• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Costume Quest

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

I just got this a week ago and what a great little game! I emphasise “little” because it’s quite short but incredibly fun.

For those who haven’t heard of it, it’s by Double Fine creators of Stacking and Psychonauts. I think Tim Schaefer was involved, which explains its charm.

A large part of the game is turn-based battles but they are more tactical than anything else, you have to figure out which costume works best in which situation and there are items to equip which get you extra bonuses.

I only wish there was more DLC coming out because it was a bit too short even with the current expansion. But I guess the format is quite limited and there’s only so much you can do with it before the battles get boring.

Anyway, highly recommended. Definitely look into it if you like Schaefer’s work. It’s not quite an adventure but I actually enjoyed it more than Stacking.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Played it last year. It is a lot of fun.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top