• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Post all your YouTube shit here!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Sage - 13 July 2020 12:19 AM

As always, I can’t resist unusual covers:

Did you see my post on “What About Bill?” in the Rock thread?

Jazz versions of songs like Metallica’s Enter Sandman. Grin

As for Steve’N'Seagulls, they popped up on my YouTube recommendations after I had found (and absolutely loved) this bluegrass song:

And YouTube tends to send stuff like these two my way on occasion too: Cool

Which means that Heilung wasn’t a name I had never heard of before… Crazy

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

Love throat singing! Don’t think I’ve heard it combined with bagpipes before.

You can play my game Frasse and the Peas of Kejick for free! (AG review here.)

Total Posts: 191

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

Trumgottist - 13 July 2020 04:17 AM

I had heard Steve’n'Seagulls before, and I love it. Thunderstruck in particular is great!

They’ve done several very good covers of classic Rock & Roll songs.  They have come to the US for various Bluegrass festivals in the past, so if we ever get off lockdown I’d like to try to catch them live if I can.

One. I didn’t care for the song, so I looked them up on YouTube to see what else they play. I wouldn’t mind hearing them play and would stop for a while if I found them playing on the street, but they are not really for me.

“One” is easily one of the most unapologetically depressing songs ever written, no doubt about it, but I really like Stary Olsa’s interpretation of it, mainly because of the guy doing the singing.  Unfortunately that guy, Andrej Apanovič, left the band not long after that appearance.  Without Andrej, I find Stary Olsa’s stuff to be kind of “meh”.

Про Ивана Groove - Now we’re talking! These people know how to play so that feet start moving. I’ll be returning to this one. Thanks for sharing! And a really like their other video too.

You’re most welcome.  Otava Yo have a whole bunch of videos on YouTube, those two are just my favorites that I’ve seen so far.

the airline that claimed Scandinavians have no culture

What?! I think I’m going to have to share some Swedish music here. (Later. I’m off to practise on my tuba now.)

That Icelandic thing was interesting. I like it. (And it reminds me of other things I’d like to share with you!)

I thought Heilung was Swedish, not Icelandic (based on the comments), but they’re cool either way.

Warning- People won’t have as much of a sense of humor about you putting an Alka Seltzer in your mouth then staggering into a restaurant while shouting “THE VIRUS HAS MUTATED!” as you’d hope they would.

Consider this: People say “Ewwww!!!” when they hear about a guy having a hairy bum or hairy back, yet every Teddy Bear ever made has had both a hairy bum AND a hairy back and nobody complains about them; In fact, people think Teddy Bears are adorable.

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

Sage - 18 July 2020 12:48 AM

I thought Heilung was Swedish, not Icelandic (based on the comments), but they’re cool either way.

Oh, I assumed Iceland due to the name of the song. (Icelandic is the Nordic language that’s kept most of the old Norse.) Looking them up, I find that they’re German, Danish and Norwegian. So we were both wrong.

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

I love this guy!  He tells it like it is with classic Irish style… which might come off as a tiny bit sweary to some ears, so nominally “NSFW” but in Ireland that’s just how they speak.

Warning- People won’t have as much of a sense of humor about you putting an Alka Seltzer in your mouth then staggering into a restaurant while shouting “THE VIRUS HAS MUTATED!” as you’d hope they would.

Consider this: People say “Ewwww!!!” when they hear about a guy having a hairy bum or hairy back, yet every Teddy Bear ever made has had both a hairy bum AND a hairy back and nobody complains about them; In fact, people think Teddy Bears are adorable.

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

Want to hear something amazing? Try this!

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

Trumgottist - 19 July 2020 09:17 AM

Want to hear something amazing? Try this!

This is probably terrible of me and a shining example of my lack of sophistication, but that performance reminded me very strongly of this one from many, many years ago-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLJ4NWNpt9o&t=280s

(Maybe the link will work now)

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Sage - 19 July 2020 12:22 AM

I love this guy!  He tells it like it is with classic Irish style… which might come off as a tiny bit sweary to some ears, so nominally “NSFW” but in Ireland that’s just how they speak.

Thanks for introducing me to his channel! Thumbs Up Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

TimovieMan - 20 July 2020 02:17 PM
Sage - 19 July 2020 12:22 AM

Thanks for introducing me to his channel! Thumbs Up Grin

You’re most welcome, Sir.

I posted links to two videos of his, but the second one just returns an “Error Code- Try again later” message.  Is everyone getting that or just me?

Anyway, onward and, err, well… downwards, in a manner of speaking: I present Ask A Mortician, a super-cool lady who answers the questions you may have always had about death, corpses, burials, and related subjects but didn’t want to be called morbid or creepy for asking.  She keeps things as light as possible without being disrespectful but doesn’t hesitate to point out crazy where it exists, as well.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Sage - 24 July 2020 12:30 AM

I posted links to two videos of his, but the second one just returns an “Error Code- Try again later” message.  Is everyone getting that or just me?

I’m getting that as well.

Same with the next post you made (in response to Trumgottist’s DakhaBrakha video)

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

TimovieMan - 24 July 2020 03:09 AM
Sage - 24 July 2020 12:30 AM

I’m getting that as well.

Same with the next post you made (in response to Trumgottist’s DakhaBrakha video)

Thanks.  Hopefully they’re both fixed now, though with the DakhaBrakha video I had go “old school” because I could only find one video that showed the bit I wanted.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Sage - 24 July 2020 03:25 AM

Thanks.  Hopefully they’re both fixed now, though with the DakhaBrakha video I had go “old school” because I could only find one video that showed the bit I wanted.

Working now! Thumbs Up

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

Kids, don’t let this happen to you!

Worst camera work ever!  The only times the person filming holds the camera still is when it’s out of focus.  From the occasional brief glimpse we get of him in a very drum-prominent song the drummer appears to be fairly cute*, but we’ll never know for sure because instead of filming the drummer for any length of time the camera person instead lavishes more attention on extended shots of the set and the back of audience member’s heads.

Now that I’ve vented, a little bit of comedy I found particularly relatable-

*Admittedly the “cute” part probably only matters to me, but nonetheless this song gives the drummer a real workout and we hardly get to see that at all.

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

Bassoon quartet!

I don’t want to spam the forum, so I have also made three other videos during this summer that I haven’t posted here. If you want to hear me for example play Sandstorm by Darude (yes, really) on a brass quintet, you can find that on my channel.

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

The most Scottish challenge EVER!

... and he does make some of the haggis look yummy!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top