• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoLady KestrelluckyloserrtrooneySpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

SpaceVenture (The Two Guys from Andromeda) 

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Advie -

Shooting for a June, it said,,, hope they don’t miss.

I don’t think that June release is gonna happen. They haven’t even started beta testing yet. Then again, that might just be another KS digital reward they forgot they had, the other being the abandoned development blog.

Total Posts: 37

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

This project is one of the biggest jokes in all of kickstarter. 7.5 years? lol.

Have you even watched the footage? It’s awful.

There’s no chance this comes out in June. If it does it will be even more of a mess than it would be if they wanted until it was actually done.

Thankfully I complained like 2 years ago and got refunded my $100 pledge.

At least Tesla Effect was awesome.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

As I expected, their timeframe wasn’t realistic enough for a June release. But on the bright side, July is here, so with this update, I am actually starting to have some renewed hope for the game.

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I think it’s this year’s July, not next. So the game is pretty much finished, that’s good news.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Doom - 01 July 2020 05:05 AM

I think it’s this year’s July, not next. So the game is pretty much finished, that’s good news.

March 16, 2020:
Shooting for a June release date!

July 1, 2020:
Though we didn’t reach the absolute finish line there is some good news. We are about to move into beta testing with all you qualified backers, and then hopefully a release of the game not too long after that depending on how well Beta testing goes.

I have (some) sympathy for developer problems, but this is just turning out to be a bad joke. They were supposed to release the game in June, but then the first day of July they post about planning to begin the beta test.

What were they doing from March to July? Did somebody at the end of June realise that in the few remaining hours of that month they didn’t have time to beta test and release the game? Shouldn’t that have been obvious a lot sooner, like to most backers and followers it was already back in March!

To quote my own input from this thread from that time: “I think that June release date seems unbelievably optimistic.  - -  I don’t think this will be out in June.” They didn’t prove me wrong, did they?

If they plan to do a thorough beta test, it will not be out July 2020. Maybe 2021. They could use the corona card to explain it or whatever.

This sentence sure doesn’t boost my confidence: “If you are wanting to experience the game the way it is meant to be played, you may not want to take part in Beta testing”.

In beta phase, the product should be nearly identical to final version, with some random bugs, glitches, and undesired features which will be fixed.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I do expect the game to be relatively buggy. I’ve gathered, that there has been quite a turnaround on the people working on the project, so there is a good possibility that the code base is somewhat of a mess.

If that is the case remains to be seen. I should have access to the beta, so I’ll get to see the results first hand.

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I agree there is no excuse for being stuck in development hell for so long, but at least the “corona card” could be justified. Nobody expected the lockdown, and lots of people had to change their schedules and seek other ways to gain money. I don’t know what they’ve been up to lately, but I doubt SpaceVenture is their full-time job, so if they planned to finish it in March-June in their free time and then the pandemic happened… Oh well, I still missed the “you may not want to take part in Beta testing” warning. I sure wouldn’t want to even if I was a beta tester Smile

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Corona really has affected devs majorly - e.g. our programmer was supposed to change countries and move overhere, not possible anymore. I know this has been late and I never got to back it, but definitely getting this when it launches, if only ‘cause these guys have been through so much crap over the development cycle.

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Mr Underhill - 01 July 2020 09:14 AM

Corona really has affected devs majorly - e.g. our programmer was supposed to change countries and move overhere, not possible anymore. I know this has been late and I never got to back it, but definitely getting this when it launches, if only ‘cause these guys have been through so much crap over the development cycle.

Heh this disaster of a game has nothing to do with Corona. This is 7 YEARS LATE. lol.

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Mr Underhill - 01 July 2020 09:14 AM

one month off but what did we expect, betatesting starts now.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spaceventure/two-guys-spaceventure-by-the-creators-of-space-que/posts/2909932?fbclid=IwAR0eLpL0Ci7k1AWk4eA8Pcb4ZXpr59hg7jkWdPEYsPeSgREOIabVO_EVgx8

the “beta” video they posted looks exactly like the game looked like 4 years ago.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Yup, yup… Well, as I am entitled to beta access, I should see the result soon enough.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

GateKeeper - 01 July 2020 05:34 AM

This sentence sure doesn’t boost my confidence: “If you are wanting to experience the game the way it is meant to be played, you may not want to take part in Beta testing”.

In beta phase, the product should be nearly identical to final version, with some random bugs, glitches, and undesired features which will be fixed.

Its very optimistic for you to feel that way. Having beta tested a bunch of stuff in open&closed; betas, what theyr saying is true. Beta testing always runs the risk of lowering enjoyment of the game.. its just not the most enjoyable way to experience it. There frequently is stuff missing like cutscenes.. and in some cases they just want you to play a specific part preferably more than once to work out problems. Beta testing is a term that means whatever the devs want it to. But typically it does not mean “the game is ready to be released we just wanted to see if you could find anything wrong with it” Sometimes with kickstarters though it means exactly that because they were obligated to include beta testing for backers even if it didnt actually make sense for them to need it on that scale.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I’m so glad I never backed this game.

After all these years finally a beta! Why isn’t it in the Hype-O-Meter, like that other adventure that never manages to be ready for release: Asylum.

Just kidding. And no! Asylum shouldn’t be there either.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top