• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieLady Kestrelwalas74zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

“I Will Find Them” a indie detective game

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2020-10-21

PM

Hello everyone
I have made a small point-and-click-adventure game that you in this forum may be interested in trying. So are you ready to play a free, funny, weird and kinda surreal “Point & click”-game? Then this may be the game for you. The game takes about 15-20 minutes to play, and it can be downloaded for windows machines only.

The game is voice acted by the amazing, well spoken and the pretty nice guy, also better known as JK5000. Yes, it’s just silly me that have voice acted the game, but I still hope you will like it.

The Story
It’s one of your first days as a detective. You don’t have had a lot to do until now, but then the Mayor calls. Can this be your first big case?

Download
If you are interested in trying my game, you can find it for free here https://gamejolt.com/games/IWillFindThem/526002

Anyway I hope at least some of you will give the game a change. And yes the game is very indie, but I still think it’s a fun little game.

Good luck and have fun

Joined 2020-10-21

PM

Hello again
I believe it was yesterday that I first posted about my weird little adventure game on this site. It seems like there are at least some interest in seeing what this game is (or perhaps it’s just bots view this page a lot). But any way I believe there is nearly no one of you that gone to the games page on game jolt. I am also pretty sure there is no one of you that have tried the game. I know that it’s sound like I am complaining (and perhaps I am complaining), but this is not the reason why I am writing this reply. I just wonder why is there no interest in trying the game?

Okay, I do perhaps have some ideas why:
- Perhaps you don’t like weird indie games.
- Perhaps there is a lot of bad indie games on this site, and you don’t want to play them all. (And yes I can’t say that you will like my game)
- Perhaps the screenshots looks bad and uninteresting.
- Perhaps you need to see a video of the game.
- Perhaps the text I wrote was not interesting enough.
- Perhaps you don’t like downloading games on sites like Game Jolt.
- Perhaps you want other people to play the game first, and then see what they have to say about it.

But what ever the reason is not to try the game is, I am really interested in hearing it. And perhaps you can tell me, what I can do to make you more interested.

Regards JK5000

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

A few more perhapses to add to your list:

-Perhaps you are a Mac user.
-Perhaps you’re involved with playing other games currently.
-Perhaps real life is taking up a lot of your time right now.
-Perhaps you want to get to know me a bit better before you try my game.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

JK5000Games - 22 October 2020 06:09 PM

I just wonder why is there no interest in trying the game?

I looked at “15-20 minute” and “free” and thought about how many low quality short, free games I’ve played in the past. And while your game may be fantastic, I just wouldn’t become interested until it got lots of praise from other posters, or a very good review score on the site. It would be nice if I had unlimited time to play every game out there, but when life is short you have to be selective. Unfortunately.

Joined 2020-10-21

PM

Hello again

Thank you Lady Kestrel and Luhr28 so much for your replay.

Lady Kestrel I do understand and agree with you that a lot of people plays other games, have other important things in there life, or they are are mac or even smartphone uses. But this can’t be everyone in the world. And I do also know that this kind of indie games, don’t grabs or interest a lot of people. I just hoped in this kind forum I would have found a bit more interested in this kind of game.

Luhr28 I know that short and low quality games don’t appeal to a lot people, and it’s totally fair you don’t want to play those kind of games. For me personally I got a bit tiered of high quality games, and I am today much more interested in lower quality and kinda weird indie games. And I wish there was more people interested in giving those kind of games a change.

And Luhr28 I agree and understand that “Free” is become a bad word that either means bad or I want to find a other way to steal all your money. When I use the word “Free” and i say the game takes “15-20 minute” to play, I want to say I don’t take any of your money and it don’t take much of your time from you.

Again thank you for the replays. And I still hope some you will give the game a change.

Regards JK5000

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Hi JK5000.
I’ve given your game a chance since it’s so short but I wasn’t that inclined as to be honest I didn’t find the screenshots that interesting & the cardboard cut-out characters put me off.

It was okay as far as I got but I did find your voice-acting hilarious (in a good way!).

I didn’t finish the game as although I don’t mind action scenes in moderation, in your game The Big Bad Boss part just went on too long & I couldn’t be bothered to keep trying. Why do developers (not just you) insist on including action scenes in a predominantly non-action adventure game? 
But never mind about that, & I hope that my comments aren’t too harsh, my major bug-bear is that I had to log-off from my PC to exit the game as there was no way otherwise during the action scenario.

Joined 2020-10-21

PM

Hello chrissie

I am really happy you gave the game a chance, and I am glad you liked my weird voice over. I don’t think you commend is negative or wrong.

The action parts is not meant to be very difficult, but I know it can be for some players. I will make it possible to skip this part, when you have tried it a couple times. And yes you should be able to skip the game doing action part, and will also fix that too. But until I can fix that you should have been able to close the game with Alt+F4.

Regards JK5000

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

JK5000Games - 23 October 2020 07:13 AM

The action parts is not meant to be very difficult, but I know it can be for some players. I will make it possible to skip this part, when you have tried it a couple times. And yes you should be able to skip the game doing action part, and will also fix that too. But until I can fix that you should have been able to close the game with Alt+F4.

The trouble is that action parts that aren’t intended to be difficult can seem more so in contrast if most of the game-play is sedentary & also I find them annoying within them as my brain is on a gentler track.
Yes, it would be good if you can either skip the action part or at least reduce it to shooting less goons e.g. no more than 5ish!

Thanks for the tip to close the game - I had tried Ctrl + Alt + Delete to bring up the task manager but that didn’t work.
Please post if you do a fix!  Smile

Re action parts to explain: I played the first 4 Tomb Raider games, + other games requiring action, as a choice. If I want action that’s the kind of game I will play but if I don’t I will play what I believe is a non-action game so therefore I get quite irate when I’m confronted with action scenes in a game that I’m neither wanting, forewarned about or expecting it in.

Joined 2020-10-21

PM

Hello again chrissie

I have now made it possible to get to the pause menu when you are in action part of the game. You can now also skip some of the action scenes after two failed attempts.

I do understand that you not a fan of the games mix between action and none-action. For me personally I like the mix, and I just see it as fun way to tell the story. But it had always been my intention to make it possible to skip them, but I forgot to implement in the game.

Regards JK5000

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Luhr28 - 22 October 2020 08:18 PM
JK5000Games - 22 October 2020 06:09 PM

I just wonder why is there no interest in trying the game?

I looked at “15-20 minute” and “free” and thought about how many low quality short, free games I’ve played in the past. And while your game may be fantastic, I just wouldn’t become interested until it got lots of praise from other posters, or a very good review score on the site. It would be nice if I had unlimited time to play every game out there, but when life is short you have to be selective. Unfortunately.

Funny, some of the best games I have played lately have been free indies which take less than 30 minutes to complete. I wouldn’t use those as attributes of quality, because there are several far too long, too expensive studio produced games, which turn out to be bad. And of course, the time it takes to complete one long game is several shorter games combined.

But you are absolutely correct about being selective. There are at least 10.000 adventure games, just downloading everything made with AGS comes to somewhere around 3.000, so there’s a lot of competition. And at least I haven’t even played through everything from the 1980’s and later, so every new game ends up competing with those games as well.

I can understand that from the creator’s point of view that one game can feel special, but from the player’s point of view it’s one unknown game with thousands of other games. Anyway, giving it a little bit more time than a couple of days, players will eventually play the game, unless it’s so horribly bad that no one cares.

But to answer your (the OP) question: one of the reasons why I keep missing some games is that I don’t really check GameJolt. I use GOG as my main platform, Steam for everything I can’t find from GOG, Itch.io for obscure indies, and some bundles here and there, so the guess about GameJolt was sort of correct. I have nothing against that site, but I rarely go there. I could at least add the game to my collection on Itch.io, so it would be among those 176 other games which I have in the collection to be played some time later. Unless I specifically go to GameJolt to get a certain game, I probably won’t go there at all.

Anyway, I’m not against short indie adventures, if I like something, I might even write about it to let others know too.

For instance, Clotilde Soffritti in Never Buy a Used Spaceship and Bear in Venice are short, relatively unknown games that I have written about because I liked them for what they are.

Did those reviews inspire anyone? No idea, maybe not, as very few people go read those either. At least I did my small part.

The bottom line is, you can’t really rush people to play your game, the best thing you can do is to have your game available where people can find it (and personally I don’t think that means GameJolt), and keep waiting that more people will find it one way or another. If you want to have more visibility, are you on social media? Have you contacted other forums, Facebook groups, and such about the game? And yes, I think a playthrough video on YouTube would get some views and maybe someone to play the game too.

Joined 2020-10-21

PM

Hello GateKeeper

I do understand what you are saying, and agree with you in the most of the things. But first of all, I don’t expect a lot people playing my game, and I am just as happy if you or anyone else plays my game today, tomorrow or just perhaps plays at a time next year. But I do also know that if I don’t push the game it quickly gets lost and forgotten in this kind of forums, and then no one will ever see or play the game.

I also knows that what I have written in this forum perhaps sounds desperate and a bit aggrieve, but it’s in no way meant that way. I am just interested in hearing what I can do one this side to make you interested in trying the game.

Social media (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/YouTube/...) do sound like a good idea, but my experience is that it does not help a lot. Okay if you are big on YouTube or spend a lot of money on marketing, it can differently make a difference.

I am by the way happy to hear that you give small indie games a chance, and there is a lot of amazing small, weird or/and interning games out there, that nearly no one plays. And I will give the game you recommend a change.

Thank you commend and have a great weekend.

Regards JK5000

Joined 2020-10-21

PM

I have played “Clotilde Soffritti in Never Buy a Used Spaceship” and “Bear in Venice” and it’s two funny and interesting small games. I personally prefers “Clotilde Soffritti in Never Buy a Used Spaceship”. For me is “Bear in Venice” a fun little game, but it’s a bit to short.

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Lady Kestrel - 22 October 2020 06:35 PM

A few more perhapses to add to your list:

-Perhaps you are a Mac user.
-Perhaps you’re involved with playing other games currently.
-Perhaps real life is taking up a lot of your time right now.
-Perhaps you want to get to know me a bit better before you try my game.

lol perhaps you are a savage and I love it.

Not to dogpile but a lot of devs come on this forum, acting like we should fall at their feet bc they made a game and started a topic. I am not talking just about the thread creator, but it is something I have noticed.

Joined 2020-10-21

PM

Hello Jdawg445

I disagree that it was a savage comment from Lady Kestrel. The the reasons in the comment was in many ways valid augments.

And I’m in no way interested in someone kissing my feeds, and I don’t think I am the God of adventure game making (And yes that comment was savage, and hope you liked it Smile ). I hoped just some one here was interested in seeing or perhaps trying my interpretation of adventure game. It’s not perfect, and if you only use to play games made by big professional game companies, you might not like it. But I thought that a Adventure Game forum was more interested in indie games, because it traditional has been a lot of those game are made in a very indie way.

But you are perhaps right that there is too many games on the forum, that you don’t like or find interesting. But you also have to understand that when we make game, we wants people to play them. And if you don’t tell about your game, there will never be anyone who plays them.

I also talk with you in other parts of the forum and you asks for better adventure games. I actually believe a forum like this is good place to push someone the developers to make the game you like.

Regards JK5000

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

JK5000Games - 31 October 2020 07:34 PM

Hello Jdawg445

I disagree that it was a savage comment from Lady Kestrel. The the reasons in the comment was in many ways valid augments.

And I’m in no way interested in someone kissing my feeds, and I don’t think I am the God of adventure game making (And yes that comment was savage, and hope you liked it Smile ). I hoped just some one here was interested in seeing or perhaps trying my interpretation of adventure game. It’s not perfect, and if you only use to play games made by big professional game companies, you might not like it. But I thought that a Adventure Game forum was more interested in indie games, because it traditional has been a lot of those game are made in a very indie way.

But you are perhaps right that there is too many games on the forum, that you don’t like or find interesting. But you also have to understand that when we make game, we wants people to play them. And if you don’t tell about your game, there will never be anyone who plays them.

I also talk with you in other parts of the forum and you asks for better adventure games. I actually believe a forum like this is good place to push someone the developers to make the game you like.

Regards JK5000

look around at the countless topics started by devs, they are either empty bc no one cared, or they are full of updates by devs and no one else. Trust me we do look and every once in a while one indy game takes off like the gibbous one, bc you can see the work that dev team put into it.

Her comment was indeed savage in a nice way, like a lot of her comments. You made a topic on your game and than got passive aggressive less then a day later when no one responded to it yet, you can try and spin that but shouldnt. I do get it, you created something and wanted immediate feedback, but it is off-putting at least to me.

This happens a lot on here. So posters either dont say anything when they try a game and dont like it or they give very passive praise like chrisse who literally never says anything bad about an indy game that I have seen.

As for me I looked at the screenshots and it did not look interesting so I passed on it. Best of luck with your future games.

Joined 2020-10-21

PM

Hello again Jdawg445

I understand that my question can be seen as passive-aggressive, but it was and is meant as a generate question. I can see view number rise pretty quickly, but engagement with the content is pretty low. And I am like most other developers interested in what could make you interested in playing our games.

I am in general sorry that people is afraid of playing indie games. I know they are not perfect and they don’t always looks amazing, but there is often something about them that is interesting and/or fun. And I hoped this forum was more interested in this kind of games, but the more I look, it’s clear the interested for this kind of games is not very big, and that is also okay.

Regards JK5000

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top