• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Dishonored

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Hammerite - 13 October 2012 02:22 PM

I want a mod where the guards call me a taffer.

There is note i got something called Gaffer

Also did you notice similarities between Outsiders = Pagans
And Hammerites = Nobles/Gentry
Regents lords = Master Builders

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Been playing it a bit over the weekend.

I’ve just gotten my blink power and set out on my first real mission.

It’s fun trying to get around the world without being spotted. Challenging as well.

I was sure I had ghosted the prison break level, but at the end it said 1 body was discovered. Bastards.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 165

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

I was so close to ghosting that one, too! Stupid pressing the knock-out button too early and getting spotted!

Just got to the pub now, looking forward to starting the first proper mission.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Amazing game and atmosphere, on normal spotted so many times ,
Dunwall Distillery level (Opitional) was just amazing, died 6 times and each time
took different strategy, so many ways to handle. The world truly is your playground.

-Falling and timing the stealth kill from above is hit and miss.

-Rat power is real fun though consume too much mana.

Few things

Make sure to invest in Powers wisely , i read you cannot maximize all in one playthrough
For pure experience avoid seethrough power and health regeneration, its for noobs like
DXHR had it as seperate augmentation.

Switch off markers in options menu specially mission ones, they spoil the fun for
exploring , again handicap for noobs.

The journal reading and storytelling is highly nostalgic, though no wonder many didn’t like the approach in reviews. Not for everyone.

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

Been playing through the first proper mission.
Wow!

I never really liked the idea of Blink in the gameplay videos, but it’s such a cool power.

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

I’m halfway through the second ‘proper’ mission… I’m taking my time with it on purpose - exploring every pathway, collecting everything I can find etc. I’m really enjoying the game! Grin So far, I haven’t killed anyone, but bodies have been discovered during the sewers and first mission. Meh

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

DustyShinigami - 15 October 2012 07:23 AM

I’m halfway through the second ‘proper’ mission… I’m taking my time with it on purpose - exploring every pathway, collecting everything I can find etc. I’m really enjoying the game! Grin So far, I haven’t killed anyone, but bodies have been discovered during the sewers and first mission. Meh

Same with trying to take time.
Been three days and I’ve not completed the first assassination yet.

I love games with this level of depth, really brings the ‘Deus Ex’ / ‘Thief’ memories in a way I didn’t expect. Given up on trying to be non-lethal, though I’m generally going for the stealth route—it’s more fun!

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Hammerite - 15 October 2012 12:04 PM

I love games with this level of depth, really brings the ‘Deus Ex’ / ‘Thief’ memories in a way I didn’t expect. Given up on trying to be non-lethal, though I’m generally going for the stealth route—it’s more fun!

Same here, infact i use blink when necessary or to go from rooftop to rooftop since some rooftops have no ground area or ledge to climb and clocked in more than 6hrs real world time and finished second assassination mission.

So short length fuss was bogus.

Chaos level going high since i am stealth killing guards for first playthrough.

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

nomadsoul - 15 October 2012 03:17 PM
Hammerite - 15 October 2012 12:04 PM

So short length fuss was bogus.

Definitely true. I’ve spent so, so long just exploring the High Overseer Campbell mission. The fact that I hear that the ‘levels’ progressively become less linear also excites me.

I’m glad I played the first Deus Ex again earlier this year, as it’s really got me in the right mood for this.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

On last level, more than 14hrs spent, my second best game this gen after
Demon/Darksouls, so well crafted and gameplay makes all the other games like
interactive movies.

This is beyond GOTY for me.

Total Posts: 92

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’m having tons of fun with this game but all of it is on a strictly superficial level. I don’t think the story works—at all—and it’s because it seems to flip flop between first and third person storytelling. The game wants you to inhabit Corvo, he doesn’t talk and all of his behaviour is dictated by you, yet he also exists as his own character with his own emotions and motivations. The game throws you into this world and introduces you to all of these characters which are supposed to mean something to Corvo but which you have absolutely no emotional attachment to. When Emily is kidnapped, you’re supposed to care but you can’t because you’ve only seen her for 30 seconds and you have absolutely no investment in her. You have no investment in anything yet the game plays out as if you do, it mistakenly assumes you share Corvo’s thoughts and opinions despite the fact he’s clearly supposed to be a blank cypher for you to implant your own behaviour and personality into. I genuinely think they made a technical mistake in the narrative that robs the game and its world of having any significant meaning to the player.

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

^
I agree with that. And the story certainly isn’t anything to shout out about. Meh

Even though I’ve been at it a week, and I’ve been taking my time, I do feel the game is too short. It just doesn’t feel like there are enough missions at all. Confused I’ve just made a start on the last one… Embarassed

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SamandMax - 20 October 2012 01:18 AM

I’m having tons of fun with this game but all of it is on a strictly superficial level. I don’t think the story works—at all—and it’s because it seems to flip flop between first and third person storytelling. The game wants you to inhabit Corvo, he doesn’t talk and all of his behaviour is dictated by you, yet he also exists as his own character with his own emotions and motivations. The game throws you into this world and introduces you to all of these characters which are supposed to mean something to Corvo but which you have absolutely no emotional attachment to. When Emily is kidnapped, you’re supposed to care but you can’t because you’ve only seen her for 30 seconds and you have absolutely no investment in her. You have no investment in anything yet the game plays out as if you do, it mistakenly assumes you share Corvo’s thoughts and opinions despite the fact he’s clearly supposed to be a blank cypher for you to implant your own behaviour and personality into. I genuinely think they made a technical mistake in the narrative that robs the game and its world of having any significant meaning to the player.

The world works , through journals , intermission conversations , the chatter of guards and above all the levels and Dunwall itself.
Its direction similar to Thief and i don’t mind it personally, but yeah i know the
price this approach could pay in modern times, where people want things explicit than implicit, still some reviewers found it perfect balance of “show , don’t show” and vice versa.

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Niiiice… Just when I thought I’d finished, it turns out there’s a bit more to do! I love it when that happens in games I don’t want to end. Heart Eyes

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Great news

http://www.bethblog.com/2012/10/25/more-dishonored-content-on-the-way/

3 add-ons

2 are story based , one mentioned , heavy spoilers if you haven’t finished
Flooded districts.

Laughing

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top