• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445KeybordzLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Saint Kotar

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

There are a few “usual suspects” always involved in arguments around here. I’m one of them. I won’t say who the others are - you know who you are. For that reason I’m going to stop posting opinions altogether, good or bad. There’s no bitterness and it’s no one’s fault, just my decision. I’m grateful for every single one of you on this forum.

Total Posts: 1620

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Luhr28 - 15 June 2020 10:14 PM

There are a few “usual suspects” always involved in arguments around here. I’m one of them. I won’t say who the others are - you know who you are. For that reason I’m going to stop posting opinions altogether, good or bad. There’s no bitterness and it’s no one’s fault, just my decision. I’m grateful for every single one of you on this forum.

I respect your decision but I appreciate honesty one way or another. there are many games I love that others dont, but I dont feel like they have hatred for the devs lol. The whole point of message boards, is to spread your thoughts, I understand if you need a break though. I just put her on ignore lol.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

chrissie - 16 June 2020 07:59 AM

I apologise profusely for having a bee in my bonnet but neither of you guys (I apologise again Luhr if you’re not a guy) have conceded that you’ve judged the voice-acting in the wrong context i.e. Luhr, from your post I can glean that you perceived a problem with translation rather than recognising that the guy was talking to himself.
Jdawg - you described the voice-acting as ‘robotic’ which seems to indicate that you didn’t recognise that the guy was reciting a letter out loud.

What I’m actually seeing here are two people on the defence attacking me for pointing out the obvious.

Jdawg,  are you one of the kickstarter backers? If so I can understand the annoyance of the game still being in development after 3 years.

I’m here on this forum because I love games - I will generally give a game an hour of my time before judging if the game’s appealed enough for me to get it in the first place. I’ve got nothing against either of you but again I will state that you really can’t judge anything based on a 50 second clip but if you do so I would appreciate that you state it as your thought & not a fact!

@Tanis games. I’m sorry that your thread has been derailed but can you give us an idea of when your game may be released? I like what I’ve seen so far btw! 
Smile

Even though I put you on ignore, I cant ignore somebody who directs questions at me bc I think it is rude. So to answer your questions in order.

1. The voice acting does sound robotic point blank period to me. It does not mater if he is reading a letter or looking at something or talking to someone. We both just finished the hand of glory and laz does not sound like a robot to me, and he reads letters/newspapers and looked at a lot of objects and never once sounded like that. To me the voice acting sounds bad, and considering that he is the main character that is not good bc we will be hearing him a lot.

3. No I am not a backer, I responded bc I want to love this game, it has a gabriel knight feel, but from all the things they have shown it does not look good to me.

4. You can most def judge things by trailers people have been doing it for years. You watch a minute or 2 minute movie trailer and make a judgement on rather or not you want to see it, based on the story, characters, directing, and acting. No difference here. That doesnt mean the game will be terrible, but from what they have shown, I think it will not be good, and so Im going to skip it, just like a movie that does not interest me. If you want to give every game an hour to judge it, that is fine, but I dont have to do that and waste my money. I base my purchases off of trailers and some reviews, if I trust the reviewer, or I generally agree with their taste in games.

5. Me stating the voice acting is bad as a fact, is fine bc it is a fact to me lol. I also think chocolate is the best ice cream that is a fact to me lol, you might like strawberry or vanilla and that is cool too lol.

6. finally even though it was addressed to the devs, I will answer. the game does not have a concrete release date, but the demo for the game comes out this month. They hope gamers will like it enough to fund a kickstarter. Did you read any of this thread before your tirade about us lol.?

As an aside I judge every game the same way, rather it is a triple A 150 million dollar game like the last of us, or a small indy game. I give honest feedback and dont sugercoat stuff, bc I think everyone deserves an honest answer.

The other reason I responded to the trailer is bc the devs posted one update after the next with no response from us the community at all. I went back and counted 9 updates from them with no response from any of us including you chrissie, so I gave my thoughts, bc I assumed they wanted the feedback or why keep posting. I gave my thoughts and even said I wont be responding anymore to their thread bc I dont want to just be negative to their obvious hard work. The only reason this has gone on so long is bc chrissie cant fathom anyone not liking what they have shown so far I guess.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Jdawg445 - 16 June 2020 08:43 AM

6. finally even though it was addressed to the devs, I will answer. the game does not have a concrete release date, but the demo for the game comes out this month. They hope gamers will like it enough to fund a kickstarter. Did you read any of this thread before your tirade about us lol.?

Yes, I addressed the devs.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

chrissie - 16 June 2020 09:16 AM
Jdawg445 - 16 June 2020 08:43 AM

Yes, I addressed the devs so please StFU whilst I await a reply from them rather than from a deranged poster with an issue.

ha ha ha your true colors are showing. like I said if you READ THE THREAD you would have answers to your question, I guess you dont like to read at all. Im deranged for not liking a game, ok that is cool. I think you are deranged bc you think every indy game is great or you have to play a game or watch a movie for an hr to know at all if you will like it at not. you dont have the brain power to watch a trailer or read promotional material and make a judgement that way. you are weak minded.

but since you dont know how the back button works on this site here is the info directly from the devs fingers

“As you already know, Saint Kotar: The Yellow Mask is going to be released June 18, along with the Kickstarter campaign, so there’s still time to wishlist and follow the campaign!”

Make sure you back it twice chrissie Heart Eyes  Heart Eyes  Heart Eyes  Heart Eyes  Heart Eyes

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

chrissie - 16 June 2020 09:26 AM

I never had any questions.

you asked me countless questions and I answered them countless times, do you really not remember what you write on here. the problem was you didnt like the answers, so I explained them again. you then asked the devs a question and it became obvious you didnt follow the this thread so I pointed out that the answer you were looking for was a page back lol, and even quoted it for you. See the difference is I have actually been following this game for yrs bc I wanted to like it, I have read about it and watched the trailers. I did my research unlike you who just decided to jump on posters for finally saying I have seen enough of this game and im out bc it is not for me.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

chrissie didnt read your last message bc i put you back on ignore, so if its not directed at me sorry. Im done with this conversation bc I dont want to waste my time on someone who blindly loves every indy game and cant handle someone else not liking it which it seems you do. so go out and love everything. adios amiga. back to saint kotar… Pan

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Having watched the trailer I can’t really say that either the VA or writing is particularly bad. It may suffer a bit from the Black Mirror syndrome, where the voice doesn’t fit the character, but like Chrissie I won’t judge the game’s qualities based on a short trailer.

That’s not to say I think we should hold back on criticism of indie games on the forum. The problem as I see it is that many indie developers themselves have threads about their own games on the forums, making it hard for most people to really be straight about what they think. I think announcements, development reports, requests for feedback and such belong on the main site or at least in a separate forum for developers. Heck, there are many threads here that are started by the developer and where all or most following posts are made by him- or herself. Frankly I’m a bit tired of this.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

There has been a discussion following a suggestion for a separate developers’ forum - see HERE

I myself don’t mind developers posting in this forum but posting anywhere does leave them open to criticism during the development process.

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

Veovis - 17 June 2020 05:34 AM

Having watched the trailer I can’t really say that either the VA or writing is particularly bad. It may suffer a bit from the Black Mirror syndrome, where the voice doesn’t fit the character, but like Chrissie I won’t judge the game’s qualities based on a short trailer.

That’s not to say I think we should hold back on criticism of indie games on the forum. The problem as I see it is that many indie developers themselves have threads about their own games on the forums, making it hard for most people to really be straight about what they think. I think announcements, development reports, requests for feedback and such belong on the main site or at least in a separate forum for developers. Heck, there are many threads here that are started by the developer and where all or most following posts are made by him- or herself. Frankly I’m a bit tired of this.

I agree. I think the problem with threads like these is they are so curated and tended to by the developers that they are seen as the developer’s ‘property’ or exclusive domain, and therefore any commentary that is even slightly negative is seen as some sort of attack. Which goes against the idea of a forum. If developers are willing to post threads about their game, they should be prepared for things they might not want to hear about their game.

About trailers: A trailer is meant to give a reasonable indication of what a game is like. Otherwise why make it? If it’s not possible to comment on the quality of a game from a trailer, then the trailer is useless and should not have been made.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Veovis - 17 June 2020 05:34 AM

Not a bad idea, like i said i do not like how the game sounds at all, but im glad you did. Although i stand by my point that you can base things off trailers and other promotional material. I based my opinion on many things, the last trailer was just the last straw so to say. The main reason i responded was i felt bad bc nobody was responding to them. So i gave my honest thoughts, they might agree or disagree, its their game they can do whatever they want.

As far as threads that devs start that dont go anywhere, that is usually bc the community is not that interested in their game and say nothing. Both gibbious and truerbrook had active threads from the devs and community.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top