• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

KeybordzLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Last finished game

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I just finished Thimbleweed Park. It was wonderful. Adventure game of the year? You bet.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 291

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

Mikekelly - 01 March 2020 06:15 AM

I just finished Thimbleweed Park. It was wonderful. Adventure game of the year? You bet.

Heart

I just started it, and while it plays great, and is quite funny, I’m a little over whelmed at how many characters.  And considering the stabs lucas arts developers have taken at sierra over the years for silly puzzle design, this game is almost as egregious in it’s puzzles.  Fun time though.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Replayed Uncharted 1&2

Still fun although the Blue guys at the end of 2 are stall a pain in the ass.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

‘congrats Lucien!  I really love parts of Uncharted.  I just wish I could skip all of the shooting people behind waist-high walls.  I’ve been meaning to boot these up again, as I’ve never beaten any of them.

I beat the Wii port of the Gamecube Remake of Resident Evil 1!  Now all I have to do is beat RE 2, and 3, and Code: veronica, and zero, and 4, and revelations and revelations 2, and then RESI 2 Remake, and then…. jesus christ.

Total Posts: 1620

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Thimbleweed park just didnt connect with me. I made it halfway through and gave up. Love the uncharted series. Im still slowly working my way through cold steel 3.

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2020-03-25

PM

The last game I finished would be Dreamfall: The Longest Journey. Pretty good game!

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Just beat final fantasy 7 remake. I loved it and im not a fan of final fantasy games usually.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Jdawg445 - 21 April 2020 11:51 PM

Just beat final fantasy 7 remake. I loved it and im not a fan of final fantasy games usually.

Ironically, if you had been into the FF games and played the original FF7 you probably would not have enjoyed the remake as much. That is what I got from the fans.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I just finished Dead or Alive 5 story mode. It was kinda cute really.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Rise of the Tomb Raider

A bit difficult to rate. The environments are gorgeous, the controls and gameplay are just fun and it just feels natural. But the very silly and bad story is a huge let down. At the beginning I gave it the benefit of the doubt and thought the story might be decent but they keep overusing clichés, the characters are not well drawn out (even after collecting as many recordings as you can)and everyone keeps passing the idiot ball around. I’m very suprised this was written by Terry Pratchett’s daughter and hope it’s this bad because of committee writing and not due to her lack of talent.

Once I got to the ending, I just no longer felt like replaying or exploring unexplored caves because the story had killed it for me. This was the first tomb raider I actually played more than 30 minutes so I’m not sure if awful stories are just a characteristic of the series.

I would rate it 4/5 for the first few hours and then 2/5 once finishing the game due to the story.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Origami - 25 April 2020 05:38 PM

Ironically, if you had been into the FF games and played the original FF7 you probably would not have enjoyed the remake as much. That is what I got from the fans.

I tried the original back in the 90s, awww blockbuster days lol. Did not connect with me at all. Did not get far at all. I beat the remake about 4 days ago, im playing again on hard. Loving it even more

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

Jdawg445 - 28 April 2020 10:37 PM
Origami - 25 April 2020 05:38 PM

I tried the original back in the 90s, awww blockbuster days lol. Did not connect with me at all. Did not get far at all. I beat the remake about 4 days ago, im playing again on hard. Loving it even more

I’ve played and beat FF’s 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10.  But still playing through 12, 15, 13, the spin off etc.  Lots of great games in there!

I agree with the overall consensus that FF7 is possibly one of the best games ever made, although I have to admit 8 is in fact my favorite one.

I only played the demo the remake, and I was really excited.  I’m bad at action games in general, but this game seemed like the action will be challenging, but with enough strategy it’ll be possible to account for my bad action skills.

I look forward to playing it, but I’m not in a hurry.  I figure I may as just wait until the entire ff7 saga is finished and then buy whatever collector’s edition comes out then.  I did go back and beat the original recently in preparation for the new one.

I think the biggest thing that turns people off is not necessarily the ATB gauge, but that at the beginning of the game, the gauge fills painfully slow, and you usually only have like an attack and one spell, so of course it drags a bit.  Later on your speed/Agility stat can be raised, and the ATB gauge will fill faster, combined with the expanded skill set, the original really picks up after you leave midgar.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

My top 4 FF games are:
1. IX
2. VI
3. X
4. IV

In fifth will likely be Tactics.

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

Origami - 29 April 2020 02:11 AM

My top 4 FF games are:
1. IX
2. VI
3. X
4. IV

In fifth will likely be Tactics.

So I just beat Uncharted 1 for the first time.  Good game I guess.  Certainly a fresh take on the tomb raider type of games.  Wish there was less shooting parts.  Certainly would have been impressive in 2007.

Unfortunately in 2007, I was sitting around playing Final Fantasy Tactics for the millionth time, so I never played uncharted until now.  I remember just weeks of my life where outside of work I only played tactics.  To this day, I’m kind of scared to play it again because I don’t want to get sucked into it and obsessed again.

EDIT:  Are the new tomb raider games kind of like uncharted?  I have not played them yet, but thinking about getting them if they are as cheap.  (uncharted was like 90 cents at the store)

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

For me the Tomb Raider games that felt closest to the Uncharted games are Legends and Underwold. I found them similar in that they presented lush vibrang environments that were enjoyable to explore. The newer Tomb Raider games are a bit too dark for me in terms of visuals.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top