• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarbchrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Games you would like to see remastered

Total Posts: 31

Joined 2018-01-22

PM

SpeedBo - 25 January 2018 11:05 AM

I played the gog version of Anachronox a few years ago, so maybe they’ve fixed it by now. But I ran into a major game bug, and I ended up having to replay a pretty good sized chunk of the game to get past it.

That kind of thing could really use a fix/remaster/remake.

A patch. Well that must’ve sucked. I haven’t had one of those since the last unofficial patch from early 2000s. Out of curiosity, what was it?

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

Bogie 2.0 - 25 January 2018 11:18 AM

A patch? Well that must’ve sucked. I haven’t had one of those since the last unofficial patch from early 2000s. Out of curiosity, what was it?

It was the Hive maze thing. Once I had gotten to the end it would crash. It didn’t matter what I did. My closest saved game didn’t work, so I had to use one from somewhere back on the planet. I don’t know why but it worked fine after that.

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Total Posts: 31

Joined 2018-01-22

PM

SpeedBo - 25 January 2018 11:26 AM

It was the Hive maze thing. Once I had gotten to the end it would crash. It didn’t matter what I did. My closest saved game didn’t work, so I had to use one from somewhere back on the planet. I don’t know why but it worked fine after that.

The worst kind of bug then and a really hard one to achieve at that, I mean, all the patches… Care to whisper in my ear a few lottery numbers?  Money Mouth

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

Bogie 2.0 - 25 January 2018 11:52 AM
SpeedBo - 25 January 2018 11:26 AM

The worst kind of bug then and a really hard one to achieve at that, I mean, all the patches… Care to whisper in my ear a few lottery numbers?  Money Mouth

Heh.. People say I’m lucky like that.

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Bogie 2.0 - 22 January 2018 02:55 PM

Most of those PS2\GC era games work spectacularly with emulators, so isn’t it kind of redundant?

You definitely can play them with emulators, but I want them on my big HDTV with reworked HD backgrounds at 1080p. Some of the PS2 era games (especially the PS2 versions) look really bad today. Also, the camera and frame rate in some of these games were awful.

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2018-02-23

PM

It’ll never happen due to Westwood no longer having the source code, but a Blade Runner remaster would be at the very top of my list. I went back to play it last year and still holds up really well despite showing its age.

Other option would have to be Clock Tower 2, the naming convention is a little weird after The First Fear but I’m referring to it’s sequel on the Playstation, not the terrible The Struggle Within.

“We hold our rifles in missing hands, we stand tall on missing legs - we stride forward on the bones of our fallen”

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

WarpedPixels - 23 February 2018 05:18 PM

It’ll never happen due to Westwood no longer having the source code, but a Blade Runner remaster would be at the very top of my list. I went back to play it last year and still holds up really well despite showing its age.

Other option would have to be Clock Tower 2, the naming convention is a little weird after The First Fear but I’m referring to it’s sequel on the Playstation, not the terrible The Struggle Within.

Agree on both
BR only needs to redo characters, Pre rendered backgrounds needs a res up, still holds up

Glad to have another Clocktower fan Thumbs Up

Joined 2018-02-23

PM

nomadsoul - 23 February 2018 05:56 PM
WarpedPixels - 23 February 2018 05:18 PM

Agree on both
BR only needs to redo characters, Pre rendered backgrounds needs a res up, still holds up

Glad to have another Clocktower fan Thumbs Up

Honestly, at this point I’d settle for a GOG release. It doesn’t hurt to dream though.

I’ve been a huge CT fan for years, even read the adventure novels for Clock Tower 2. Not entirely sure if both parts were ever translated but they’re out there. If you haven’t already, check out Remothered: Tormented Fathers, scratches that same itch nicely. Smile

“We hold our rifles in missing hands, we stand tall on missing legs - we stride forward on the bones of our fallen”

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

WarpedPixels - 23 February 2018 06:00 PM

I’ve been a huge CT fan for years, even read the adventure novels for Clock Tower 2. Not entirely sure if both parts were[removed]nullo(); ever translated but they’re out there. If you haven’t already

Didnt know about novels, though i finished Strugglewithin
I take it you have played Haunting ground?

check out Remothered: Tormented Fathers, scratches that same itch nicely. Smile

Will do, original CT Developer made Nightcry, it was nice but far too unpolished

Joined 2018-02-23

PM

nomadsoul - 23 February 2018 06:12 PM
WarpedPixels - 23 February 2018 06:00 PM

I’ve been a huge CT fan for years, even read the adventure novels for Clock Tower 2. Not entirely sure if both parts were[removed]nullo(); ever translated but they’re out there. If you haven’t already

Didnt know about novels, though i finished Strugglewithin
I take it you have played Haunting ground?

check out Remothered: Tormented Fathers, scratches that same itch nicely. Smile

Will do, original CT Developer made Nightcry, it was nice but far too unpolished

I enjoyed Haunting Ground, it had some really great moments. Never finished it though. I’ll dig out the adventure novels and PM them you, they’re quite interesting, and deviate hugely from the game.

Nightcry was a real shame. I had so much hope for it, even backed it on Kickstarter. But it was just such a nightmare to play. I remember just giving up on it. Frown

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2017-04-06

PM

Contra, the original Silent Hill, Disney games from the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive II and Tiny Toon from Sega Genesis/Mega Drive II.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Could use Parasite Eve 1&2 Remakes like REmake
and Timeplitters 2 remaster, music and gameplay still holds up

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Damn it, got Jak3 remaster and its atrocious
Bad framerate, textures and controls didnt age well either
Some tearing too
Wtf, wasted 6$, glad it was on sale and only got one game not others
Beware, its a bad emulated version

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 21 March 2018 03:59 AM

Damn it, got Jak3 remaster and its atrocious
Bad framerate, textures and controls didnt age well either
Some tearing too
Wtf, wasted 6$, glad it was on sale and only got one game not others
Beware, its a bad emulated version

Same with Psychonauts, the PS2 port was attrocious and they did nothing to fix that whereas the PC version runs and looks incredible. There is a Jak and Daxter HD trilogy on PS3 that is supposed to be better I believe.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jak_and_Daxter_Collection
I don’t know why they didn’t go with something like that. Those games deserve better.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude - 19 January 2018 12:46 PM

I just remembered No One Lives Forever and its sequel. Loved the humor and the James Bond vibe in them

We need NOLF fix, i was craving for some old school FPS games, and made my top 10 list of all time

Nolf was definitely among them, Nightdive was making remaster but then found out rights are in clusterfuck situation , WB,Activision, Fox etc
Now NDive messed up Systemshock remaster, atleast they are not gonna get the rights

One of the series that could have continued well…and Monolith now fixated on making money on Mordor, i dont think we will ever get it

FEAR had among best gunplay, bullettime , physics and above all AI, makes current FPS a joke ...sequels got consolefied and series lost its charm Meh

I think Monolith were meh in art design of environments, both FEAR and NOLF were bland for the most part, however everything else was great, i wish to have their remakes

But without old talent, i wonder if anyone can upgrade with same class as Bluepoint

I mean i dont think even old Rare is there to make PerfectDark like old times, PD Zero was shit

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top