• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady Kestrelrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

are there rules for stories that suit Adventures?

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Jofog - 21 December 2017 03:59 PM

That story can be told in a lot of different ways and that is my whole point. It is the skill of the story teller that makes all the difference.

If you will ask many hardcore puzzle lovers here or traditional AG lovers that if puzzles are necessary to tell a story then they will ans in my tone and use similar logics

Can Grimfandango,Lucas/Sierra games all of them can be told in TTG way? Eliminate all puzzles with QTEs and would it be same story? So that story of writer will decide not the mechanics?

@rtooney

Dont know your beef with me, but it was response to Tommint comment which is not far off from main topic title are there rules for stories that suit Adventures?

My response was to rules that suit certain genres, maybe my comments dont suit your preference , different strokes bro

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

nomadsoul - 24 December 2017 05:31 PM

Can Grimfandango,Lucas/Sierra games all of them can be told in TTG way? Eliminate all puzzles with QTEs and would it be same story? So that story of writer will decide not the mechanics?

That is a VERY interesting Q my friend, while it IS certainly melt in the thread’s subject but it has its own large conflict or magic, if i may say so, i would suggest opening thread outta of it so i and we can actually hear players and posters opinion about it.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

nomadsoul - 24 December 2017 05:31 PM

@rtooney

Dont know your beef with me, but it was response to Tommint comment which is not far off from main topic title are there rules for stories that suit Adventures?

My response was to rules that suit certain genres, maybe my comments dont suit your preference , different strokes bro

Don’t know where this is coming from. I’ve made two posts in the thread, and neither were directed at you.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

The current CPT Y:Origins, and the Original Yesterday, reminded me of this thread so i dug in to resurrect.

What i said their (already) at the CPT thread about the first part being superior to the 2nd, was bc the 1st game itself is a self discovery game (of the protagonist) that reminded me so much of the 1st Matrix movie, with all the great intriguing and sometimes shocking moments of being Immortal/The-One references, whilst the 2nd part was only based on the climax and the open-end of the first by making some backstory that suites it as an explanation and nothing more to it, which was enough drive of a downhill resolution at the end.IMO.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top