• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Unable to post a reply to a thread

Total Posts: 449

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

I’ve been trying to post a reply in the thread Sherlock Holmes: The Devils Daughter, but it won’t take. When I preview or try to post, it just goes to a blank web page. I don’t seem to have that problem on other threads. Any ideas?

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Is it a short reply? Because the forum software sometimes refuses to take one that looks like a copy of an earlier reply.

Try posting something weird (like “xyzzy” or so) and then editing your post to what you meant the first time.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

So, that worked Timothy, but check out what I posted and tell me why the forum software would think it was a copy of another reply. Veeeeery strange. I think the more rational explanation is that there was just a hitch in the giddy-up.  Tongue

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

IS that a new feature, Timo? as a sort of mechanism to avoid duplication ?

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Advie - 26 April 2016 06:59 PM

Nah, it’s the same “Unable to post a reply” error we’ve had for a long while (possibly since that update in November ‘14).

I just found that I always had it when giving short replies in threads where such a reply had already been made (like saying just the title of one game in a voting thread, or just saying “yes” or “correct” or similar in an “...uh, game” thread).
I just figured it had something to do with spam-prevention, especially if you can circumvent it by posting something else and then editing back the original reply.

Given mikekelly’s reply, it’s probably something else entirely, and I’m looking for patterns where there are none. Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

TimovieMan - 27 April 2016 02:31 AM

Given mikekelly’s reply, it’s probably something else entirely, and I’m looking for patterns where there are none. Grin

Uh, that would be Mike the Wino‘s reply….. Tongue

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Mike the Wino - 27 April 2016 12:08 PM

Uh, that would be Mike the Wino‘s reply….. Tongue

Whoops.
Wrong Mike.
Tired Timo.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

TimovieMan - 27 April 2016 02:31 AM
Advie - 26 April 2016 06:59 PM

Nah, it’s the same “Unable to post a reply” error we’ve had for a long while (possibly since that update in November ‘14).

I just found that I always had it when giving short replies in threads where such a reply had already been made (like saying just the title of one game in a voting thread, or just saying “yes” or “correct” or similar in an “...uh, game” thread).
I just figured it had something to do with spam-prevention, especially if you can circumvent it by posting something else and then editing back the original reply.

hmm, well was helpful anyways Timo, Thanks!

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Error

I had this 100th time esp in chitchat
I tried removing .
It worked earlier not anymore

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Would like to point out that trying to write with letters outside of the standard Alphabet also gives an error.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

nomadsoul - 20 October 2016 12:08 PM

Error

I had this 100th time esp in chitchat
I tried removing .
It worked earlier not anymore

same issue in general games thread since 4 days

so i went up editing my last post

Meh

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread