• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

KeybordzLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Xbox 360 Games

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2011-09-21

PM

Finally decided to buy a next-gen console and I would appreciate if you could suggest some good Xbox 360 games that don’t have a PC version. Red Dead Redemption will be my first buy and I know about Halo, Gears of War and all the other big names in games. Mostly I prefer RPG’s (and adventure games of course but got the PC for those Smile) but in general I will check out any good games that come my way.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Well, if you’re also up for something a little lighter, I’d very much suggest Fez, that was recently released in Xbox Live Arcade. Brilliant game (I just made a thread about it).

Anyway… Wow, nothing comes to mind Tongue A lot of them are, after all, on an XBox-PC combo, like the Mass Effects (well, I guess it has a PS version now too).

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2007-11-25

PM

You probably know about it, but Fable II is also only available on X360. It’s quite good, however, some aspects of the game are a bit shallow.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

If you like JRPGs there a bunch of console-exclusive like FF XIII, Blue Dragon, Ressonance of Fate, Dark Souls (This one is coming to PC).
All the WRPGs are better on PC

The only adventure game that is exclusive to the consoles I can remember is heavy Rain but that’s for the PS3

There are also some good action games like Bayonetta, Vanquish

And finally:

Lollipop Chainsaw!

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2012-06-21

PM

If you’re into JRPGs or Final Fantasy, there’s Lost Odyssey.  If you’re more of a western RPG guy, there’s too not much on the Xbox that’s not on the PC.

“It’s like a koala crapped a rainbow in my brain!”

Joined 2011-09-21

PM

Fez looks interesting Smile and Lost Odyssey is a must buy since Sakaguchi and Uematsu are involved. Do I have to play Fable 1 before 2 because of the storyline?

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I love Lost Odyssey. Final Fantasy XIII is good too.

I’ve played a bit of Fable 1 and 2 but really just played the third game through on my PC. The scenery is the same but the earlier games are not needed, not in any way. You are just another hero of the original hero’s bloodline and there are some references. I really enjoyed Fable 3 and I think I will still play Fable 2 on my Xbox some day. Might even play the Fable: Lost Chapters. So in reverse order (and I am quite strict about order when I play traditional adventures or read books, watch movies/tv-series).

Haven’t played Blue Dragon yet but I will. My fiance loved Red Dead Redemption and might give that one a try one day too.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2007-11-25

PM

Rolandesch - 22 June 2012 06:35 AM

Do I have to play Fable 1 before 2 because of the storyline?

No, the connection to Fable is quite loose - it’s the same world but set 500 years later, and the references to the storyline in Fable are far between, and should mostly be seen as a summary of some of the main events in the first game, explaining why the world in some ways has changed.

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2012-06-21

PM

I heartily recommend the first two Fable games over the third, though.

This just came to me: Bethesda games!  The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion runs pretty well on about any PC that can run the new Sam & Max games, but Fallout 3 doesn’t run nearly as well on a bad PC, and if you can’t run Fallout 3 too well, you might just want to forget about Skyrim except for the consoles.  =P Thus, I also heartily recommend those games for the console!

Oh, and there’s a great collection of genesis games for the Xbox 360.  Costs twenty dollars, comes with like a bajillion titles, including Phantasy Star and other young RPGs.  You might just wanna get an emulator for them, though.

“It’s like a koala crapped a rainbow in my brain!”

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Deadly Premonition (open world adventuregame meets survival horror) and Stacking (a new twist on adventure games) are both fantastic games. Brutal Legend (action/adventure meets action/strategy) are also great. I recommend checking out Catherine (anime adventure meets puzzle game) plus Suda51 games Shadows Of The Damned (action/adventure) and Lollipop Chainsaw (action/adventure) which are fun rides from beginning to end.

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 86

Joined 2003-09-21

PM

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West was a damn good action adventure from a few years back, highly underrated. There’s a demo on Xbox Live if you’re interested. Alan Wake is an incredibly atmospheric game too, there’s an Xbox Live ‘sequel’ called American Nightmare as well. (Both are available on the PC now, just so you know.)

There’s a HD remake of Beyond Good & Evil too. (Not available on PC.)

Right or wrong, weak or strong.

Joined 2011-09-21

PM

Thanks everyone the list just keeps growing, just have to decide what to get first Smile. Keep ‘em comin’ Grin

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I just realised that Stacking is now available on PC as well. Some really good games have gotten PC releases now as well, like Limbo and The Deathspank games. But the rest I mentioned are still console exclusives and awesome.

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Joined 2011-09-21

PM

Has anyone played I am Alive? I love the Fallout games and am always looking for a new dose of post-apocalyptic goodness Smile

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I,ve heard a variety of reviews about the game from the very critical to more favourable ones. It seems a bit of a marmite game,

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-i-am-alive/17-5769/

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2009-03-01

PM

I think if you own a good PC already, the PS3 would have been a better combination because of their exclusives. Fez does look pretty interesting though. Hope it gets a PC release sometime.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top