• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LittleRose

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Chrome&XP; not supported anymore

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

The site/forums is not showing correctly on one of my older computers with XP/Chrome (it’s still working in Firefox). It’s off for a month or so, before that it was working correctly.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’m in the same boat here as regards my XP system (I do have another, my current Win 7 which is going to go the same way).
I’m sorry, I don’t know what to suggest to help.  Cry

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I don’t know what Ivo’s position is on this, but XP’s been out of support for 6 years now, and Windows 7 has recently gone out of support itself. There have been some noticable changes to make this site work better on mobile devices, and changes to the design generally. Those changes aren’t necessarily compatible with older versions of Chrome/Firefox.

Your internet browsing experience as a whole will only get worse as time goes on, as more sites drop support for ageing technology. Some sites are now dropping support for Internet Explorer completely, not just older versions.

(I still have Firefox 3.6 installed for one thing I use, as it’s not supported in newer versions, so I do feel your pain somewhat).

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

What version of Firefox/Chrome do you have installed (the one that gives issues)? I could see if it’s an easy fix.

I do test on Edge, Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer but there are limits to what I can test as a 1 man show :-)

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

CaliMonk - 12 March 2020 11:34 AM

What version of Firefox/Chrome do you have installed (the one that gives issues)? I could see if it’s an easy fix.

I do test on Edge, Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer but there are limits to what I can test as a 1 man show :-)

I’m on Chrome Version 49.0.2623.112 (I believe the latest supported by XP). This is how forum is showing up, and the main page as well, with white background and no images/avatars.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Is it still like this currently? I’m trying to see if I can get a copy. For reference, I’m on Chrome 80 :-)

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

I’m testing on Chrome 49 now, on Windows and the forum actually works fine. Can you press CTRL+SHIFT+I and go to “Console” and tell me what error it displays?

Looking at your screen it appears to not be loading style, just want to understand why.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Hey, the forum now works ok! This is what console tells me while I browse the forum:

Picture 1
Picture 2

The main page of the site still shows with some thumbnails missing when you scroll the page:

Main page

And when you enter the review page, with these errors on console:

Review page

But at least the forum works fine, thanks! Content

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

You’re welcome! I have an idea what setting fixed things, so I’ll keep an eye on it. Noticed the images on the main page, lazy loading isn’t working on Chrome 49 (or older browsers) so I’ll look into how I can fallback.

Thanks again for reporting, I’ll always look into things once I know them!

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

If you have trouble again, you might try using Opera web browser. I’d had pretty good success with it on XP.

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top