• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Tex Murphy on Kickstarter

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

GreyFuss - 27 May 2012 09:28 AM

I am still curious as to why they chose to only run the campaign for 31 days instead of the 45 that the others seem to have run.

Jane did 45 days but she was the exception, so far all the other gaming Kickstarters seem to be doing ~30-35 days. (In her case, she picked that length mainly because of some magazine coverage that we knew would be hitting right around the end of the campaign. But it may have made the donations come in more slowly in general, since people didn’t feel as much of a sense of urgency. Kickstarter states that shorter campaigns are statistically more likely to meet their goal than longer ones.)

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

I bought Overseer and Under a Killing Moon in the GOG sale, now I own all of the Tex games Smile

Total Posts: 86

Joined 2003-09-21

PM

I assume you’re already well-versed in the awesomeness that is The Pandora Directive, that game is truly up there with the greats. Overseer was also pretty damn good, though the GOG version is known to crash towards the end—there’s an easy way around it, just check their forums if you encounter problems. I’ve had the boxed copy of Under a Killing Moon for well over a decade and acquired a GOG copy too, still haven’t completed it. That’s one of my secret shames as well as The Dig. (Not so secret now, I guess. Tongue)

Right or wrong, weak or strong.

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2007-02-13

PM

The article on the front page was great job.  I really want this project to be succesful.  Iam feeling kind of nervous about it not getting funded at its goal.  What does everyone think?  Do you think Tex will meet his goal?

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

300K reached. 150K to go. I think it will get there. It’s getting 8-10K almost every day. Compared to Jane’s kickstarter, this one has been going pretty steady around the amount that is needed. There should also be a spurt at the end.

I got to say that the GOG promo was a very clever idea. Not only does it allow those on the fence to try out the old games for next to nothing, but it also spreads the word to GOG’s entire fanabse. Lets hope it brings in a lot of new backers.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Texas - 29 May 2012 12:58 PM

The article on the front page was great job.  I really want this project to be succesful.  Iam feeling kind of nervous about it not getting funded at its goal.  What does everyone think?  Do you think Tex will meet his goal?

Right now, I’d put the odds of success at about 98%. Pessimistic projections put this at around 90% funding at worst, and the fact is, no project of any real size as ever failed at over 90%. When push comes to shove if it’s a little shy, people will put it over at the end.

So far they’ve met every milestone for success and beat them. They hit 50% in a week, 66% in two weeks. That’s right where they want to be. It’ll get funded.

The question is when and how much. A lot of people wait for the last minute but it really does help to donate early, since successful campaigns breed confidence and excitement.

Total Posts: 118

Joined 2011-08-01

PM

Everyone, please join the Tex Murphy Project Fedora Steam group and invite all of your Steam friends. That will be the fastest and easiest way to spread the word about Tex Murphy Project Fedora. To do that, just join the group and click invite friends, then all, then invite.

We can spread the word about the 50% off GOG deal too! :-)

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tex_murphy_project_fedora

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-05-29

PM

I just noticed the sale yesterday and bought UAKM. Never played a Tex game before but the small bit I played to test it out was pretty damn awesome. Love how you can walk around in 3D. One of the most unique UI on the genre. Before I play it for reals, I have to beat the Gabriel Knight saga. Barely on Day 3 of GK1.

I will buy all the Tex game before the sale ends for sure!

I do hope the kickstarter pulls through, I really liked to see what a high tech Tex game will look and play like today!

Joined 2003-09-21

PM

I definitely agree, the interface was way ahead of its time. There’s a more refined version of the same concept in Gabriel Knight 3. It seems like traditional adventures were just beginning to see the full potential of 3D when it fell out of favor. Enjoy the games, both on the Gabriel Knight and Tex Murphy fronts! Grin

Total Posts: 53

Joined 2010-04-17

PM

wow new tiers & new episodes of radio theatre.

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

D.C. - 29 May 2012 04:33 AM

I assume you’re already well-versed in the awesomeness that is The Pandora Directive, that game is truly up there with the greats.

Sadly I’m not. I bought The Pandora Directive on sale two years ago on GOG and haven’t played it yet, as is the case with most of my spontaneous GOG/Steam purchases. Too many games! But I certainly plan on playing all of the Tex games now, in order of release, before Project Fedora hits.

Speaking of the 3D environments and movement, that certainly surprised me when I tested out The Pandora Directive. Pushing forward on the mouse to move forward wasn’t exactly intuitive—in fact, it felt downright weird after so many years of playing first-person games with WASD + mouse, but I’ll get past it. Everything else seemed perfect, or at least exactly how I’d imagined it would be.

Joined 2003-09-21

PM

Yeah, man, it’s slightly jarring every single time I play the damn thing—have to adjust all over again. Tongue You’ll pick it up surprisingly fast, though. I suggest you turn mouse sensitivity down. I don’t like the disconnect between the interact and explore modes too, I set it so the interface stays on screen even when I’m moving around. Hopefully Project Fedora’s a little more intuitive. Grin Enjoy the games!

Total Posts: 120

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I’m currently playing through the Pandora Directive again, as it’s just pure class.

Just pledged to this, I hope it gets the funding needed. We need more tex!

I’m on a whole new adventure.
Growing a mustache?
No. Bigger than that.
A beard?!?

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2009-03-26

PM

I never even knew about this until someone PM’d me on the Lemon Amiga forum as they saw a thread of mine a while back saying how much I loved the games.

I have posted links to the kickstarter on both Lemon Amiga and Lemon 64 forums, I am sure there are many other Tex fans out there who will see them who are C64 and Amiga retro gaming fans.

I will be pledging, would love to afford the big pledge and get a walk on part - maybe my lotto numbers will come in this weekend!

I take it this game would not get a physical release? Download only? Would love to see Tex on the Xbox, not enough adventure games on there, can only think of Grey Matter on there which I loved - I wish they made a 2nd to that!

EDIT - just donated $100.  So I get all the stuff on that tier plus th eprevious ones? Sounds like a deal to me.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top