• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoJdawg445Lady Kestrelrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Casual Games Thread

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2018-12-03

PM

Cool thread. I like causal games. I play them all the time with my relationship partner.

How aout this for a causal game? I say a word and the next person has to say the first thing that comes to mind. Then we continue on.

STYROFOAM

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I am sorry that your post did not receive a reply. Welcome. This thread is all about casual games. Such as those produced by AMAX, Artifex Mundi, Mad Hat Games, Elephant Games et al.

The type of game you suggest is not one discussed on this thread. That’s not to say it isn’t intriguing. Just not one covered here.

This type of game is quite prevalent on GameBoomers.com . You might take your thought there. Or you might open a new thread here under a title something like “Interactive Word Game” and see if there is interest. I’m not sure there will be, but it’s worth a try.

Good luck

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2014-10-18

PM

My review of Dark Romance: Hunchback of Notre-Dame

- Good game in general, doesn’t stand out at all, but it’s funny.
- The story is well known, but well…
- The mini-games and HOG games are correct, with two levels of difficulty. But in general they are too simple.
- Graphics and animations OK.
- The extra bonus chapter is short, but it allows you to know the ancestry of Esmeralda.

My note: 8/10

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Thanks for the heads up. I will take a look at this game. I generally don’t buy CE versions, but I certainly play demos of them. I will give it a look in the next day or two, and get back to you.

And, since this seems to be your first post on this thread, Welcome.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

runs - 04 October 2020 04:48 PM

My review of Dark Romance: Hunchback of Notre-Dame

- Good game in general, doesn’t stand out at all, but it’s funny.
- The story is well known, but well…
- The mini-games and HOG games are correct, with two levels of difficulty. But in general they are too simple.
- Graphics and animations OK.
- The extra bonus chapter is short, but it allows you to know the ancestry of Esmeralda.

My note: 8/10

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I did download the SE demo, and finally got around to playing it yesterday. I liked it. There was humor, but I’m not sure I can call it funny. Although some of the dialog with the ferret was funny. I agree that the HO scenes are fair. On the other hand, the match-three alternative, while fun, could have been explained better. There was one object I couldn’t find, so I gave the mini-game a try, and I must have played what seemed like five minutes before acquiring enough “points” to win the object. I would hate to do that for all twelve objects.

Graphics, animations, music, voice acting, etc. are all OK. At least there were no colossal translation errors in the dialog. If I see a BOGO sale, I will probably get the game, and report back with more observations.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2020-12-30

PM

Hello all! Happy holidays and happy New Year in advance! I hope you are all safe and doing well.

My name is Frank, and I would like to introduce a game that our studio is working on at the moment. First of all, if this message breaks any rules or guidelines, please mention it/help me delete it. Don’t want to break the website’s etiquette on my first post ><

So, back to the game:

Labyrinth City: Pierre the Maze Detective is a cute, casual adventure/puzzle game in which you play as Pierre, a young detective who must recover a stolen stone that turns Opera City into a maze.

The game is based on Pierre the Maze Detective children’s book series and illustrations by Japanese studio IC4DESIGN. Each level of the game is an illustration in which players can wander about and interact with items and NPC’s

Game Features:

- Each level is drawn by hand and teems with details and characters.
- More than 100 hidden objects to collect.
- Available in English, French, German, Chinese, Italian and Japanese.
- Each level contains minigames, hidden rewards, and a smorgasbord of interactions.
- Narrated experience to link all levels in an overarching story.
- Secondary game mode (more on that later!).
- A wide variety of references and Easter eggs to appeal to both children and adults (and to the child within us a all as well).

If the game piqued your curiosity, the first two levels are available on GameJolt and itch.io. It’s our Christmas present/season gift to players.

Edit: I haven’t found how to properly upload pictures on the forum, so, until then, I have only the cute attachment to show off the game’s beautiful illustrations.

Image Attachments

LC_Screenshots_1920x1080_docks_subtitlesEN.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Forums need a casual gaming section.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2020-12-30

PM

Or little tags to add to a title to give a better idea of what the game is about Grin

If the game fits better in the General section, please let me know and I’ll move the thread over there (if a member can move their thread?)

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Gabe - 30 December 2020 11:11 AM

Forums need a casual gaming section.

There is such a site. It’s called the Casual Games Thread. It can be found here. It’s been inactive for some time because of the lack of new and worthwhile casual games. That’s my opinion. If you go to BFG you will see lots of mediocre games getting rave reviews. Only thing I can say is that the taste of the participants on the Casual Games Thread is far higher than that of the BFG reviewers.

Still, that’s the place for this game. I hope there is more to post than this screenshot. A demo, not matter how brief, would give a better feel for the game.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I merged the threads, but please check the title, RT.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Maybe I was too hasty moving it here.  There’s a video and screenshots on Steam, and it seems to have 3rd person platform-like gameplay.  It doesn’t appear to have traditional hidden object scenes, but your character has to find objects in the crowded scenes reminicent of Where’s Waldo?.  It looks like it might be fun to play.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2020-12-30

PM

So we do have a demo on GameJolt and itch (demos are the same, only the platforms are different)

As for the game itself, it is a 3rd person game where the goal is to find your way out of each maze to catch a thief, and you can find hidden objects/messages along the way which can give you clues to solve some of the puzzles or minigames

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Lady Kestrel - 05 January 2021 12:09 AM

Maybe I was too hasty moving it here.  There’s a video and screenshots on Steam, and it seems to have 3rd person platform-like gameplay.  It doesn’t appear to have traditional hidden object scenes, but your character has to find objects in the crowded scenes reminicent of Where’s Waldo?.  It looks like it might be fun to play.

I recall someone asking a long time ago if Tetris was a casual game. I was forced to say that it most certainly is. But is it a casual “adventure” game? Which, of course, it is not. I’ve not had a chance to look at the demo, nor look at the extra screen shots. So it’s hard to say whether the game, no matter how interesting, belongs here or not. I will say that a single screenshot that can’t be enlarged is not enough to generate widespread interest.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

IIIFrankIII - 30 December 2020 04:19 AM

Hello all! Happy holidays and happy New Year in advance! I hope you are all safe and doing well.

My name is Frank, and I would like to introduce a game that our studio is working on at the moment. First of all, if this message breaks any rules or guidelines, please mention it/help me delete it. Don’t want to break the website’s etiquette on my first post ><

So, back to the game:

Labyrinth City: Pierre the Maze Detective is a cute, casual adventure/puzzle game in which you play as Pierre, a young detective who must recover a stolen stone that turns Opera City into a maze.

The game is based on Pierre the Maze Detective children’s book series and illustrations by Japanese studio IC4DESIGN. Each level of the game is an illustration in which players can wander about and interact with items and NPC’s

Game Features:

- Each level is drawn by hand and teems with details and characters.
- More than 100 hidden objects to collect.
- Available in English, French, German, Chinese, Italian and Japanese.
- Each level contains minigames, hidden rewards, and a smorgasbord of interactions.
- Narrated experience to link all levels in an overarching story.
- Secondary game mode (more on that later!).
- A wide variety of references and Easter eggs to appeal to both children and adults (and to the child within us a all as well).

If the game piqued your curiosity, the first two levels are available on GameJolt and itch.io. It’s our Christmas present/season gift to players.

Edit: I haven’t found how to properly upload pictures on the forum, so, until then, I have only the cute attachment to show off the game’s beautiful illustrations.

Sorry to have taken so long to reply. There is a game series that uses the word “Labyrinth” on the BFG web site. I wrongly assumed this was a promotion of the latest game in the series, which it obviously is not. I promise to get back to you with more thoughts soon.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

For the last few years, I have been gaming on my iPad, but just invested in a new PC for computer gaming.
I gave up my BigFish membership a while ago, not having time to play and finding the games repetitive.
Most of the ‘casuals’ I play not are more like Escape games with lots of puzzles. Recently I found I good old fashioned harder type casual on Steam, so I thought I would mention it—Arcana Sands of Destiny. I’m having a good time with it. It is a bit clumsy in it’s gameplay, but the HOPs are challenging and the puzzles are great.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top