• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Horror Games Thread

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Tad - 24 January 2015 11:33 AM

4…sorry, did I just hear you right?

nomadsoul - 24 January 2015 11:56 AM

Let me tell you about the definition of insanity

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

To quote Eric Cartman off South Park:

“Well, I’m done.  I no longer understand this world. I think i’ll go home and kill myself now.

Goodbye friends. ..”

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2013-06-26

PM

I just played one of the best and weirdest horror RPGs ever. It’s called Lisa: The Painful RPG.

Lisa is about a world in which a disease killed all the women in which the player plays as a drug junkie Brad, who finds the last alive female on the planet, a child named Buddy. He swears to protect her and with a group of friends, adopts her in secret. But one day, Brad returns to his home to see that his group is killed and that Buddy is gone. He ventures on a quest to find her before some harm comes to her.

Lisa’s gameplay is heavily inspired by Earthbound. The player explores the 2D world like a platformer, but the battles are standard turn based JRPG fame. The game mixes humor with disturbing elements to achieve a very surreal atmosphere. The player will occasionally be forced to make a moral choice that doesn’t really reflect the ending, but the gameplay, like when you have to chose between losing an arm or killing a companion. I would recommend the game to anyone interested in the storyline, because that’s where the game really shines.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Lisa is about a world in which a disease killed all the women in which the player plays as a drug junkie Brad, who finds the last alive female on the planet, a child named Buddy. He swears to protect her and with a group of friends, adopts her in secret. But one day, Brad returns to his home to see that his group is killed and that Buddy is gone. He ventures on a quest to find her before some harm comes to her.

I play strange little games like this one. I will have to look into it.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Speaking of horror games, IGN has an article about 13 upcoming horror games in 2015:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/30/13-horror-games-not-to-turn-your-back-on-in-2015

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Stasis isn’t on there… Cry

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2013-06-26

PM

This week, I’ve been “trying” to play White Day.

This one is a obscure free Korean gem set in a haunted school in which you control a trapped school boy trying too escape (sounds familiar, doesn’t it Wink ). On first glance, you could call this an Amnesia clone, but actually Amnesia came after White Day, so we can see some clear inspirations. The game features multiple endings based on your dialogue choices and has a generally terrifying atmosphere. Your main enemies are a couple of possessed school janitors and a haunting or two. It also has some of the best sound design in gaming as a whole. Overall, a pretty solid game, but I don’t think I will be finishing this one. I can’t bring myself to play for more than five minutes. I recommend this one to every horror game enthusiast, and especially Mikekelly as this is kinda like First-Person Amnesia-like Corpse Party.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

This looks really interesting. Played a little of it in E3:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/02/02/noir-horror-game-white-night-coming-to-ps4-on-march-3rd/

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2011-12-31

PM

One of the most macabre & certainly one of the hardest adventures I ever played must be the Black Dahlia. Never did finish it, but it was really good, & hopefully will go back to it one day, though must be 17 years old by now.

Total Posts: 50

Joined 2007-01-17

PM

Mikekelly - 23 November 2014 12:24 PM

I must admit, this game looks REALLY interesting:

http://suda51.wikia.com/wiki/Michigan:_Report_from_Hell

Heart

The game was just okay with you playing the role of “cameraman”. The game was pretty cheesy.

mini movie promo for the game.

In a way , it was kind of similiar to the PS2 japanese FMV horror game “The fear” where you also play the cameraman.

Back when i was younger , the old game “Space hulk” used to scare the crap out of me.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

...that exploding cat card game raised nearly 9 million. ..

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

One of the most macabre & certainly one of the hardest adventures I ever played must be the Black Dahlia.

I have this game. I need to replay it. I’m playing Grim Fandango for a 2nd time right now and it’s very fun - so Black Dahlia should be too.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

I saw there is a new game coming in 2 weeks from the developers of Darkness Within. Excited!!
Conarium - Launch Trailer

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

This looks cool

From makers of Darkness Within

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2006-10-02

PM

Teaser trailer of Conarium looks very promising. They really know their Lovecraft.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top