• Reviews
  • Games Database
  • Game Discovery
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Adv_Lvr

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Casual Games

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2018-12-03

PM

Cool thread. I like causal games. I play them all the time with my relationship partner.

How aout this for a causal game? I say a word and the next person has to say the first thing that comes to mind. Then we continue on.

STYROFOAM

Total Posts: 4148

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I am sorry that your post did not receive a reply. Welcome. This thread is all about casual games. Such as those produced by AMAX, Artifex Mundi, Mad Hat Games, Elephant Games et al.

The type of game you suggest is not one discussed on this thread. That’s not to say it isn’t intriguing. Just not one covered here.

This type of game is quite prevalent on GameBoomers.com . You might take your thought there. Or you might open a new thread here under a title something like “Interactive Word Game” and see if there is interest. I’m not sure there will be, but it’s worth a try.

Good luck

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Casual Game Developer List
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AohuMgk8BGFTdExjM2s4eGdJRGZmcWJxMUNoUTlMZVE#gid=0

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2014-10-18

PM

My review of Dark Romance: Hunchback of Notre-Dame

- Good game in general, doesn’t stand out at all, but it’s funny.
- The story is well known, but well…
- The mini-games and HOG games are correct, with two levels of difficulty. But in general they are too simple.
- Graphics and animations OK.
- The extra bonus chapter is short, but it allows you to know the ancestry of Esmeralda.

My note: 8/10

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Thanks for the heads up. I will take a look at this game. I generally don’t buy CE versions, but I certainly play demos of them. I will give it a look in the next day or two, and get back to you.

And, since this seems to be your first post on this thread, Welcome.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AohuMgk8BGFTdExjM2s4eGdJRGZmcWJxMUNoUTlMZVE#gid=0

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

runs - 04 October 2020 04:48 PM

My review of Dark Romance: Hunchback of Notre-Dame

- Good game in general, doesn’t stand out at all, but it’s funny.
- The story is well known, but well…
- The mini-games and HOG games are correct, with two levels of difficulty. But in general they are too simple.
- Graphics and animations OK.
- The extra bonus chapter is short, but it allows you to know the ancestry of Esmeralda.

My note: 8/10

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I did download the SE demo, and finally got around to playing it yesterday. I liked it. There was humor, but I’m not sure I can call it funny. Although some of the dialog with the ferret was funny. I agree that the HO scenes are fair. On the other hand, the match-three alternative, while fun, could have been explained better. There was one object I couldn’t find, so I gave the mini-game a try, and I must have played what seemed like five minutes before acquiring enough “points” to win the object. I would hate to do that for all twelve objects.

Graphics, animations, music, voice acting, etc. are all OK. At least there were no colossal translation errors in the dialog. If I see a BOGO sale, I will probably get the game, and report back with more observations.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!