• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretinJdawg445Lady KestrelTimovieManwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What game have you just finished?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

nomadsoul - 02 September 2017 10:20 PM

Last day of June

Its made by Shadowofthedamned and Murasaki baby guy and his team
Wasn’t expecting something so different

8/10

so your motive to play it was to play another shoot-em-up game like SoTD, or your were excited to see what the hell those guys are doing at the AG genre?

i am gald anyways that there are ppl like you Nomad, who are willing to play those titles which’s i can tell most what i call ‘Only-Adventurers’ like me would not get near them, so we could really get a nice feedback about them from you, and know how much adventuring there at these adventures.

also this reminds of what i was reading today of Ingmar’s interview with the BM guy and he said sumthing that nailed what is going on with the scene of the adventure gaming nowadays (however sad it is, but yet true)

For some players, this might feel very complex as we are aware that some of them like to be guided*** through a game all the way through.

he was talking about the kinda chain of puzzles that demand player/adventurers to get back and forth between location to solve them, and what really gotten my attention was the players he referred to by say saying ‘some of them’ i guess he was trying to be a bit positive but the truth i guess i he meant ‘most of them’.

new generation of adventure gamers will rule and we will diminish sooner or later, and classic adventures will be the niche that is niched.

from the interview i almost positively gotten the feeling of how this new black mirror will be; it will be (for the game playing perspective which is everything for me) a typical another Daedalic’s Silence .
say goodbye to the great adventuring IP of black mirror, i whished they had made something new/original instead wanting to remake it, get by the hassle of reamkes low sales and call it reboot, can you believe he said the family at the Scottish Black Mirror are Gordons but are not connected to the Gordons of the original BM, i really dont know what the heck with developers can’t come up with new ideas, it’s either ttg getting famous IPs or indies devs who are still Making Sierras classic adventures as if its the 90s or even the 80s, and this whom are trying to mix both in pathetic way! uh.
“i will shut up, thats enough posting for today, i will go try to get some sleep.”

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Advie - 02 September 2017 11:47 PM

so your motive to play it was to play another shoot-em-up game like SoTD, or your were excited to see what the hell those guys are doing at the AG genre?

Later
Since it wasnt their forte
And i am surprised they pulled such a thing off

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

nomadsoul - 02 September 2017 10:20 PM

Last day of June

Its made by Shadowofthedamned and Murasaki baby guy and his team
Wasn’t expecting something so different
Its less pretentious than Virginia (there are no dialogues in this game too) but there is more control and simple puzzles, but its half 3rd person walking sim
You need to solve routine tasks somewhat similar to FSR, since Dev has worked with Suda in Sotdamned i dont know if FSR groundhog loop was inspired

In any case , visuals are striking and art is really good, presentation sucks you in
Its another major step in narrative storytelling, something unique , told creatively from aural/visual standpoint and emotional hook

Somewhat reminded me of Tothemoon too

There are some issues with artstyle like Saturation and too much Bloom, still a must play at discounted price for lovers of artistic narrative games

8/10

Why compare it with Virginia? It looks completely different. Were the same people involved, or some of them?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Oscar - 08 September 2017 12:23 AM

Why compare it with Virginia?

Since you have issue with my comments as always, you can read this review instead

https://gamesoulz.com/last-day-of-june-review

Last Day of June also presents itself in a very similar way to Virginia. Lacking any kind of voice acting or dialogue, relying solely on movements and little grunt noises to convey its messages. Topped by a unique art style, which has a lot in common with water-colour or acryl paintings. The fact the colour palette changes along the atmosphere of the different events, underlined by an amazing soundtrack, are able to let us feel with Carl and Last Day of June in a very sensible way. Overall, if you enjoyed Virginia´s presentation, then you will enjoy Last Day of June´s.

And yes you can find same reasons mentioned by other reviewer(s)

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

nomadsoul - 08 September 2017 02:24 AM

Since you have issue with my comments as always, you can read this review instead

https://gamesoulz.com/last-day-of-june-review

Last Day of June also presents itself in a very similar way to Virginia. Lacking any kind of voice acting or dialogue, relying solely on movements and little grunt noises to convey its messages. Topped by a unique art style, which has a lot in common with water-colour or acryl paintings. The fact the colour palette changes along the atmosphere of the different events, underlined by an amazing soundtrack, are able to let us feel with Carl and Last Day of June in a very sensible way. Overall, if you enjoyed Virginia´s presentation, then you will enjoy Last Day of June´s.

And yes you can find same reasons mentioned by other reviewer(s)

So… it’s similar to Virginia because no voice acting? It’s completely different.

Still, I agree with you it’s a very good game.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Oscar - 09 September 2017 09:50 AM

So… it’s similar to Virginia because no voice acting? It’s completely different

Its similar to Virginia in that aspect which is a huge aspect considering the narrative dependence

Still, I agree with you it’s a very good game

Honored , thanks alot

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Sinking Island!  Smile

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

As I was completely in the mood & had some time I’ve had a bit of a gaming marathon this last week & they all turned out to be very worthy games!  Thumbs Up
As well as completing Silent Footsteps, Little Kite + the game’s freeware predecessor The Kite I also got stuck into another freeware game Guardians of Gold featured in the latest AG Following Freeware: July 2017 in which I was pleased to see it deservedly as one of ‘Willem’s Winners’.

It’s a sequel to developer Anne Hemenway’s Echoes of the Past which again features the engaging non-couple Allyson & Kyle, partners in an antique business, who after discovering a letter hidden in an old desk they’re (well actually Allyson is) restoring are led on another treasure hunt.

It’s a delightful 3rd person point & click game with very appealing graphics, a variety of interesting puzzles & it’s absolutely free! The only downer for me is that although some games work very well without voice-acting & although this one gets by too it does scream out for it as having the repartee between Allyson & Kyle voiced (extremely well) would be the bees knees! 
Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2007-02-25

PM

The other day I finished episode one of Life is Strange: Before the Storm. It’s off to a pretty good start. Playing as Chloe is fun with her backtalk lol.

Currently Playing: Chicory: A Colorful Tale

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2017-08-07

PM

I just completed the first set of Life is Strange chapters. They were cool, standing in a balance between adventure game and interactive movie. I could have used a skip button for the dialogues (not to skip them totally but because I read “hella” fast and can’t wait for the action!). I liked the way the story developed, the relationship between the characters, the time travelling and its short run consequences, among other things. It’s a game with good playability but it’s not recommended for hardcore puzzle solvers with no patience for teenager anxiety and drama. The choice system gives an extra taste of reality to the whole experience. I’m very curious about the second installment but I’m willing to wait for the whole thing once it’s available.

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2017-08-07

PM

I finished Her Story, and honestly I don’t know what I actually finished.

Total Posts: 141

Joined 2015-05-24

PM

hodepine - 21 September 2017 03:48 AM

I finished Her Story, and honestly I don’t know what I actually finished.

Oh, I loved that one.  Laughing

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

I loved it too, though it’s hard to know when you’re actually finished. Grin

I completed Firewatch recently, all in one sitting (so they were doing something right).  I really enjoyed it, for the most part, though there were a couple of points of getting stuck wandering around given there are no real puzzles.  It really puts the walking in walking simulator!

I felt like it petered out at the end and maybe I missed the point if anyone wants to suggest their interpretation/what I may have missed in spoiler tags.

It was a fun and sometimes intense ride while it was happening though, so I’d recommend it to anyone who likes story-driven and virtually puzzle-free games.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I just finished Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies—such a great game couldn’t stop playing it.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2017-09-25

PM

dumbeur - 21 September 2017 12:11 PM

I loved it too, though it’s hard to know when you’re actually finished. Grin

I completed Firewatch recently, all in one sitting (so they were doing something right).  I really enjoyed it, for the most part, though there were a couple of points of getting stuck wandering around given there are no real puzzles.  It really puts the walking in walking simulator!

I felt like it petered out at the end and maybe I missed the point if anyone wants to suggest their interpretation/what I may have missed in spoiler tags.

It was a fun and sometimes intense ride while it was happening though, so I’d recommend it to anyone who likes story-driven and virtually puzzle-free games.

Finished this not too long ago myself. Thought it was a bit of a weird one. It hit all the right beats, but I was a little disappointed at the ending too. It just sort of fizzled out to a pretty sad but simple story when it seemed to be building up to something far bigger. Still, a fun game, but I’m not sure it derseves the praise it seems to get.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top