• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Girl of Glass: A Summer Bird’s Tale

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2020-06-14

PM

Hello everyone!

I’m the creator of an upcoming game called - The Girl of Glass: A Summer Bird’s Tale and I would really love to read your thoughts about it.

The game is a point-and-click adventure game with turn-based combat elements. The demo is available for anyone who wishes to join my newsletter. You can do it by going to https://www.thegirlofglass.com/#demo

Here’s the trailer:

Can’t wait to learn what you think about it.

Cheers,
Markus

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

amazing graphics!, what kind of combat elements does it hold? we are not fond of action sequences really

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

Looks good, and I’m not against some combat if it’s done well! I’m not joining a newsletter to try the demo, though.

You can play my game Frasse and the Peas of Kejick for free! (AG review here.)

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

She looks kinda more.. blue than glass. Her hair is kinda glassy, not so much the skin. Maybe it’s just hard to draw something that’s transparent.

Advie - 29 July 2020 01:40 PM

amazing graphics!, what kind of combat elements does it hold? we are not fond of action sequences really

Aren’t you supposed to be the big Sierra fan here? The company which slotted a ton of action sequences in just about every game they made? Grin

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

Coloured glass isn’t unusual.

You can play my game Frasse and the Peas of Kejick for free! (AG review here.)

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Donuts McGee - 30 July 2020 04:32 AM
Advie - 29 July 2020 01:40 PM

Aren’t you supposed to be the big Sierra fan here? The company which slotted a ton of action sequences in just about every game they made? Grin

that wasn’t at every game unless you are mixing about deaths in Sierra games with action sequences

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

*shrugs*

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wake up, this is an RPG/Adventure-Game, what do you expect? and read my post again” that wasnt at every game”

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Looks like a great game, love the graphics. I’ll keep my eye on this game. I love RPG/Adventure hybrids like Persona 4 Golden.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2020-06-14

PM

Hi guys!

Markus here with a new video from my upcoming game. In this video, I am breaking down all the important features of The Girl of Glass.

Hope you’ll enjoy it Smile

Best,
Markus

Total Posts: 141

Joined 2019-05-03

PM

Everything looks fine and interesting, but gotta agree with Donuts, that “glass”  effect doesn’t really come across. I’m not sure it matters that much but it’s a bit ... it feels more like playing an Asari than someone out of glass Wink

Total Posts: 416

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Game looks good, I really like the look of the backgrounds especially.

Don’t really get the “VN” elements part, if it’s just dialogue with occasional responses to choose. That’s in like every adventure game, basically.

This looks like a cool Adventure/RPG hybrid and there aren’t too many of those anymore (that I come across, anyways). So good luck to you and the team. I hope the game turns out well.

Joined 2020-06-14

PM

Hi guys!

We are 12 days away from launch and have just recently released a preview version of The Girl of Glass: A Summer Bird’s Tale on Steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1399260/The_Girl_of_Glass_A_Summer_Birds_Tale__The_Journey_Begins/?snr=1_7_15__13

The preview is completely free of charge and you will be able to transfer your save data to the full version if you choose to acquire it.

Hope you’ll give it a try Smile

Best,
Markus

Total Posts: 416

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Played the demo and there was a lot to like about it, particularly the art, music and atmosphere. But the dialogue writing was something that consistently pulled me out of it. There’s just so many puerile jokes like “tick tock young lady” “is that the sound of your biological clock running out?” “That’s rude ...and to be fair my biological clock ran out of time long ago” They don’t fit the tone of the game at all imo.

I’m thinking maybe it’s part of the Glass Girl’s character arc and she becomes less juvenile and mean spirited over time but the other characters also share this tonal oddity to a degree, so maybe not. There were a lot of strangely blunt or rough lines, too.

It reminds me of something Dave Gilbert mentioned about his writing process for Unavowed. How it was so easy to default to snark and insults in an attempt to write clever dialogue. But it comes off poorly when characters are always nasty to each other so he had to challenge himself to write more genuine exchanges.

Joined 2020-06-14

PM

Hi Guys,

The Girl of Glass: A Summer Bird’s Tale is officially out on Steam! Thank you for your support over the last couple of months Heart

Here are 10 keys for you to enjoy Smile

5L4MD-FXW6T-EZX2Z
P65VZ-NRCAM-IB74D
RX4Y0-AMGD0-0HZ22
624BA-ZNXWH-7PWR0
0ND6L-L4FW6-Z35DA
RY722-9L655-L07QM
W65VT-J37DI-QXAY6
T2VGR-RH4XW-K3QBE
RREXB-QTB5C-XD40G
WZ0LM-H9BPF-ECK4Q

All the best,
Markus

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Congrats on releasing the game Markus! I’ve started playing it a bit yesterday, haven’t had time to play much yet but it looks really interesting. It’s also very beautiful.

One minor nitpick, whenever there’s conversation in the game, two big black bars appear, one for the text at the bottom and one at the top. It’s a bit jarring and detracts from the beauty of the game. What’s the purpose of the top black bar? and even for the bottom black bar, I guess it makes the dialogue choices more readable but I’d love an option to disable it.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top