• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabrielKeybordzLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Black Mirror - Location of saved games ??

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2012-06-12

PM

For The Black Mirror, I’m trying to find the location of the saved game files in Windows 7.  I had Black Mirror installed on Windows XP, and the saved games were located in the main directory, however now playing on Windows 7, the saved game files are not located in the main directory… anyone know where they are stored on Windows 7?

The weird thing is… When I re-installed Black Mirror onto Windows 7, I copied over my saved game files from XP into the new Windows 7 Black-mirror folder. The problem, and wierd thing is, I’ve since gone back into the Black Mirror folder to copy the saved games back to a Windows XP computer, but they are gone!  It’s like Windows 7 moved them out of the Black Mirror folder and is storing them elsewhere, because on Windows 7 I can still play my saved games.  So where are the saved game files??  They have to be on the harddrive somewhere… It has be going bonkers. 
I tried seaching Windows 7 for the files but I couldn’t find them… but they have to be there as I’m playing them. 

Ideas?? Thanks.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve found that Win 7 does like to hide the saves for some games! One of the things I would suggest doing to start with is enable showing hidden files.

To do this click on ‘computer’ & then on ‘organise’ left in the ribbon at the top to see the list of options. Click on ‘Folder and search options’ & then click on the ‘view tab’ at the top. Underneath ‘Advanced Settings’ check the box next to ‘show hidden files, folders and drives’ & click ‘OK’

Once you’ve done that you might be able to find the saves doing a search but I found a lot of save games by following this long path: computer - system c - users - ‘your name’ - appdata - local - virtual store - programfiles - ‘game name’ - ‘game name’ data.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2012-06-12

PM

THANK YOU!!!

I found it where you mentioned -> computer - system c - users - ‘your name’ - appdata - local - virtual store - programfiles - ‘game name’ - ‘game name’ data

It’s strange that Windows 7 puts it there… but glad I know now, so thanks again!! Was starting to drive me nuts.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

It was a little bit of a stab in the twilight there Dave, so pleased that you actually found the BM saves! I’ve found most elusive save games by following that path except for one game - yes! they have got to be somewhere!!!  Smile

Generally, I do prefer Win 7 over XP except when it comes to game saves - why hide them????

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top