• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

The could still qualify if they beat Portugal by 2 goals and Germany win.

Unlikely, but not impossible.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 77

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Wow, Sweden - England. The second half was a totally different game! Great goal by Walcott too!

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

It was a great game when Sweden were 2-1 up. I was all downhill from there
Naughty

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

It’s good to see you enjoying your vitriol from the same place as the Scottish National Team…

At Home! Naughty Tongue

When we went 2-1 down I didn’t think we would recover and I have to admit I thought Walcott would be a waste of space when he came on. So pleased to have to eat my words though and a great game.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

We played way better than we did meeting Ukraine. I didn’t help though. England were faster and took their chances, which we failed to do towards the end.

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Jelena - 16 June 2012 09:02 AM

We played way better than we did meeting Ukraine. I didn’t help though.

I’m sure your help would’ve helped a lot… Grin

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

UPtimist - 16 June 2012 09:40 AM

i would i am sorry Jelena,that your help didnt help much Tongue ....

(look who is talkin)

Sealed Lips

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

UPtimist - 16 June 2012 09:40 AM

Oops! Grin

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Wow, never expected Russia to bite the dust so soon! Greece played their best match this evening, and they did it at the right time.

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2010-10-27

PM

I’m very disappointed in our guys Frown Greeks were obviously in a much better form.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

me too,it was about time really !!

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

In less then 2 hours we’ll find out if The Netherlands can beat Portugal with a 2-goal difference and if Germany fulfills its duty by winning from Denmark. Seeing how Russia left so unexpectedly, anything is possible.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Haven’t posted this weekend, but a quick recap:

- Awesome second half from England. THIS is how they should be playing at all times. Walcott did an amazing job when he was brought in!

- Considering how great Russia’s first game was, they’ve been really disappointing in the other two matches. Good job by Greece who aren’t defending as much as they did in previous tournaments. Shocker exit for Russia, though.

- Robben passed the ball three times. The first time it resulted in a dangerous situation, the second time Van der Vaart scored the opening goal. The third time was near the end and it led to Van der Vaart hitting the post. Everything looked possible after ten minutes but then they started playing like crap again, with no midfield whatsoever, and two fullbacks who might as well not even have been there (seriously, how bad was Van der Wiel?). Also: all the criticism seems to have helped Cristiano Ronaldo as he was on form. Still doesn’t pass the ball nearly often enough, though. That’s why I still much prefer Nani (who made some brilliant runs and was always free).
Sack Van Marwijk, find some full backs who can kick a ball somewhat decently (Willems and Van der Wiel surely can’t), give Sneijder and Robben some lessons in team play and the importance of passes and assists, and for the love of god, can someone tell De Jong that he needs to play in the opposite direction? He’s always passing back to Stekelenburg resulting in 40 yards of “empty” midfield where Portugal can reign freely.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Ronaldo was on top form last night,but the Dutch played a dangerous game leaving them so much room in midfield. Unfortunatly the Dutch crash out without a point.

Germany left it late, but looked comfortable.

Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Well, I’m glad about yesterday’s results, but today it’s not looking so great. England just scored such a cheap goal… And Ukraine is missing Shevchenko, who made all their goals Meh (Edit: Well, now they actually made a goal but it wasn’t accepted, but it was really over the line)

This whole group is just really “meh”. I mean, all the games have felt really watered-down. Dull.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top