• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Trying to find the name of an old adventure game

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2017-07-07

PM

The game is pre 1983 might be earlier than that.  I recall playing it on an Apple IIe.  What I remember is it had color lands like green etc.  At one point it had a unicorn and it ran into an ice wall or wall and got stuck.  i

If this sounds familiar let me know.  Thanks

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Joined 2017-07-07

PM

that is a rather cool link.  I have no memory of the name of the game (It was always on in the school library aka no box or loading it).  Just a few parts of the game when we had it set up for group play in the school library.  That part I recall the most is the Unicorn kill you or attacking you and getting stuck in a wall or wall of ice. I also recall that it had something to do with colored rooms or lands too.  I think it had a castle too.  We spent our lunch breaks playing this game as some one read what was on the screen and we voted what to do.  I’m sure and this a good clue to jog memories.

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

There is a Neverending Story game from 1985 with a unicorn, could that be it?

Joined 2017-07-07

PM

BitingWit - 08 July 2017 01:52 PM

There is a Neverending Story game from 1985 with a unicorn, could that be it?

No, I was a senior in High School and had my car in 1985,  so would not be caught dead in the library at lunch.  It was in my freshman sophomore years around 1983 or sooner.  might of been 1984 in my Jr but I was in Auto shop at that point and more than likely would not be in the library with he lower classes

Joined 2017-07-07

PM

Still seeing if anyone recalls this Adventure game,  Thanks It was on an Apple IIe pre 1982/1983

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

AzBaja - 07 July 2017 10:23 PM

Trying to find the name of an old adventure

Hastily opens the thread, hoping to find the game and save the day, getting all the praises and respect from the community…

AzBaja - 07 July 2017 10:23 PM

The game is pre 1983…

WHAT!?? Angry

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 260

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

Maybe it’s something on this list?

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_von_Textadventures

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

If it is a pre-1983 game, do note that some games from before that era got enhanced versions released later in the 1980s to include graphics. Adventure International did that to many, if not for all of the games they had released before that point.

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

My best guess (that is probably wrong) is that the game is The Lion’s Share from 1983.

It has colourful lands:

It has some kind of a castle:

These could be unicorns trapped in ice (read explanation below):

Now, that doesn’t match your description, but if you watch the video, the way those forms get filled with colours gives the impression that those oversized dogs could be unicorns, and that cage could be a block of ice!

OK, so choose the correct dialogue option:

1) That’s it! I can’t believe you found it.
2) That looks nice, and kind of similar, but that’s not it.
3) That’s nothing like the game I played, did you even read the description?

Tongue

Total Posts: 172

Joined 2011-06-03

PM

My guess would be Ulysses and the golden fleece;

It has a castle, green rolling hills, and altough it’s not a unicorn stuck by it’s horn, it has a pegasus chained in front of a white wall at the 14:16 mark;

Will be interesting to see if any of us is right.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top