• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

New game on market - development in process!!! Feedback

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2016-05-20

PM

Hey guys, we’re running a game developing start-up and asking you for a feedback. Those games prototypes are based on real data collected by space exploration agencies. We have three main ideas:
1. Future, year 2100, you fight for survival as one of the countries. The environment’s condition is critical and human race is close to extinct. Your aim is to develop economically without completely destroying the Earth. Other players are on the same planet, each of your decisions impact them directly and has an influence on the climate. 3D visualisation of the Earth on which you perform every action (RTS).
2. Representatives of a distant civilization come back to Earth for the first time after the 1947 Roswell incident. Surprisingly they do not find any living human on Earth. The planet’s surface is in a condition as humans had been there a day before. In the campaing your aim is to develop a colony on Earth and to discover a mistery of human race disappearance. Multiplayer envolves rivalry between different fractions of alien civilization and the aspect of humans is omitted or barely mentioned. General map (3D spherical shape) but specific interfaces (cities - Civilization or Heroes style) you enter are in retro style.
3. Future once again, humanity is dealing with numerous asteroids on collision trajectories. Cooperative multiplayer where you’re in a team using futuristic technologies (magnetic field generators, huge lasers, gravitational guns and plenty of other cool stuff) to prevent collisions and use other celestial bodies’ resources or themselves for your purposes. The game’s flight dynamics would be based on real physical laws. Each member of the team would have a unique role to play in the mission (e.g. flight operator, mechanic, navigator etc.).
We’d be grateful for all the responses. Leave your feedback. If you don’t have time or just are too lazy to write, just leave a number of the idea you like the most.
Thanks in advance.

Total Posts: 119

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

From my perspective, Idea 3 is the most intriguing(and probably the most challenging) of the set.  There have been very limited efforts to make a multiplayer game where players controlled different elements of a ship in a cooperative effort.  If the game played out more like a sim than an arcade experience, that is also somewhat rare these days.  It’s not listed on there with the concept but naturally if that could also be given some team vs team multiplayer options of some sort that would add more interest imo.

Idea 1 is in second place for me.  The concept of developing economically against other players has been done before, but typically not involving impact on climate.  I might also add a team “make deals” element to that game.

Idea 2 is the least interesting to me, but it still has potential.  Civ type games are reasonably popular and with a nice mix of lore and alien races I could see it being pulled off well.  It’s just the least unique sounding of the ideas.

Hope this helps you.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top