• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #38: Touché: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Thank you my dear musketeers! I’ll say more about the game later and overall opinion (it hasn’t changed much since I played it the last time - it’s still a solid, 3 and a half - 4 stars on a good day, in my book, mostly because of the lively atmosphere, original setting and most importantly - the open design and wacky puzzles, just the way I like it in a humorous 3rd person adventure). For those who haven’t finished it yet - I give you 8 more… nah, just kidding. You can start the next playthrough (voting, duh!) now, but don’t be shy to finish the game if you’ve fallen behind and talk about it in this thread.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

A question if I may, for those who completed the game - about how long was the playthrough?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

lewuz - 03 April 2016 08:07 AM

A question if I may, for those who completed the game - about how long was the playthrough?

I think it depends on if you use the walkthrough a lot. The game is pretty short if you know what you are doing but the puzzles can get hard and you might be stuck a while.
Probably something between 6-12h.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

It is very hard to say because theres a good deal of time spent travelling back and forth to locations.. and dialogues that repeat.. and thats all amplified if youre not using a walkthrough because you will keep exploring back and forth. Wilco’s estimate sounds good. Id say the game is “average” length.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

YES!!! I finally managed to finish the game today but it was so tedious & took hours!  I kept up with the playthrough to Le Havre & when I got back to it I was missing the cloth with sticky soup to repair the boat, the file & the horse linament I needed to get the file – if you examined the horse linament the blacksmith did tell you it cured ague etc so there was a clue there! 

The only trouble was that as there was such a large gap from getting to Le Havre & continuing I’d forgotten what I’d already done & on repeating stuff found that the location of Le Havre kept disappearing off the map –aaaagh!  Eventually after several attempts I conceded to to going back to a previous save to progress & had to refer to a walkthrough from then on to preserve my sanity!

I’m absolutely gutted that Henri was the one with the right birthmark & would have preferred the more predictable & boring ending!

I agree with all of the mentioned comments about ridiculous puzzles, the annoying repetition of dialogue & the thankless task of back-tracking when you’ve either forgotten or need to pick-up something but overall I found the game an absolute hoot to play!

Thank you mart for sending me the game & diego (+ Graham Lilley) for the download (which I didn’t really need as what mart sent me worked when I fiddled around with Scumm)

Thank you again diego for leading a very enjoyable playthrough & all those that helped – I’m now over the moon that I got to play this amusing game that I liked the screenshots of so much at last. 

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2019-03-29

PM

Hi all,

Is this thread still active?

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2020-11-03

PM

I hope it is sensible to post my question in this old (stale) thread.

I have recently finished this game. At some point I got stuck, and I really liked this thread, because it allowed a limited disclosure of (indirect) hints, which reminded me of UHS.

Does anybody still use UHS and do you think it would make sense to write a UHS file for Touché? Or alternatively, would it be appreciated if I write a post with indirect hints for the game on this forum? (In that case I would create a new thread.)

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

mihaak - 24 November 2020 01:20 PM

I hope it is sensible to post my question in this old (stale) thread.

I have recently finished this game. At some point I got stuck, and I really liked this thread, because it allowed a limited disclosure of (indirect) hints, which reminded me of UHS.

Does anybody still use UHS and do you think it would make sense to write a UHS file for Touché? Or alternatively, would it be appreciated if I write a post with indirect hints for the game on this forum? (In that case I would create a new thread.)

Hi!
Many players, including me, used to love the UHS hints. AdventureGamers has a walkthrough section (see top of page or the homepage) and I’m sure your Touché walkthrough would be very welcome. Not many people would see it if you’d post it here on the forums.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

^ I agree with Karlok.

While a UHS walkthrough would be nice (I prefer UHS to other walkthrough sites), I’m not sure to what extent that site is still updated and what you need to do to make a walkthrough that fits their compiler.

We have our own walkthrough section here, so if you write a walkthrough and send it to .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address), we’d be happy to feature it here (and you’ll get full credit for the walkthrough, of course). Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top