• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diego

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Last finished game

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Finished mafia and I loved it, easily a 8.5/10 for me. Yes it is a little short and the AI is brain-dead but the story is still wonderful and the time period is great.

Im currently trying tales of beseria and also really enjoying that game as well. My favorite jrpg “series” of late on the ps4 is the trails of series. I ran through trails of cold steel 1 through cold steel 3.

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

Glory of Herakles III -  Silence of the Gods: the Switch port of the feature phone remake of the Super Famicom RPG. With Knuckles. Written by Nojima (of Final Fantasy VII fame). It’s set in a mythical Greek world, and focuses on a group of humans who have suddenly lost their memories, but have become immortals. Meanwhile, the earth is being attacked by monsters, and the party goes out to investigate what’s going on. The story is surprisingly well written, with a fantastic climax where a new light is cast on previous events. Some story beats are familiar nowadays, but were probably quite new back when it was first released on Super Famicom. The feature phone remake greatly simplifies the maps/dungeons and makes the fights/leveling a lot easier so you can go through the game in five or six hours now. Which might sound like a bad decision, but the original SFC game is usually solely praised for the story, while the gameplay itself is considered far less memorable (more like frustrating at times).

EDIT: Oops, wrong topic, I thought I was in the Last finished game topic in General!

“Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God’s good earth” - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Tantei KID - 02 November 2020 02:16 PM

EDIT: Oops, wrong topic, I thought I was in the Last finished game topic in General!

No worries, that can be fixed. Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2020-11-03

PM

The last game that I passed is The last of us 2. The game is cool, but not the ending.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

So, my brother-in-law has a PlayStation 4 that’s been collecting dust for a while. He finished all the games he absolutely wanted for it, and he already has a BluRay player for his film collection, so he wasn’t using it *at all*.
Cue handing it to us as a bonus Christmas gift.

Our TV is just one generation too old to be able to install and watch Disney+ but the PS4 solves that problem nicely. So now I not only have a PS4 but we have Disney+ now too! Grin

These last two weeks, I played Marvel’s Spider-Man to 100% completion. Finished the story about a week ago, and spent the rest of the time cleaning up the rest of the map and collecting missing trophies.

I played Batman: Arkham Asylum but never got all that far into it, not being a fan of the gameplay and not being drawn into the story enough to continue.
Spider-Man is a different beast. Swinging through the city is actually fun, the story is really good, and this incarnation of Spider-Man is absolutely brilliant. It’s like they took the best parts of the Maguire, Garfield and Holland versions to mold this one, bringing it closer to the comic books than ever before.
My main gripe is maybe that there’s a bit too much going on in the final act of the game for comfort (resulting in several villains not getting the screentime they deserve), but all in all, this is one fantastic game, and utterly deserving of the hype in my book.
Heck, I went for all the trophies, and got them! It takes a special kind of game to get me *that* invested…

So, now I’ve gone and bought the three DLC packs, The Heist, Turf Wars and Silver Lining, which will keep me busy these coming days. And Spider-Man: Miles Morales is on my wishlist. Would make a good birthday present this summer, after several months on hiatus - don’t want the game to overstay its welcome. Tongue

Marvel’s Spider-Man - 4.5/5
(which is *massive* for a game that’s supposed to be outside my preferred genre)

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Jdawg445 - 03 October 2020 05:04 PM

Finished mafia and I loved it, easily a 8.5/10 for me. Yes it is a little short and the AI is brain-dead but the story is still wonderful and the time period is great.

Im currently trying tales of beseria and also really enjoying that game as well. My favorite jrpg “series” of late on the ps4 is the trails of series. I ran through trails of cold steel 1 through cold steel 3.

How long does running through trails 1 through 3 take you? 9 months?

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

TimovieMan - 07 January 2021 12:15 PM

So, my brother-in-law has a PlayStation 4 that’s been collecting dust for a while. He finished all the games he absolutely wanted for it, and he already has a BluRay player for his film collection, so he wasn’t using it *at all*.

Our TV is just one generation too old to be able to install and watch Disney+ but the PS4 solves that problem nicely. So now I not only have a PS4 but we have Disney+ now too! Grin

These last two weeks, I played Marvel’s Spider-Man to 100% completion. Finished the story about a week ago, and spent the rest of the time cleaning up the rest of the map and collecting missing trophies.

I played Batman: Arkham Asylum but never got all that far into it, not being a fan of the gameplay and not being drawn into the story enough to continue.
Spider-Man is a different beast. Swinging through the city is actually fun, the story is really good, and this incarnation of Spider-Man is absolutely brilliant. It’s like they took the best parts of the Maguire, Garfield and Holland versions to mold this one, bringing it closer to the comic books than ever before.
My main gripe is maybe that there’s a bit too much going on in the final act of the game for comfort (resulting in several villains not getting the screentime they deserve), but all in all, this is one fantastic game, and utterly deserving of the hype in my book.
Heck, I went for all the trophies, and got them! It takes a special kind of game to get me *that* invested…

So, now I’ve gone and bought the three DLC packs, The Heist, Turf Wars and Silver Lining, which will keep me busy these coming days. And Spider-Man: Miles Morales is on my wishlist. Would make a good birthday present this summer, after several months on hiatus - don’t want the game to overstay its welcome. Tongue

(which is *massive* for a game that’s supposed to be outside my preferred genre)

Welcome to the PS4 lovers club! It’s a great piece of kit. I highly recommend Until Dawn. It’s easily one of the best games ever on the system.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2009-05-12

PM

You made me wanna play this game now Tongue The last PS4 game I finished was Ghost of Tsushima which I really liked. I wasn’t really feeling it at the beginning but I think it was more due to me having a bit of open world game fatigue than the game’s fault cause I think it in general it hits all the right buttons for me. Thanks to the story, characters, fun sword gameplay and beautiful graphics I ended up enjoying the journey and I appreciated the things it tried to do like not cluttering the map with things to do or following environmental cues to explore or go to objectives.

And so I thought I was done with open world games and PS4 games for a while, but now I’m curious about SpiderMan and Bloodborne, which are the only two major exclusive titles that I haven’t played.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Spider-Man is am award winning multimillion dollar selling game with rave reviews. One thing Sony does right is exclusives. They are usually very, very good.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

also agree the spiderman game is brilliant, I even like the little puzzle solving mini games in the lab. def up there with my favorite ps4 games, along with horizon zero dawn (although i still believe the first 4 or so hrs of that game are real bad), persona 5 (one of the best jrpgs in a long time), Cold steel series, jedi fallen order, FF7 remake. There are a lot more games that I really liked too. Ps4 was a great console and a real good console generation a a whole.

ps I never got the dlc packs for spiderman, I heard really mixed reviews on them. Do yall like them.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Origami - 07 January 2021 07:01 PM
Jdawg445 - 03 October 2020 05:04 PM

How long does running through trails 1 through 3 take you? 9 months?

I started trails of cold steel 1 way before the rest, each game took me about 80 hrs or so to beat over a yr and a half about. It will be a while before I complete the arc with cold steel 4, I burnt myself out a bit. I think my order goes cold steel 1, cold steel 3, than cold steel 2. They all are great games though with really good voice acting

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

danigar - 09 January 2021 03:17 PM

You made me wanna play this game now Tongue The last PS4 game I finished was Ghost of Tsushima which I really liked. I wasn’t really feeling it at the beginning but I think it was more due to me having a bit of open world game fatigue than the game’s fault cause I think it in general it hits all the right buttons for me. Thanks to the story, characters, fun sword gameplay and beautiful graphics I ended up enjoying the journey and I appreciated the things it tried to do like not cluttering the map with things to do or following environmental cues to explore or go to objectives.

And so I thought I was done with open world games and PS4 games for a while, but now I’m curious about SpiderMan and Bloodborne, which are the only two major exclusive titles that I haven’t played.

Im halfway through the 2nd island in ghost, but I have not picked up the game in months. Once again the gameplay burnt me out somewhat like an assasins creed game would. It is a great game but I feel they needed more diversity in the gameplay loop. I do plan on beating it at some point though.

as far as spiderman, it is an open world but not to the extent of ghost at least to me, if you skipped the side content which is fun but not super important, you can get through the game pretty quickly.

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2009-05-12

PM

I went ahead and bought Spider-Man for cheap so I’ll be starting it this week. It all points to something I’ll enjoy in this moment, just good fun with a decent story and characters and an open world that is fun to traverse and hopefully won’t overwhelm me. After this I probably won’t be playing any open worlds for a while Sarcastic

About Ghost yeah I hear you about being burned out. For me it helped that I focused on the main story and only did the character related side quests, which had nice ongoing stories in them so they kept me motivated. I figured that if I did every random side quest it will get repetitive fast. I also explored around for Shrines which are like lite-platforming sections and stuff like haikus which give a nice break in the gameplay loop.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

danigar - 18 January 2021 08:15 PM

I went ahead and bought Spider-Man for cheap so I’ll be starting it this week. It all points to something I’ll enjoy in this moment, just good fun with a decent story and characters and an open world that is fun to traverse and hopefully won’t overwhelm me. After this I probably won’t be playing any open worlds for a while Sarcastic

About Ghost yeah I hear you about being burned out. For me it helped that I focused on the main story and only did the character related side quests, which had nice ongoing stories in them so they kept me motivated. I figured that if I did every random side quest it will get repetitive fast. I also explored around for Shrines which are like lite-platforming sections and stuff like haikus which give a nice break in the gameplay loop.

Yeah it was my own fault, I did every piece of content on the first island including freeing all the settlements, all the haikus and all the platforming bits.I did everything, i hundred percented it on the first island. After that I was like hmmm I don’t want to do this again LOL

Total Posts: 32

Joined 2020-01-21

PM

^ OG Hitman or the new one?

I’ve started a run of Daggerfall Unity. Loving it so far. I really fell out of love with the ES series at Skyrim. Can’t wait to dive into Morrowind. You play it on Xbox or PC?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top