• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckychrissieDale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

INFRA

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Anyone here playing INFRA? Began life as a Half-Life 2 mod and uses Valve’s Source engine. It’s on sale on STEAM and I bought it without having very high expectations. Figured it was an ordinary walking simulator but I found so much more, both in terms of obstacles to get through and narrative. But most of all fantastic environments to explore. Some parts are definitely low budget and the game has it’s flaws, but ten hours into it I’m loving it!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/251110/

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Persona5, kof14 and now this proves that graphical tech piece aint necessary.
Just the trailer and other vid on youtube convinced me to buy it.
Interesting different story and beautiful locations, source engine still holding up.
Atmosphere and ambient music/sound are top stuff.
VA is a miss, but thats not gonna spoil the experience.

Also it’s not just walking sim, there are puzzles.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Buried treasure in sea of similar indies.

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Yeah, it has most elements of first person exploration type adventure games in there. A treat for a Myst style game lover like myself. Agree that the voice acting is a bit off. The voice of the person you play and the way he pronounces things are just weird, even for a non-native english speaker like me.Smile

There are indeed puzzles, but the puzzle design is another aspect that’s a tad shaky. You do a lot of stuff without knowing why given the basic premise of the game. And pretty often you just get machines going and solve other puzzles without really knowing what you will achieve by doing so. but on the other hand I guess that reflects how things would be in real life in a situation like this, so…

Regardless of some minor flaws, I haven’t been this absorbed by a game for a long time!

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Veovis - 01 August 2016 08:28 AM

Yeah, it has most elements of first person exploration type adventure games in there. A treat for a Myst style game lover like myself. Agree that the voice acting is a bit off. The voice of the person you play and the way he pronounces things are just weird, even for a non-native english speaker like me.Smile

There are indeed puzzles, but the puzzle design is another aspect that’s a tad shaky. You do a lot of stuff without knowing why given the basic premise of the game. And pretty often you just get machines going and solve other puzzles without really knowing what you will achieve by doing so. but on the other hand I guess that reflects how things would be in real life in a situation like this, so…

Regardless of some minor flaws, I haven’t been this absorbed by a game for a long time!

Thats good to hear, those forest scenes remind me of Alanwake , thick atmosphere.
I hope ending is good, the premise is great.

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Seems INFRA is an episodic game and it was revealed today that it will be released in three parts instead of the originally planned two. Both upcoming episodes will be free for those who have purchased part 1.

The game is well worth playing even in it’s current, unfinished state. I spent over 20 hours exploring gorgeous and exciting environments, trying to understand what had taken place in and around the city of Stalsburg. Great game, even though this first part ends with a cliffhanger and the story itself is a bit vague so far.

On the downside there are a few timed sequences, most of which are pretty easy to get through. Unfortunately the timed ending sequence was extremely frustrating and I ended up using a walkthrough for that (managed without for the rest of the game). Bad design choice!!

Some things you do in the game also only seems to be relevant to these silly achievements that seem to be so popular these days. It’s very unclear what stuff is actually relevant for the game itself. Another design choice I just can’t understand.

Anyway, highly recommended if you enjoy first person exploration games with a mystery to unravel. Can’t wait for the rest!

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Veovis - 03 August 2016 06:34 PM

Seems INFRA is an episodic game and it was revealed today that it will be released in three parts instead of the originally planned two. Both upcoming episodes will be free for those who have purchased part 1.

The game is well worth playing even in it’s current, unfinished state. I spent over 20 hours exploring gorgeous and exciting environments, trying to understand what had taken place in and around the city of Stalsburg. Great game, even though this first part ends with a cliffhanger and the story itself is a bit vague so far.

On the downside there are a few timed sequences, most of which are pretty easy to get through. Unfortunately the timed ending sequence was extremely frustrating and I ended up using a walkthrough for that (managed without for the rest of the game). Bad design choice!!

Some things you do in the game also only seems to be relevant to these silly achievements that seem to be so popular these days. It’s very unclear what stuff is actually relevant for the game itself. Another design choice I just can’t understand.

Anyway, highly recommended if you enjoy first person exploration games with a mystery to unravel. Can’t wait for the rest!

Part 2 trailer out, lots of AndrewRyan and Bioshock vibes.
Which is a good thing.

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2006-10-02

PM

Getting this, the source/half life look, which I like very much, also seems congenial to the concept of the game.
Judging from screenshots, this thread etc.

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

smulan - 08 August 2016 05:36 AM

Getting this, the source/half life look, which I like very much, also seems congenial to the concept of the game.

Yeah, the feel of Stalsburg and its surroundings reminded me quite a bit of City 17 in HL2. I particularly love the feeling of nature in the process of reclaiming abandoned industrial areas. Combined with certain typically scandinavian rural areas. The people behind the game are Finnish.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Veovis - 08 August 2016 05:53 AM
smulan - 08 August 2016 05:36 AM

Yeah, the feel of Stalsburg and its surroundings reminded me quite a bit of City 17 in HL2. I particularly love the feeling of nature in the process of reclaiming abandoned industrial areas. Combined with certain typically scandinavian rural areas. The people behind the game are Finnish.

Scandinavians can do no wrong these days except quantum break

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2006-10-02

PM

Yes, been playing INFRA a couple of days and gotten absorbed by it. So much fun exploring in fascinating environments and just the right amount of puzzleing. Half Life 2 without the shooting could serve as a brief summary of the game.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I tried INFRA just now, but I have a problem with the controls. How do I open doors? Nothing works, mouse, keyboard, nothing. The settings don’t show any key for manipulating things.

EDIT: Can’t get out of the settings screen either. Ctrl-Alt-Del. No “back” or anything. Escape does nothing. Sheesh. Lovely game.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Karlok - 08 September 2016 03:09 PM

I tried INFRA just now, but I have a problem with the controls. How do I open doors? Nothing works, mouse, keyboard, nothing. The settings don’t show any key for manipulating things.

EDIT: Can’t get out of the settings screen either. Ctrl-Alt-Del. No “back” or anything. Escape does nothing. Sheesh. Lovely game.

I used a controller but think “e” is the preset “action” key on the keyboard. You can scroll down in the settings menu to find the “back” or “exit” button. I missed that too at first. Somewhat bad design, agreed.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Thanks, Veovis. Unfortunately I’m one hundred percent sure I tried every single key on the keyboard twice. So I’m going to install INFRA on my other computer and see if the E key does its job.

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Karlok - 08 September 2016 04:56 PM

Thanks, Veovis. Unfortunately I’m one hundred percent sure I tried every single key on the keyboard twice. So I’m going to install INFRA on my other computer and see if the E key does its job.

Hi Karlok! The E key is the action key. You need to interact with the card reader beside the door and then interact with the door. I got stuck with the same problem at first. Hope this helps Smile

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Yep, it does work now! Started a new game on my win10 computer and the E key was even shown on my screen, I must have missed that the first time. Like I said, I tried every single key. Maybe I didn’t stand close enough to the card reader…? Anyway it works. Smile

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Now complete edition is out,anyone finished already?

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top