• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Becky

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Older games and their packaging

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2016-06-11

PM

So I have a few big boxes of games, mostly all in their original boxes (roughly 5” x 7” x 1”). But those boxes within boxes are taking a lot of room, and since I’ve recently moved from a house to an apartment, I have to downsize.

Would I be creating an Adventure Gamer sin by discarding all of the old boxes and packaging?

I’m thinking of putting the discs and jewel-case slip covers into an wallet / album and tossing the old containers.

Eh?

Edit: Sorry, they’re not all ancient ‘vintage’, so I removed that term from the title and replaced it with ‘older’.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Unless you are thinking of selling the games you don’t need the boxes for anything. I say recycle them

Joined 2016-06-11

PM

I guess that’s one reason I’m asking. I’m not thinking of selling them now, but if I do down the road, is that going to reduce their value?

Chris

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Probably will reduce value, depending on the games you have I think

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

check ebay for games sold with and without boxes. If you have rare ones, you should keep the boxes.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2016-06-11

PM

Thanks to both of you.

I decided yesterday that I just don’t have the space, so have already recycled 1/2 of them. The only one that seemed it would be special was a 5 disc package for Dark Side of the Moon, I don’t remember that title being very well loved. I could be wrong.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Well, I loved it. Smile

I have the game on DVD, which makes a world of difference. The five CDs are much more common and not very popular because of all the disk swapping.

PS: Hey, shouldn’t that be 6 discs?

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2016-06-11

PM

Yeah, 6.

You mean it won’t load onto the hard drive? That would indeed be a ‘vintage’ experience.

Eh?

Edit: it should be noted that about 1/2 of the games I’m archiving into wallets are games I haven’t played yet. I went nuts when I saw PC Adventure games taking a dive several years back and bought a bunch, many of them older used copies.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

NotASpeckOfCereal - 11 June 2016 06:01 PM

Eh?

NotASpeckOfCereal - 12 June 2016 11:56 AM

Eh?

Breaking out the stereotypes here:

Are you Canadian by any chance, Triumph? Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2016-06-11

PM

TimovieMan - 13 June 2016 04:32 AM

Are you Canadian by any chance, Triumph? Tongue

In my dreams man, only in my dreams.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top