• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diego

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Favorite Puzzles

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2020-09-23

PM

Randell Trulson - 29 September 2020 01:28 PM

I really liked the grave yard ghost puzzle in KQ4.  Where else do you get to dig up a dead baby Grin

Gasp OH MY! I’ve only played Quest for Glory thinking KQ was some silly, generic AG… I wanna know the whole context/story that led to that puzzle which even puts to shame the game I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, please!

Speaking of I Have no Mouth: it wasn’t any particular puzzle but more like everything surrounding the reason why Ellen feared the color yellow—puzzles and everything. I didn’t like it per se, but it sure was memorable…

GateKeeper - 29 September 2020 01:40 PM

Although while I would say that the ViewMaster thing is one of the best and most memorable things in adventure games from the past seven years, and from all times actually, if we think about it critically it doesn’t really involve any previously unseen puzzle mechanics. You can replace the ViewMaster with some UV glasses or night vision, and it’s quite an ordinary thing really.

That’s great! And good observation there, the context can really make the most mundane of actions stand out above all else. I mean, there’re still people out there incapable of pulling that trigger in MGS 3 Frown

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Maroko - 30 September 2020 05:55 AM

Speaking of I Have no Mouth: it wasn’t any particular puzzle but more like everything surrounding the reason why Ellen feared the color yellow—puzzles and everything. I didn’t like it per se, but it sure was memorable…

That would be a “greatest moments in adventure games” subject.

We had precisely such a thread a few years ago. Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

walas74 - 29 September 2020 04:34 PM

My all time favourite puzzle is the one of Day of the Tentacle where you need Benjamin Franklin to do his experiment, but it is not raining. How can you make it rain? Either you are Native American and perform a dance rain or… you wash a car, because everybody knows it always rains when you just have your car washed! Priceless…

Lot’s of great puzzles in Day of the Tentacle. The cherry tree, winning the beauty contest, the hamster…

Total Posts: 1238

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

giom - 30 September 2020 08:05 AM
walas74 - 29 September 2020 04:34 PM

My all time favourite puzzle is the one of Day of the Tentacle where you need Benjamin Franklin to do his experiment, but it is not raining. How can you make it rain? Either you are Native American and perform a dance rain or… you wash a car, because everybody knows it always rains when you just have your car washed! Priceless…

Lot’s of great puzzles in Day of the Tentacle. The cherry tree, winning the beauty contest, the hamster…

Well, that’s why it is the greatest adventure game of all time Laughing

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top