• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretinJdawg445Lady KestrelTimovieManwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Vote on which game Double Fine do next

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

They are now having another Amnesia Fortnight where everybody pitches their ideas but this time we get to pick which ones get made. There are some really interesting ones here.

Amnesia Fortnight

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Yeah Spacebase and Whitebirch are most interesting, hope they make it, though 1$ voting idea is crap.

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I agree about The White Birch seeming like a really cool idea. Don’t get what you think is so bad about the “pay what you want”-model though.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I haven’t taken a liking to any of the concepts for this round of Amnesia Fortnight - none of the ideas seem to be as great as say Stacking or Costume Quest, but we’ll see.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Hmm, no adventuregames Frown

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

There are many hybrids and The White Birch definitely seems to be overall really close to an adventuregame although not a classical one which seems fairly reasonable since Schafer is making one of those right now. Smile

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Has anyone else followed the stream today for the unveiling of the prototypes? (Or just to see Greg in a tux!) I can’t wait for Friday to get my hands on them. The quality of the work that a team of a dozen talented people can produce in just two weeks is staggering.(*) Hack’n'Slash in particular looked insanely fun and promising (and should appeal to adventure gamers; heck, it is an adventure game—at least as much as Portal). Since it looks like it’d probably be the cheapest to turn into a full game (it had a very small team) and seemed to get very positive reactions from both the DF folks and the people following the stream, I really, really hope that we get a full version at some point.

(*) How Autonomous’s unique art style (you really have to see it in action) sprang out of the ground in just two weeks is particularly impressive. Tim Schafer mentioned in the DFA doc that Lee Petty is not only a great art director, but that he has also a good mind for the technical side of game graphics; I see now what he meant.

Anyway, all of it has been a fantastic experience: the voting, the daily streams (I tried to follow when I could), the 2PP recaps, the interaction with the team, and some very promising prototypes as a result. I hope that this very public Amnesia Fortnight works out great for Double Fine (i.e. that some of the games get funding, and that the full versions become successful) and that they decide to do it again next year.

EDIT: links to the archived stream:
Autonomous
The White Birch
Hack’n'Slash
Spacebase DF-9
Black Lake
Debriefing with Tim Schafer

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top