• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Wolf Among Us 2 brought back to life by Telltale Games & AdHoc Studio.

Total Posts: 416

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

The announcement was just recently made during the Game Awards.

IGN Article

AdHoc’s Nick Herman and Dennis Lenart will serve as directors, while Pierre Shorette will be a writer on the project. Adam Harrington will return to voice Bigby Wolf, while Erin Yvette is reprising her role as Snow White. Jared Emerson-Johnson is back as composer.

“When the opportunity came up, it was an easy decision for us.” sPierre Shorette, CCO of AdHoc Studio, said in a statement. “Developing The Wolf Among Us was my first project at Telltale and the start of a creative partnership with Nick and Dennis, so obviously we’re excited to further explore the Fables universe.”

Telltale Games formerly announced The Wolf Among Us 2 back in 2017, though the game’s original production saw a delay into 2019. Following the Telltale layoffs in 2018, reports earlier this year suggested all future Telltale projects, including Wolf Among Us 2, had been canceled as the studio faced even more layoffs and closure.

Earlier this year, Telltale Games was revived as a brand, though not with all former employees returning, by LCG Entertainment.

Also, the first game is free right now on epic game store.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I soooo want this to be true! To join Bigby and Snow White in another great story…  Heart Eyes  Heart  Thumbs Up
But I’ll expect it when I see it.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Very good news, absolutely loved the first one and super up for another instalment if they can really get it done.

Karlok - 13 December 2019 07:51 AM

Darkling-room-itis? Wink

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Intense Degree - 13 December 2019 08:00 AM

Very good news, absolutely loved the first one and super up for another instalment if they can really get it done.

Karlok - 13 December 2019 07:51 AM

Darkling-room-itis? Wink

Heh. Sort of. I was so disappointed when Telltale cancelled TWaU 2 and now I’m afraid to believe it will really happen. (But I’m no longer interested in Darkling Room and their games.)

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

It’s almost embarrassing how excited I am for these news:)
I’d LOVE to continue the journey. Also was low-key heartbroken when they canceled it initially, so I’ll be looking forward to it now. Again.

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

So… it turns out that Bigby and the Fables are reportedly now public domain…?

https://www.eurogamer.net/the-wolf-among-us-and-fables-creator-clashes-with-dc-and-puts-entire-franchise-into-the-public-domain

Not sure what this means for TWAU2? Meh

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

That should not mean much, really. They can still make the game and sell it, just as everyone else is free to make whatever they want with the characters and the franchise.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

It does mean somebody else could make a similar game without getting the rights for it. Maybe more relevantly the media exposure gives them motivation to get this game finally out? They could say heres the game based on the setting youve heard about in the controversy! Shrug. Based on the total radio silence up until now, i doubt it

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

tomimt - 19 September 2023 02:50 AM

That should not mean much, really. They can still make the game and sell it, just as everyone else is free to make whatever they want with the characters and the franchise.

zane - 19 September 2023 03:09 PM

Maybe more relevantly the media exposure gives them motivation to get this game finally out? They could say heres the game based on the setting youve heard about in the controversy! Shrug. Based on the total radio silence up until now, i doubt it

In theory I agree it shouldn’t make much difference and it could be a spur to actually get it done… but I also agree that I doubt that will happen. It doesn’t seem to take a lot to knock telltale out of their stride, and if DC try and litigate this it could cause some serious delays to anyone working on anything fable related.

In a statement shared with IGN, DC has disputed Willingham’s claims about Fables being in the public domain, asserting that is not the case and the company will take any “action” it deems necessary against the infringement of the property as DC retains ownership over the beloved fantasy series and its characters.

“The Fables comic books and graphic novels published by DC, and the storylines, characters, and elements therein, are owned by DC and protected under the copyright laws of the United States and throughout the world in accordance with applicable law and are not in the public domain,” the statement reads. “DC reserves all rights and will take such action as DC deems necessary or appropriate to protect its intellectual property rights.”

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Well the creator blogged more about it and apparently takes issue with how the games been handled:

They had no obligation whatsoever to protect the integrity and value of the IP, either from themselves, or from third parties (Telltale Games, for instance) who want to radically alter the characters, settings, history and premises of the story (I’ve seen the script they tried to hide from me for a couple of years). Nor did they owe me any money for licensing the Fables rights to third parties, since such a license wasn’t anticipated in our original publishing agreement.”]

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top