• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Currently Playing

Total Posts: 317

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

Thought I would ressurect this thread, since you may not have finished a game but would like to give your impressions. It doesn’t have to be strictly adventures.

Currently, I’m playing “Black Mirror 3. I was quite bored through the 2nd one, but the 3rd one is amazing. Never a dull moment, and I’m only on Chapter 3, yet Chapter 2 felt like the epitomy of awesomeness. It had lots of tense moments, poor Ralph, I love him so much, and feel so sorry for him and all he’s been through and the end of that chapter almost rapped up like a denouement. This game is really amazing so far, unlike the 2nd one, in my opinion.

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst
Favorite Other Games-Kings Bounty, FTL
Currently Playing-Barrow Hill:The Dark Path
Looking Forward To-Last Crown/Braken Tor

Total Posts: 165

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

As a part of my replaying frenzy while I wait for ‘Dishonored’ to come out, I’m replaying ‘Sam & Max Hit the Road’ - which turned out to be a good idea since I’m now old enough to properly find it funny (not to say I didn’t before, but now I appreciate it so much more).

The Cone of Tragedy had me laughing for some time.

Also, working on completing ‘Skyrim’ in the meantime, but at this point, it’s a game I can dip in and out of with relative ease.

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Simon the Sorcerer

Made a start on Simon the Sorcerer the other day and I’ve just reached the Craggy Peaks with the metal detector.

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations

I’m at the beginning of the second case…

Beneath a Steel Sky - Remastered

Forgot how great BASS is! It’s a shame the Remastered version suffers from the occasional audio/graphical hiccup and crash. Meh

I’ve just gained access to the wine cellar of St. James, made a hole in the grating, but I’ve totally forgotten what to do next. I don’t understand the purpose of the hole that’s been made. Confused

Black Mesa

I’ve forgotten where I am… Confused Either way, the game runs pretty crap for me, which is dampening my enjoyment somewhat. Embarassed I may just leave it until I get a new PC in the future and play Half-Life: Source instead.

Oh, that’s right! I’m somewhere in the Power Up level…

@Hammerite: I can’t wait for Dishonored either! Laughing

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

DustyShinigami - 24 September 2012 09:05 AM

What did you think of the twist that starts the second case? Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2012-08-18

PM

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Cernobyl

I like some aspects of this game and I dislike other.Overall its a pretty good and very atmospheric game.

Dragon Age Origin GOTY

To be honest I haven’t touched it for about a month.For some reason the more I play the more boring it gets.I have played around 40-50 hours and still I havent touched most of the DLCs.But I am gonna finish it….someday…

Zork Nemesis

It is becoming one of my favourites adventure games.

Revenge of the Titans

A little indie tower defence game.It has a nice graphic style and its pretty enjoyable in general.

Alter Ego

I am thinking about dropping it…..

Now Playing:Zork Nemesis,Dragon Age GOTY,DOTA 2,Alter Ego
Next In Line:Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon,Tex Murphy:The Pandora Directive,Tex Murphy:Overseer,Fallout 1,2&Tactics;
Recently Finished:Runaway 1&2,Barrow Hill,Legend of Grimrock
Looking Forward To:The Last Crown: Haunting of Hallowed Isle,Bioshock Infinite,Amnesia:A Machine For Pigs

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

TimovieMan - 24 September 2012 12:23 PM
DustyShinigami - 24 September 2012 09:05 AM

What did you think of the twist that starts the second case? Tongue

I don’t even remember what happens… I last played it a week or so ago now. Confused

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

DustyShinigami - 25 September 2012 07:51 AM

I don’t even remember what happens… I last played it a week or so ago now. Confused

*spoiler edited out*

Was one of those “holy crap, awesome twist!” moments for me… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

TimovieMan - 25 September 2012 12:12 PM
DustyShinigami - 25 September 2012 07:51 AM

*spoiler edited out*

Erm no, those are just two different days of case 2, not two different cases. So you’ve probably just spoiled the twist for him.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Kurufinwe - 25 September 2012 12:49 PM

Erm no, those are just two different days of case 2, not two different cases. So you’ve probably just spoiled the twist for him.

Crap, you’re right.

Well, in case Dusty hadn’t read my spoiler yet, I’ve edited it out.
He’s in for an awesome twist at the end of the first day of the second case, then… Tongue

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Fallout: New Vegas , just got to the Strip and I’m mostly getting to know the families and surroundings. So many choices of things to do and places to go now…

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

TimovieMan - 25 September 2012 02:52 PM
Kurufinwe - 25 September 2012 12:49 PM

Crap, you’re right.

Well, in case Dusty hadn’t read my spoiler yet, I’ve edited it out.
He’s in for an awesome twist at the end of the first day of the second case, then… Tongue

Thankfully, I never saw your spoiler. *whew* Sealed Lips But colour me intrigued! Smile

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

I have no doubt that I will be fed alive to the mob after what I’m about to say.

Started playing “Edna and Harvey”, and I just don’t see what the appeal is. *hides* I love asylums and dark stories, and quite adored the freeware game “Emily Enough”.

I’ve just never been a fan of comedy in games. People may rant and rave about Grim Fandango, or Monkey Island, and I’ve hesitantly tried both of those and just couldn’t get into it. I tried “Edna and Harvey”, but the jokes just seemed a bit stiff to me, and I was kind of bored. I fully admit I only tried the first five minutes or so, but I’m just not clamoring to continue. Frown

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Fantasysci5 - 27 September 2012 09:08 PM

I have no doubt that I will be fed alive to the mob after what I’m about to say.

Yummie! What a lovely gesture, offering yourself to a hungry mob. Thanks, Fantasy! Yum

Started playing “Edna and Harvey”, and I just don’t see what the appeal is. *hides* I love asylums and dark stories, and quite adored the freeware game “Emily Enough”.

I’ve just never been a fan of comedy in games.

Then why did you start playing Edna? If all you needed was five minutes to know you don’t like it, Youtube is your friend. So Heavy Rain is more up your alley than Harvey Rain. (Sorry, couldn’t resist one of Poki’s stiff jokes). Go play IHNMAIMS. You’ll love it.  Heart Eyes

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

Fien - 28 September 2012 12:23 AM

Then why did you start playing Edna? If all you needed was five minutes to know you don’t like it, Youtube is your friend. So Heavy Rain is more up your alley than Harvey Rain. Go play IHNMAIMS. You’ll love it.

I guess I bought it on an impulse, because I heard so many people say great things about it and I do like asylums. It never occured to me that I wouldn’t like it. Frown I tried Heavy Rain, I thought it was okay, nothing special. Now IHNMAIMS (which took me awhile to figure out which game you were referring to) I do want to play, but the $50 price tag everywhere will make me wait.

How did I know you were going to find me here? It’s like you have a radar if anyone is talking “Edna and Harvey” or “The Last Express”. Tongue

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

yeah “edna&harvey;” is a comedy game, so to appreciate it you do have to relate with their style of humor. It really is special in my book. The sheer number of combinations with responses is unmatched by any game i’ve played. But if youre not enjoying those responses.. then i can see it not being fun. But if youre worried that the plot isnt serious enough… you can take comfort in knowing the endings are quite grim Tongue

Currently im playing torchlight 2, and its a really fun loot-driven game. I have trouble caring about the story at all, but the fast paced diablo-ish mechanics hit the spot. Theres also a nice amount of exploration and random secrets/sidequests.

lastly, i suppose i’ll ask this here: if i was going to get one, resonance or deponia, which should it be? I’m about ready for a new adventure game and those are the two i’ve had my eye on. I also want to play the walking dead, but im going to wait till all the episodes are out.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

zane - 29 September 2012 12:04 PM

lastly, i suppose i’ll ask this here: if i was going to get one, resonance or deponia, which should it be? I’m about ready for a new adventure game and those are the two i’ve had my eye on. I also want to play the walking dead, but im going to wait till all the episodes are out.

They’re both very good games, so you should play them both. Smile Go for Resonance and wait till Deponia 2 gets released.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top