• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

KeybordzLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Participate in a study about playing video games! 

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2016-03-09

PM

Participate in a study about playing video games!

You are invited to participate in a study about people that play video games and the relationship in gaining certain skills when playing video games.

Participation in this research entails taking a survey answering questions about yourself and some information regarding video games. Additionally, you will be given some problems to solve. All survey respondent information will be anonymous. Your participation will take approximately 15 to 20 minutes, and possibly longer if you spend additional time on the problems. 
By taking part in this research study, you may help increase our understanding as to how video games might affect our daily life.
To participate, please visit this weblink:
< http://goo.gl/forms/zt4mJtEOkq >

If you have any questions, we can be reached at: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) or .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address).

Thank you!
Gretchen Reevy, California State University, East Bay
Stephanie Menjivar Quijano, Alumna, California State University, East Bay

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

The link is broken Pan

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Joined 2016-03-09

PM

Abnaxus - 09 March 2016 01:16 PM

The link is broken Pan

How about now?

Thanks for letting me know!

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I had a look but the survey doesn’t know what adventures are. Lots of categories, like Action, RPG, FPS, Sport, Music, Platform. The category Adventures has Tomb Raider, Mass Effect, Legend of Zelda as examples. Visual novels are a seperate genre though: Phoenix Wright, Ghost Trick, 9 hours 9 persons 9 doors. And there is the strange PC Games genre: Diablo, The Witcher, Team Fortress. I flipped through 4 pages of questions and none of them were relevant to adventures.

Frown

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Karlok - 09 March 2016 02:50 PM

I had a look but the survey doesn’t know what adventures are. The category Adventures has Tomb Raider, Mass Effect, Legend of Zelda as examples.
Frown

Sorry Starph I’d love to help by taking part in this survey but as Karlok has correctly pointed out you don’t know what adventures are - the games you have listed perhaps come under the umbrella but are hybrids & not adventures as we know it - you have a category missing & wrongly entitled one of them!  Smile

Total Posts: 449

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Karlok and chrissie are correct, Starph. I also looked at your survey, and it isn’t relevant to adventure games at all as far as how I define an AG. You might want to read the following article, which explains what an adventure game is as far as this community is concerned: What are adventure games?

Good luck!

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

Just one other thing, you might want to take Civilization out of the RTS games, as it is a turn based game.

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Joined 2016-03-09

PM

Hello everyone! - Karlok, chrissie, Mike, and speedBo!

Thanks so much for the wonderful feedback! I will most definitely that artcile/weblink, you had offered, Mike.  I’m sure some things are not that clear as to why I’m here. I hope you find my response a little helpful.

Because all of you are dedicated gamers, whether you are an avid adventurer or avid brawler, I’m looking to collect data form all kinds of gamers! Unfortunately,  my survey can be a little bit too long and it is more than 4 pagesApologies if you don’t see the connection yet, and it might be unclear, but this is where my role comes along, and that is, to interpret the results.—- I’ll be happy to go over later once all data has been collected or at least have some substance to work on, you can always email me about that!

I apologize again for being so broad, but, I have to do it in this manner since my response will be displayed as public, and if there are volunteers that are willing to partake on the survey, there’s a possibility that this message might lead them to answer on a certain way. I don’t really want to give the wrong impression to the adventure genre. But, because this is a research project, I have some restrictions or ways I must follow things through.

I will however, in the future, add all the feedback you have given me, and that will happen on the next step to my project. If you’re not compelled to take the survey, not a problem, I understand Smile-  I appreciate the honesty and your willingness to share how you feel about it.

Hope this helps! Thank you, guys!

Starph

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Filled in the survey.

As the others have stated here, the game genres are out of whack, and you’re lacking the very genre this forum is dedicated to.

All the questions in the survey seem to be geared towards MMORPG players, and MMORPG players alone. They’re not very representative for a wide range of gamers.

And I also fail to see what solving some simple anagrams and answering some risk assessment questions have to do with skills learnt from games, but that’s for you to worry about. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Starph - 09 March 2016 08:54 PM

Because all of you are dedicated gamers, whether you are an avid adventurer or avid brawler, I’m looking to collect data form all kinds of gamers!.......

...... If you’re not compelled to take the survey, not a problem, I understand Smile

Sorry Starph but the survey doesn’t lend itself to collecting data from all sorts of gamers. Sure, there are going to be members here that play a range of genres but I don’t tend to & it’s not a matter for me to not be compelled to take the survey but it wouldn’t be a valid contribution as it doesn’t include the genre of games I usually play.

TimovieMan - 10 March 2016 03:05 AM

And I also fail to see what solving some simple anagrams and answering some risk assessment questions have to do with skills learnt from games, but that’s for you to worry about. Tongue

No, I don’t think playing a few of the Tomb Raider games 15+ years ago or Guitar Hero & similar once a year at Christmas with my nephews is relevant in assessing my current cognitive skills etc & therefore your research seems to be very specific but I wish you very good luck with it!  Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top