• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrelwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

walas74 - 06 May 2021 11:41 AM

Haha! You almost got me, chrissie, but there would be a tie among several games including Culpa Innata. Then again, I could always say I am “indisposed”...

Yes, a tie amongst several games so rum & cokes prevail Thumbs Up Laughing

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

chrissie - 06 May 2021 11:51 AM
walas74 - 06 May 2021 11:41 AM

Haha! You almost got me, chrissie, but there would be a tie among several games including Culpa Innata. Then again, I could always say I am “indisposed”...

Yes, a tie amongst several games so rum & cokes prevail Thumbs Up Laughing

Ok, I will send you all my Paypal account so you can fund me Tongue

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

walas74 - 06 May 2021 11:54 AM

No my friend. Please just get on with that translation to be in a good place to lead a Culpa Innata playthrough either officially or unofficially in October.  Smile

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

chrissie - 06 May 2021 12:29 PM
walas74 - 06 May 2021 11:54 AM

No my friend. Please just get on with that translation to be in a good place to lead a Culpa Innata playthrough either officially or unofficially in October.  Smile

Of course, although the fund was for rum & cokes, not for the translation haha

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Laughing

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I’m glad that the leadership for the winning Fahrenheit has been resolved & thanks Tenebra for taking on the task.  Thumbs Up But I would just like to say that the comments towards Adv_Lvr were a little harsh.

I am going to be totally open minded about this going forward, it can be a way for somebody who wants to lead a CPT to step up. I only just saw this advantage. So, next time I see a leaderless game that is going to win the CPT I can step up and lead it.

The disadvantage of the game sitting for weeks waiting for someone to step up is a real risk and selecting a leader by who grabs the short straw among the players who voted for the game kinda sucks, many who vote to play a game don’t want to lead it.

Anyway, Tenebra has this well in hand. So let’s play!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

chrissie - 06 May 2021 10:38 AM

in the past the lack of a leader has meant that the next game in the standings immediately superseded -  in this case it would have been Still Life. That also doesn’t have a named leader.

Too many assumptions. The first is that the lack of a leader in the Vote means that there is no leader. That was not the case here. The second is that the lack of a named leader for the second place gamed doesn’t mean one won’t appear if the winning game fails to find one. Who knows? It might have been me.

But, having lead my fair share of Casual Game Playthroughs, I know what a chore it is. And thus, would rather play the game as opposed to leading/hosting the game.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

rtrooney - 06 May 2021 08:56 PM

in the past the lack of a leader has meant that the next game in the standings immediately superseded -  in this case it would have been Still Life. That also doesn’t have a named leader.

Too many assumptions. The first is that the lack of a leader in the Vote means that there is no leader. That was not the case here. The second is that the lack of a named leader for the second place gamed doesn’t mean one won’t appear if the winning game fails to find one. Who knows? It might have been me.

But, having lead my fair share of Casual Game Playthroughs, I know what a chore it is. And thus, would rather play the game as opposed to leading/hosting the game.

Everything worked out perfectly here. We have the most popular game being well led in a CPT. Going forward, let’s assume that will happen again.

Some people love leading CPTs and can use a leaderless winning game as a chance to lead/host one and be a hero.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

rtrooney - 06 May 2021 08:56 PM

Too many assumptions. The first is that the lack of a leader in the Vote means that there is no leader. That was not the case here.

NO ASSUMPTIONS & just fact, we’re not telepathic Tim & there was no indication of a leader in these last standings:

Lady Kestrel -

Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy (8) - DCast, Pegbiter, TimovieMan, Tenebra, Vegetable Party, Walas74, Intense Degree, Veovis
Still Life (7) - RTRooney, Pegbiter, TimovieMan, DCast, Tenebra, Walas74, Veovis
Culpa Innata (6) - Chrissie (host), DCast, TimovieMan, Intense Degree, Millenia, Tenebra
The Dig (6) - TimovieMan (leader), DCast, Jdawg, Lady Kestrel, Colpet, Doom
Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet (6) - Adv_Lvr (leader), TimovieMan, Karlok, Lady Kestrel, Walas74, Vegetable Party
Return of the Phantom (6) - Vegetable Party (leader), Luhr28, Pegbiter, Baron_Blubba, Intense Degree, DCast
The Shapeshifting Detective (6) - Adv_Lvr (leader), TimovieMan, Luhr28, Walas74, Intense Degree, Millenia

It’s very clear to see from the last posted by Lady Kestrel that there is NOBODY NAMED TO LEAD/HOST the top two game so my point was that unless you read the body of the posts you wouldn’t know that there were interested parties in leading a playthrough.
There was a game in the past that lost due to there being no leader & as a result I think it was deemed later that a little time should be given for a leader to volunteeer which is where we are now.
Tim, please don’t shoot me down in flames for trying to tell the truth on defending someone, & one of our nicer members here, reacting to lack of info on the standings & FACTS from the past.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I am sorry you only look at the standings and not the conversations that connect them. I don’t know if there is something similar in the UK, but in the US it would be only looking at baseball box scores in the newspaper without ever bothering to watch the game.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

rtrooney - 07 May 2021 08:27 PM

I am sorry you only look at the standings and not the conversations that connect them. I don’t know if there is something similar in the UK, but in the US it would be only looking at baseball box scores in the newspaper without ever bothering to watch the game.

Ya know, we have a great CPT going on here, loving it big time. Let’s move on please.

And yes, for baseball I would just look at the box score only.

Now American football…...........

Heart

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Adv_Lvr - 07 May 2021 11:14 PM

Ya know, we have a great CPT going on here, loving it big time. Let’s move on please.

Heart

Of course I would just look the box score for baseball… and for American football.

Now chess…

Total Posts: 837

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

walas74 - 08 May 2021 05:20 AM
Adv_Lvr - 07 May 2021 11:14 PM

Heart

Of course I would just look the box score for baseball… and for American football.

Now chess…

The box score is the sports equivalent of the text adventure.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

By the way, my friend has finished the tools for extracting and reimporting all types of images from Culpa Innata so three years later we can continue with the translation!

I’ll do my best to have it done and tested asap.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

walas74 - 09 May 2021 02:07 AM

By the way, my friend has finished the tools for extracting and reimporting all types of images from Culpa Innata so three years later we can continue with the translation!

I’ll do my best to have it done and tested asap.

The pressure is on Tongue

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top