (that I cannot explain yet).

My problem is a bit more difficult than simply needing to log in every time I access the platform. I often access the forum, see that I’m not logged in, log in and access the Adventure forum, and see that I am no longer logged in. so I attempt to log in again. Sometimes it works. Most often it doesn’t. So then I basically say that it isn’t worth the effort to post a comment. I’ll just play the game and be done with it.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

rtrooney - 23 January 2021 10:23 PM
CaliMonk - 22 January 2021 09:47 AM

My problem is a bit more difficult than simply needing to log in every time I access the platform. I often access the forum, see that I’m not logged in, log in and access the Adventure forum, and see that I am no longer logged in. so I attempt to log in again. Sometimes it works. Most often it doesn’t. So then I basically say that it isn’t worth the effort to post a comment. I’ll just play the game and be done with it.

That must be very frustrating. At least when I login, I can post while I’m there. Mind you, I only post on the Adventure forum page so I don’t care if I’m kicked off after.

I have finished Chapter 2. I will post my thoughts when Sefir gives the go ahead.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Most of us made it past the 1st chapter fairly easily. Time to move on to our journey!

In the first chapter we were introduced to our small protagonist and the world in general. We met new characters, like the Gårdstomten, the Hustomte and of course the Ålvor and their Queen.

The second chapter has a lot of similarities with the first one. Lots of inventory puzzles (at about the same difficulty) and even more interesting creatures!!

So move on friends, but heed my warning, not all creatures you meet are as kind-hearted as our small, “insiginificant” creature.  Wink

We will continue with the same pace. 1 week (until the 31th of January) to finish the second chapter will be more than enough.

EDIT: I must admit, I have completely forgotten the game’s music. It is very fitting and atmospheric to the whole scenery.

EDIT 2: Use your elemental abilities in every opportunity you have and when you can interact with an item/character always go with the “read” option first to get a nice description from the narrator and, if it is an item, go with the “talk” option secondly to get a nice comment from the protagonist. In general, the narrating is so atmospheric that I try to get as many comments and descriptions as possible. Smile

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

Chapter 2
I have got into a rhythm now, investigating each screen with all available verbs and ruins. I am a copious note keeper, and have different coloured pens for things like inventory, interactive items, conversations, etc.

I was a bit confused about the first creature we meet,   the Nekken. It seemed to me that he was to be avoided, not indulged. So it did not make sense when I was giving him what he wanted to make him more powerful.
As to the Brunsgrubber, I was convinced I had to somehow refill the well, but that was not my task. So I was stuck with that preconception, and missed the other possibilities. I ended up with the ‘trying it all’, and found the solution that allowed me to progress.

The rest of that section’s challenges worked out ok for me.
The Hag’s lair was more repetitive from an inventory standpoint. It didn’t help that the font had me reading Flammable as Hammable. I thought it was some sort of nordic flavouring description.

Anyhow, we are moving on with a little fairy companion. I am appreciating graphics and noticing the tiny bits of colour here and there.

Would anyone else dearly love the narrator to say:  “In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit… “

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

I’ve reached the stopping point. The rather short length of these chapters suit me perfect at the moment.

colpet - 24 January 2021 01:58 PM

I was a bit confused about the first creature we meet,   the Nekken. It seemed to me that he was to be avoided, not indulged. So it did not make sense when I was giving him what he wanted to make him more powerful.

Humans should definitely avoid Näcken, since his main goal is to lure people into drowning. He’s perhaps not that threatening to a creature like the protagonist. In any case, we were at least wise enough to avoid going into the water. I do agree that it felt wrong to help Näcken become more powerful.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

EDIT: I must admit, I have completely forgotten the game’s music. It is very fitting and atmospheric to the whole scenery.

Absolutely. Wish I could comment more. Got logged off twice since the initial need to log on. This is unacceptable. As I think I said before, I think I will just try to finish the game. Read posts when I can, reply when I can and report my thoughts when I’ve finished.

No fault with the game. It’s an AG problem.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Finished the first and second chapters. To be honest, the game doesn’t click with me. I was expecting at least some change in mood/locations as I went through the portal, but it’s just same grey, foggy, uninteresting forest, sleepy atmosphere, complete absence of humour. The creature has little to no personality, I can’t even tell what it looks like because of the lack of animation - it moves awkwardly (yet somehow managed to run away from danger), it is often described as using its hands and legs, yet always looks like a cone with no limbs at all, and I’ve no idea how and why it uses those powers. The whole thing feels like a multimedia project from the mid-1990s rather than, say, Loom.

The game in fact plays like an illustrated guide to the Swedish folklore: a number of creatures taken directly from the pages of a fairy tale book sit here and there, they have few spoken lines and hardly any backstories (yes, I remember about the encyclopedia, but compare the way they are introduced to Quest for Glory 4, for example), only some banal fetch quests loosely tied to them. Items are randomly scattered around screens, puzzles are generally uncreative, sometimes illogical, with the last screen (with an old witch and four ugly chickens) being the worst - I had no idea what I was doing and clicked through it almost blindly (not to mention how gross it was - feeding those chickens).

I’m also not a fan of the narrator’s work - most of the time it sounds like he is fooling around with his voice, not doing a professional voice-over, even taken the context of a fairy tale told by the fire. My biggest issue though is his repetitive “the small creature did something” opening line, really started getting on my nerves. Strange game, let’s see where it gets.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

I must say that I am enjoying the game, and that any negatives I’ve experienced are the same as I would have with 3rd person inventory games in general.
The premise is compelling enough to have me looking forward to the next chapter coming up. I’m intrigued to see what our little protagonist is all about, and how its story is going to end. The Ruin elements elevate this from the bog standard inventory fetch quest. I like how their effects are varied, but always related. For example, water can give tears, drool, or rain depending on the scene. It’s a neat mechanic and one that I haven’t seen in other games before.

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Finished chapter 2 and still enjoy the game. Like in chapter 1 there’s a bit too much trial & error involved in solving the inventory based puzzles, but generally they make sense after solving them. I generally dislike over explanations about why a certain item can be picked up and about its possible use once it’s in the inventory, but here I kind of miss some basic thoughts from the narrator or creature on the inventory items. Once picked up the items kind of “die” and we’re left only with the basic piece of bark and bottle tags without any clues as to why we’re carrying these things around.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I have yet to see someone comment on the Nattramn prophesy.
It is still early of course, but it sounded really ominous...  Meh

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

Sefir - 29 January 2021 09:24 AM

I have yet to see someone comment on the Nattramn prophesy.
It is still early of course, but it sounded really ominous...  Meh

My take:
The Past: “Risen from the grave, you are a kind creature…” 
makes me think of an innocent soul’, so more fodder for this being associated with an infant or child.
The Future: “Your future is dark, crumbling, but there is a light and escape…
So maybe this is a journey of trials that will end in a rebirth. 

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

For anyone who has ventured onto Chapter 3, I am stuck and need some direction.
What I have done: Returned the gnome to his brothers, started the river flowing in the chasm, and gave the iron coin to Svartarl to get access to the smelter (but have no idea why)
In my inventory: Dried flowers, berries, muddy tablet, twig, rock, stringless bow, pickaxe, spoiled apple, flute, copper wire.
Places I have access to are: Mountain entrance, Strange formation, Tunnel, Large Chamber, Gruvfrun, Blocked chamber, Dried-up River, and Abandoned mine.
I feel like I’m missing a whole chunk of game. I’ve searched the margins for any scenes I may have missed, and as far as I know, I’ve tried everything I can think of on every spot available, but there are so many inventory items. 

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top