• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceandiegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady KestrelTimovieManwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Strangeland - Primordia devs new project

Total Posts: 81

Joined 2013-09-05

PM

Seems Wormwood Studios waited until it was almost complete to announce it:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/03/19/from-primordias-creators-strangeland-issues-forth/

Total Posts: 32

Joined 2018-02-14

PM

Looks interesting, the trailer looked gorgeous anyway.

Total Posts: 221

Joined 2003-11-10

PM

Primordia is my favorite “old school adventure” to date, so this is a great and unexpected news.  Smile

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Wow, nice trailer, i am hyped!

Total Posts: 2063

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

OMG that old man under a huge tree - was that some dark Kyrandia reference? Laughing

Awesome trailer, but I had no doubt that Primordia devs would come up with something that cool.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i have a feeling it is going to be dark in a ‘Sanitarium’ way

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I don’t want to destroy the hype, but Mark Yohalem says he is a little worried that the publicity is disproportionate to the game.

It is supposed to be a small game. Then again, he said the same about Primordia and we all know what happened in the end…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

I like retro gfx but someone needs to tell this guy that making everything murky and dark in every screen isn’t a good style.

Total Posts: 416

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Played Primordia for the first time, recently. I loved it.

This game looks great. Psyched for it. Similar aesthetic to Primordia but definitely more twisted and bizarre. I’ll be keeping my eye on this one.

Total Posts: 221

Joined 2003-11-10

PM

walas74 - 20 March 2018 08:04 PM

I don’t want to destroy the hype, but Mark Yohalem says he is a little worried that the publicity is disproportionate to the game.

It is supposed to be a small game. Then again, he said the same about Primordia and we all know what happened in the end…

Having read some reviews about Primordia I was led to believe that it was a short game, and you’re saying that the developper said the same.
So I played the game expecting it to end much earlier than it actually did. In reality it’s a perfectly normal-length game, with a neatly tied-up story where the ending comes at exactly the right time.
I’m actually surprised it didn’t garner more attention as it was a pretty ambitious game.

So even if Strangeland is shorter it may still be a meaty and satisfying game.

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Ninth - 21 March 2018 06:19 AM
walas74 - 20 March 2018 08:04 PM

Having read some reviews about Primordia I was led to believe that it was a short game, and you’re saying that the developper said the same.
So I played the game expecting it to end much earlier than it actually did. In reality it’s a perfectly normal-length game, with a neatly tied-up story where the ending comes at exactly the right time.
I’m actually surprised it didn’t garner more attention as it was a pretty ambitious game.

So even if Strangeland is shorter it may still be a meaty and satisfying game.

There is a comic called Fallen which takes place some time after Primordia. More info here:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/227000/discussions/0/828940421763268587/

In the Author’s Note, Mark says:

“In June 2010, Victor Pflug and I decided to make a small, free adventure game—one that
we would finish no later than mid-August. As it turned out, we didn’t finish until
December . . . 2012. By that point, Primordia was no longer small (or free), and, far
from being a casual project, it had become an all-consuming undertaking.”

That’s what I meant when I said it could happen the same with Strangeland…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Oh hello there game that is now my highest anticipated adventure of 2018.
Looks totally fantastic.
And yes, in adventure terms primordia is not a small game. Its average sized around 8-10ish hours.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

is this canceled or what, anyone knows something about this project?

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

As of the end of last year, the game can be played from start to finish and they’re hoping to have it ready for release some time this year:
http://www.wormwoodstudios.com/2019/12/2019-in-review.html

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

great!, thanks Phleb

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

It’s rather later than expected, but it sounds as though (as with Primordia) the game’s a lot bigger than initially planned!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top