• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Looking for recommendation- hybrid game like Neuromancer

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2005-09-23

PM

I am looking for adventure game suggestions that have a healthy part of computer hacking in them.

Two of the titles I have really enjoyed:
- Neuromancer
- Else Heart Break

There are several hacking games out there but I am not finding too many hybrids that are also good adventure games.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2004-06-18

PM

Mmmh not an easy one, there’s many games that feature hacking but it’s mostly a throaway minigames of sorts.

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

There’s 128k - A Detective Game and its remake/sequel After Hours (aka 256k).

Whether they fit your criteria, I can’t tell, at least they are not point and click adventures in any traditional sense.

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

Maybe take a look at NITE Team 4 - Military Hacking Division. I haven’t played it yet but the prior games by the developer were all quite good adventure hybrids.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Depending on how involved you want your hacking to be, you might take a look at:
Beneath A Steel Sky
Hypnospace Outlaw
Mainlining
Digital: A Love Story
Analogue: A Hate Story
Code 7

I can’t think of many adventures other than Else Heart.Break() that feature actual programming as a mechanic, but I’d be interested to hear of any!

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

There was this old game from 1980s called simply Hacker, revolutionary for its time (from what I’ve heard). And there were quite a number of games involving programming. Colobot comes to mind, at the time it was a lot of fun to play (not about hacking though).

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2005-09-23

PM

Thank you! Looks like there really is only a limited selection as I have played most of the titles with the exception of 128k/256k. Checking that one out now!

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

I guess it is quite a specialized field! There were a few I found but didn’t mention as I didn’t know enough about them - it might be worth searching for yourself. Itch.io and Steam both have tagging systems, so you could see what’s available:
https://itch.io/games/genre-adventure/tag-hacking
https://store.steampowered.com/search/?sort_by=Released_DESC&page=1&tags=21,5502

Looking at those lists reminded me of Wardialler and Orwell, which might be of interest.

Or you could search AG by typing

site:adventuregamers.com "hacking" 

into Google and see if anything catches your eye.

And if the classic Hacker appeals to you, you might also like to check out System 15000 if you haven’t already.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top