• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady Kestrelluckyloserwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Psychonauts 2 on Fig!

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

2 million surpassed! I can see it making 4, maybe 5 mil. What do you guys think?

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I think about 4, 4.5 perhaps.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

Part 1 of a three-part Psychonauts retrospective documentary. Parts 2 and 3 coming tomorrow and Thursday.

I used to read the Double Fine Action News page back in 2002-2003 when Tim did all the news updates himself and posted funny updates about their battles with mice and rats in their first office. Can’t have been an actually fun experience for the team, though. (Caroline Esmurdoc’s project postmortem makes the office sound quite dreadful.)

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

Part 2 and Part 3.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

How likely do you believe this game will match the quality and impact of the original Psychonauts?

It’s very tempting to donate for a physical release for Psychonauts 2 - a game that really would never happen by traditional means. However, Broken Age was so different than what I was expecting and I don’t think it sits alongside the pantheon of great LucasArts classics™. Albeit, it’s certainly fine for what it is.

What should we be expecting?

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

thejobloshow - 11 December 2015 12:26 AM

How likely do you believe this game will match the quality and impact of the original Psychonauts?

It’s very tempting to donate for a physical release for Psychonauts 2 - a game that really would never happen by traditional means. However, Broken Age was so different than what I was expecting and I don’t think it sits alongside the pantheon of great LucasArts classics™. Albeit, it’s certainly fine for what it is.

What should we be expecting?

I suspect secret fund raiser is Sony, and they are not in as terribad situation to have it funded.
Thats why not too worried to wait and see it in action in expos before release and then buy it.
But it would be interesting to see how they will nail various gameplay stuff or new diverse stuff that made original interesting ride.
Tim has yet to make me impressed like Psychonauts , since his later works like Brutallegend and Broken Age were not as good.
So hopefully his writing craziness will return with world of Psychonauts.

Total Posts: 270

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

Proud backer, and i have been replaying psychonauts 1 a little.
I don’t get the hate for double fine: they are pretty open about most decisions. The good news is: everyone can decide for themselves if they want to support it, no other action is appropriate.
Anyway, we’ll see how it will work out.

Max: Right! We’ll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That’s spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Hates a strong word. It’s just that they’ve shown themselves up with money before and people are naturally going to be weary of them for it. Broken Age was poor for me, but I think P2 will be different. With Broken Age, Tim literally had nothing to start on and had to create everything from scratch. With P2 however, there’s foundations to build on and I think (and hope) Tim’s learnt from the experience not to go in so blindly.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Unsurprisingly, this has now reached its funding goal with 5 days to go.

I’m not expecting it to meet its fall 2018 release, but looking forward to it regardless.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

It seemed to be crawling in the last weeks but it got there. Nice to have Psychonauts 2 in horizon even if it’s going to be a while.

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

It`s happening.. 100% funded, 3,315 millions collected and still 5 days to go! That`s Great!

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Yay for Psychonauts 2:)

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Nah, I kid. If it succeeds as a sequel, everyone is a winner. I’ll make sure I have some time in 2020 to play it.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Update Doc vid up, early footage looks good enough ,

VR AG at E3,

One of the things that’s helping us make Psychonauts 2 is that we’re not going in cold. We get to warm up the world of the Psychonauts by making another game! Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin is a completely original, stand-alone adventure that takes place right after the end of Psychonauts, and ends right before the events of Psychonauts 2. It’s funded by Sony and exclusive to PlayStation VR.

As you will recall, Psychonauts ended with Raz, Lili, Sasha, Milla, and the Coach jumping in the camp jet, flying off to rescue Truman Zanotto—the Grand Head of the Psychonauts (and Lili’s father)! No longer just a camper, Raz is now going on his first real Psychonaut mission with his lifelong heroes and new girlfriend by his side. Did I say girlfriend? Is that premature?

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin - Pre-Alpha Gameplay

A taste of things to come for Psychonauts 2?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top