• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabrielwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #56: Unforeseen Incidents

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

The time can be extended if other players would prefer more time for each of the remaining chapters?  Smile

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

I’ve finished Chapter 2. When I’m this engrossed in a game, slowing down is the opposite of what I want to do in order to maximize my enjoyment of it.

I find the puzzles of Unforeseen Incidents to be refreshingly technically accurate when compared to the nonsense logic of many point-and-click titles.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

deleted

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I’ve finished Chapter 2. When I’m this engrossed in a game, slowing down is the opposite of what I want to do in order to maximize my enjoyment of it.

I second this. I have also finished Chapter 2. The puzzles were better, but I still used a walkthrough for this chapter also.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I didn’t quite make it to the end of the chapter.  I took my sister out for lunch for her birthday today, and between the renovations being done on my kitchen and the dogs barking at every noise, I didn’t get a chance to finish up.  I just need the spark plugs, and the car should be ready to go, so it shouldn’t take me long to get caught up.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

Karlok - 25 November 2019 06:35 PM

I had problems with two puzzles in chapter two. I totally missed the connection between lever 2 at the hydro plant and the stream at the farm. Had to consult a walktrough. I still think it’s a bad “puzzle”. And the second one was dumping the scarecrow in the reservoir. Sheesh. Really?

I’m not claiming that the puzzles are particularly easy to solve. Their solutions do however follow an unusually realistic logic in my view. The ‘HARWOOD ENERGY - DISCHARGE CHANNEL’ sign is a good hint about where to find a way to reduce the stream in the meadow. Why you need to reach the scarecrow is on the other hand unclear and unfortunately just something you should understand by it being there.

Total Posts: 86

Joined 2013-03-10

PM

Karlok - 25 November 2019 06:35 PM
Pegbiter - 25 November 2019 11:29 AM

Agreed.

I find the puzzles of Unforeseen Incidents to be refreshingly technically accurate when compared to the nonsense logic of many point-and-click titles.

I had problems with two puzzles in chapter two. I totally missed the connection between lever 2 at the hydro plant and the stream at the farm. Had to consult a walktrough. I still think it’s a bad “puzzle”. And the second one was dumping the scarecrow in the reservoir. Sheesh. Really?

the scarecrow puzzle also had me having to refer to a walkthrough but happily I have reached the end of chapter two and am champing at the bit to carry on in chapter three.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Sorry folks, I’m a bit late getting back. Smile

It seems that the pace of the playthrough needs to be no slower so let’s move on to Chapter 3 - complete the hacking puzzle & play until you get to yet another hacking puzzle just after the beginning of Chapter 4 & stop there. You have until next Sunday 8th - we can move on quicker if all get there before then.

I’ve been a little neglectful in posting but I’ll catch up with comments soon!

Total Posts: 282

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Hi everyone! I see you are already well into that CPT, but I took opportunity of the autumn sales to get the game and would like to tag along if that’s alright with you? You won’t have to wait for me of course, I’ll try to catch up in the long run. Provided it doesn’t disturb the pace of the playthrough, of course.

I’m somewhere in the middle of Chapter 1 and very pleased with the game so far. I like the graphical style, it didn’t appeal to me that much in miniature screenshots but I think it works really well in game. Voice acting sounds good as well, especially the main character. The first puzzles seem to be complex without being overly complicated, which is not an easy balance to acheive, and well structured, with several quests ongoing in parallel. I didn’t think an adventure game could ever get me interested in fixing a car engine - those things used to be my pet peeve in college Grin I like how the bleak, potentially upsetting theme is played down by the soft but constant humour, the stylised graphics, and the main character’s laidback attitude. Looking forward to playing it some more!

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Welcome to the playthrough NickyLarson!  Thumbs Up
We are just at the start of Chapter 3 as you’ve probably read but the chapters are quite long so a lot to catch up with but please feel free to post your thoughts on whatever as far as you’ve got.  Smile

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Ok, I made it to the stopping point. I actually am liking the game more, it’s actually brought a smile to my face a few times.

I’m not claiming that the puzzles are particularly easy to solve. Their solutions do however follow an unusually realistic logic in my view.

Glad to hear that, however, when I’ve gotten stuck and that has been a few times so far, I have peeked a little at a walk through.

Anyway, great choice for a CPT.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I’m in a certain mess the last and this week, I solved few of the puzzles at the Chapter 2, but expect for me to fully catch up during the next week!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

I’ve reached Chapter 4 and continue to have very positive feelings about this game.

The puzzle in Chapter 3 that I guess might be easy to get stuck on is finding the credentials for the computer on the island. Or perhaps it’s obvious? It felt like I had luck to thank for realizing the solution fairly quickly.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

The puzzle with the pressure pads & the commentary is a dream like magnificent, one of the very best i encountered in the past 10 years (or so) of adventuring.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top