• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrelwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Horror Games Thread

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 12 November 2014 04:25 AM

I remember something like that as well now you mention it. Think they were separate things mind.

I’ve found a mirror of the site. One of the best ways to show a product I’ve seen. It’s basically like a well made point & click flash game: http://siren.lima-city.de/eu-site1/index.php

Thanks for the share, it seems there was more stuff done for different regions.

All the links here,

http://siren.lima-city.de/

Many i didn’t know about. There was plenty of viral stuff done.
MSN bot one ain’t working since M$ took MSN down.
Sleepwalker, Jap Point and click still working.
Too creepy shit, Siren is just insane and disturbing.

The place they talk about you can search it on youtube too, the place really is
abandoned creepy place in Japanese way.

I fondly remember playing Adventure Called Majestic, it lasted for few months with 60 viral sites and way more better social experiment than Facebook ever can be.
Not technically horror but Adventure stuff of finding clues and getting monitored by
fake secret syndicates was awesome. Getting creepy call and faxes at home in 56k modem era was real horror.

When EA was THE SHIT, the game was bleeding money so got cancelled.
In that time EA was run by pioneers, visionaries, now its cookie cutter.

Games in that Era, and Indies so good which are basically more or less copying designs of that era (therefore more fun), makes me wonder if AAA gaming is in reverse gear.  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I must admit, this game looks REALLY interesting:

http://suda51.wikia.com/wiki/Michigan:_Report_from_Hell

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2013-06-26

PM

Looks like I forgot about this old thread! Well, then, what should I write about now? Maybe a horror adventure, or RPG, or maybe something really obscure?
Well, how about all of above? How about Pathologic.

Pathologic is a horrible, almost unplayable and has a terrible translation. It’s also the best game I have ever played. It tells the story of a small Russian town caught by a strange disease. You can play as one of the three very different characters: the Bachelor, the Haruspicus or the Devotress. Every character plays very differently and it feels like you can choose between three different games. I heavily recommend you to play it, but make sure you have a lot of time on your hands. And I mean A LOT. Like a few days. Because this games is really long. And tiring. So tiring. The game has a really bleak and hopeless atmosphere that makes you very, very tired. You should definitely play this game, although not many people will actually menage to go through the game.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 is coming to the VITA:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/482337/resident-evil-revelations-2-coming-to-vita/

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2014-12-22

PM

If you’re a Siren fan, Forbidden Siren 2 actually cleans up a lot of the problems the first game had. It gives you a much clearer sense of direction, even though it’s still very puzzle-like with the wild timeline jumping, etc. You’re more effective in combat. The map actually shows you where you are this time. I’m not too far into it yet because I’ve had the original import disc for years and just now found a way to make it work (there was never a North American release), but I’m not feeling the same frustration I had before.

For me, there are few games that equal the Siren series in the “survival horror” vibe. It’s just non-stop dread.

Now developing: THE KNOBBLY CROOK

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

CroGamer - 08 December 2014 10:01 AM

Looks like I forgot about this old thread! Well, then, what should I write about now? Maybe a horror adventure, or RPG, or maybe something really obscure?

Pathologic is a horrible, almost unplayable and has a terrible translation. It’s also the best game I have ever played. It tells the story of a small Russian town caught by a strange disease. You can play as one of the three very different characters: the Bachelor, the Haruspicus or the Devotress. Every character plays very differently and it feels like you can choose between three different games. I heavily recommend you to play it, but make sure you have a lot of time on your hands. And I mean A LOT. Like a few days. Because this games is really long. And tiring. So tiring. The game has a really bleak and hopeless atmosphere that makes you very, very tired. You should definitely play this game, although not many people will actually menage to go through the game.

I have heard many comments on Pathologic that made me want to play it. The reviews I’ve read are similiar in that it is a game with a lot of problems but also at the same time an unforgettable game.

A couple of months ago finally I got it through a friend, but I can not play it.. I run the game, I can see the presentation, I enter to the menu, but when I select “New Game” appears a “loading screen ” and then.. the game automatically goes to the desktop without giving me any error message or anything. Frown

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2013-06-26

PM

Renacimiento - 24 December 2014 06:08 PM
CroGamer - 08 December 2014 10:01 AM

I have heard many comments on Pathologic that made me want to play it. The reviews I’ve read are similiar in that it is a game with a lot of problems but also at the same time an unforgettable game.

A couple of months ago finally I got it through a friend, but I can not play it.. I run the game, I can see the presentation, I enter to the menu, but when I select “New Game” appears a “loading screen ” and then.. the game automatically goes to the desktop without giving me any error message or anything. Frown

Well that certainly is a bummer. Try installing the Windows Media Player 10. I hear that helps.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

CroGamer - 25 December 2014 04:21 AM

Well that certainly is a bummer. Try installing the Windows Media Player 10. I hear that helps.

Thanks for the advice. I hope it works.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Dream Horror team, spiritual Clocktower has got a name now.

First Teaser trailer

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2015/01/02/nightcry-spiritual-successor-to-clock-tower-gets-first-teaser-trailer/127065/

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

markornikov - 28 June 2014 05:12 AM

To make it even more realistic the game continues while you’re not playing.
If you haven’t played for a week, you may discover that all your food has depleted and morale of the community has plumetted.  Cry

This sounds a bit like the game being played in Neal Stephenson’s novel Reamde - a good read, by the way.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Night Cry looks very good - I’m keeping an eye on this release.

Heart

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

KS of NightCry, for PC version set at 300k.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playism/project-scissors-nightcry

That team and potential.

They even grabbed Toda and Yamane.

PC version

Neeeed this in my veins.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

All over that kickstarter but I can’t how bad it started, it better start picking up pace!

Meanwhile a card game about exploding kittens is close to 4 millions…

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

4…sorry, did I just hear you right?

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 24 January 2015 09:40 AM

Meanwhile a card game about exploding kittens is close to 4 millions…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top