• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrelwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Tex Murphy on Kickstarter

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2003-11-19

PM

Welcome! I’ll see if someone has more UAKM pics they can send you as well.

orient, I would play Under A Killing Moon first, then Pandora, then Overseer.  Flows much better and you will enjoy the characters and references more.  I’m almost done with a playthrough of Pandora myself.

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2003-11-19

PM

Live playthrough of the end of Under A Killing Moon about to start:

http://www.twitch.tv/sbenrap

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2008-09-02

PM

@ Jackal

Sent 27 screenshots of my Adventure-Treff review for Under a Killing Moon to your mail adress! Smile

Now playing: GreedFall, Control
Recently finished: Telling Lies, The Sinking City

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

I sent about 50 screens earlier as well.

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Great, thanks guys.  Our current gallery format only allows for 30 images, so now I have too many to choose from!  (Very vice problem to have, of course.)  I’ll have to see if I can’t get that number bumped up.  Grin

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2004-02-18

PM

Because of yesterday’s poor results we now need over 9k a day in average to reach the goal. Considering the trend so far and experience with other Kickstarters, that is not likely. The question is how much the final push can fix.

One thing I haven’t seen anyone take into account yet is E3. I don’t think we can expect much publicity from mainstream sites when the E3-circus starts (which is always a fair few days before the convention itself).

Jane managed to pull a rabbit out of the hat with the promise of a second game, and that pretty much changed everything for her. I wonder what Big Finish can conjure up before the end of this Kickstarter.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Kolorabi - 27 May 2012 04:09 AM

Because of yesterday’s poor results we now need over 9k a day in average to reach the goal. Considering the trend so far and experience with other Kickstarters, that is not likely. The question is how much the final push can fix.

It’s still almost 20 days, not 19. Not counting today’s few pledges, we need 8637 a day to be precise. And after the first two days we always needed 9000+, so it has actually gone down a little.

Having said that, I am worried too. The nostalgia factor may not be quite as influential as adventure fans think it is. Most people who loved Tex (SQ, GK) in the nineties don’t play games anymore. They have “moved on” or something. Shifty Eyed The Pinkerton and DF forums are frequented by young male fans.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2004-01-25

PM

Wow, I didn’t even think of E3. Once that hits, there’s basically no chance whatsoever of Tex getting coverage; and if he does it’s not going to get any attention between all the hype that comes out of that.

I’m afraid. Frown

Total Posts: 299

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

The slow down in donations the last couple days may be due to the major 3 day holiday weekend we are having here in the States. I don’t think Jane or the others have had a major holiday during their campaigns so there isn’t anything to compare it with. I am still curious as to why they chose to only run the campaign for 31 days instead of the 45 that the others seem to have run.

Don’t Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful…There Are Many Other Reasons

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I read in the comments thread that yesterday’s bad total was due to a $5,000 backer pulling out. If that’s the case, then yesterday was actually a fine day. And today’s off to a good start. I wouldn’t get worried about Tex yet. They probably won’t shatter their original goal, but they should reach it and a little extra.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I will most likely be able to pull out a bit more if it looks bad towards the end. But I wont raise my pledge yet because I don’t want to end up lowering it.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

Tex has been getting more or less what is needed everyday, which is about 8-9K a day. I think it will pull through.

And unfortunately it looks fairly certain that the two guys from andromeda kickstarter will not make it, so the people who have pledged in both might be able to increase their pledge here once that is over.

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

I really don’t think there’s cause for concern. I think the campaign’s going really smoothly, with good video updates so far and a great interview from here at Adventure Gamers. Obviously more is needed but I’m sure the Big Finish guys are in control of everything.

I’ve tried to download the Two Guys prototype (the second one) several times to my Chrome browser but it just won’t work.

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

I REALLY, TRULY hope I’m 100% wrong, but I can’t help but think it isn’t going to make it. Embarassed

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

All the Tex Murphy games are 50% off at GOG as a promotion to the kickstarter. So for all those who have been wanting to see what Tex is all about, this is the chance to get the originals.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top