• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Fair or… Not ! (Puzzles) ...“SPOILERS!”

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Honestly I never got the fuzz about the moustache, rubber duck or baking puzzles. Yes, they are stupid and illogical and you could have gotten the same result in thousand easier ways but they are still way too infamous considered how small inconvenience they are - especially in such great games. People couldn’t come up with anything else negative to say?

Not to mention how many people love Lost Horizon and that was full of those “puzzles” and it can’t beat any of the example games in plot or characters either.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

Sefir - 30 May 2012 05:52 AM

As I have mentioned many times, I always considered many safe puzzles unfair. Even if you DO know the code, you have to guess the way you put it (clockwise/counterclockwise)since no clue is provided. To make matters worse, if you are not 100% sure that you have the right code, you would keep wondering if you have the correct code as well. Black Dahlia had one of these, cursed riddles I think…

I remember playing Black Dahlia together with Colpet (communicating through e-mail since we live on different continents) Opening the safe was impossible until she found information on the internet on how to dial such locks. That information was nowhere to be found in the game as far as we could tell. That’s unfair! *grumpy face*

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

The game I would like to mention is Drowned God.

In that game there is board game you have to play against a knight I believe. (It’s been about ten years since I’ve played this so my memory might be a little off)

In order to progress you have to win at least two of three matches against him. What makes it unfair is that the first game is unwinnable. While it is theoretically possible to fully understand the rules and figure out that the starting positions and the order of play for that particular board make it unsolvable, it is rather lame to actually do that to the player in the very first game where they are still trying to understand the rules and establish strategies around them. In fact, it’s just lame period to make someone waste their time trying to win a game that can’t be won.

I kept reloading a saved game every time I lost because I thought there was something I wasn’t understanding or that the game was just really hard, making winning that first match very important so I would have two chances left to succeed.

The funny part is that winning the last two games isn’t even all that hard. I think it only took me two tries to get past them once I gave up on the 1st game. But I still wasted a fair amount of time for no reason.

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Jelena - 30 May 2012 12:51 PM

I remember playing Black Dahlia together with Colpet (communicating through e-mail since we live on different continents) Opening the safe was impossible until she found information on the internet on how to dial such locks. That information was nowhere to be found in the game as far as we could tell. That’s unfair! *grumpy face*

Actually Jelena there was the information available for the safe code within Winslow’s office. There’s a photograph of him (college or something) with a date on and you use that for the safe code. Two problems though (which might still make it unfair Smile ) in that you had to drop the 19 from the year and you still had to work out which way to dial the combination.

Life is what it is.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top