• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445SpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Post all your YouTube shit here!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

All it took is to detect his temp and lay a simple beat over ..

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

A small YT channel has reimagined the fight between Obi-Wan and Darth Vader better than how it is in the original (New Hope), magnificent!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

My kids found this on YouTube, but I’m the one who was in stitches…
The screenshot pretty much explains itself. Tongue

And from the same makers: remember that scene in Last Action Hero where Terminator 2 starred Sylvester Stallone? Well…

Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2019-12-25

PM

tsa - 08 June 2012 03:14 AM

Bob Welch, who was in Fleetwood Mac in the very beginning, shot himself dead yesterday.

I can always listen, thank you for reminding me Smile
Smile

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

Well this is pretty cool

Full Throttle 2020

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2020-03-25

PM

A little song from Québec! L’Amérique Pleure from Les Cowboys Fringants

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

I thought I’d drop by to spam you a little. Hope that’s ok (I am doing it in the right thread, at least). Last summer, I bought a camera, and since August I’ve been uploading on average one music video a month to YouTube. It’s fun, and it’s good practice for when eventually get to make some game music again. (At least, that was the idea. I haven’t completely given up on the idea to make another adventure game one day.)

Anyway, here are my videos. Any feedback (good or bad) is very welcome!

My latest one is a Daft Punk cover:

The one before that, I made as a reaction to that rehearsals with the groups I regularly play with had all stopped. So I practiced a piece for solo bassoon.

Here’s a tune I learned on clarinet for a cancelled music theatre thing:

I’m skipping the Christmas video, so the one before that was November. “In November at Five O Clock” is a tune by one of the best groups I’ve ever seen live. My version doesn’t do it justice.

My most watched video is this 14th century hit:

Here’s the video most on topic for this forum. It should need no introduction:

A tune by Henry VIII:

And finally, my first music video ever. A song by Bobby McFerrin:

You can play my game Frasse and the Peas of Kejick for free! (AG review here.)

Total Posts: 291

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

Trumgottist!
Not to be inappropriate, but holy cow you are the cutest thing ever!
Dude I’m a sucker for bassoon music.  Most any double reed really.  Not sure why that is.
Also I need a accompaniment for my musical saw. ;]

In one of the opening scenes of “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind” there is this bassoon piece that is the focus of the soundtrack underscoring the scene on the train when Clementine asks to sit next to Joel.  I can’t hear the song super well so I tried to look up the sound track, but the sound track is like all rock bands and stuff, but nothing from the underscore like in that scene.  Starts at about the 5 minute mark on my blu-ray rip.  It’s not the most amazing thing, but it just has this very natural inquisitive nature of two people trying to feel each other out, trying to flirt, trying to be…. nice?

That’s not why I was posting sorry.

I wanted to share with you Fanfare Vagabontu, which is… A moldovian “gypsy brass band.”  Anyways they have a song called bubamara music.  It’s awesome, and I think you should listen to it.

This other song by them was remixed by some DJ, which I’m not a big fan of electronic music in general.  The reason I bring it up is because it has a music video!  Looks to have been made by ubisoft to promote their rabbids go home game.

and it is… one of a kind.

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

Fun!

And since you like that kind of music… have you heard Balkan Paradise Orchestra? They are great! I heard them live when they were in Stockholm last autumn, and that was one of the best concert experiences I’ve ever had. They have many great videos on YouTube. It’s not easy to pick just one (I really recommend checking out the rest of their music too), but here is Amchoor:

Another great brass band, but with an Indian twist, is Red Baraat:

Celebreon - 17 May 2020 02:07 PM

In one of the opening scenes of “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind” there is this bassoon piece that is the focus of the soundtrack underscoring the scene on the train when Clementine asks to sit next to Joel.

I’m not sure if I’ve seen the movie - if I have it was long ago, and I don’t remember it. Will keep my ears open if I see it.

Celebreon - 17 May 2020 02:07 PM

Trumgottist!
Not to be inappropriate, but holy cow you are the cutest thing ever!
Dude I’m a sucker for bassoon music.  Most any double reed really.  Not sure why that is.
Also I need a accompaniment for my musical saw. ;]

Thanks! Mini Smile

You play saw? That’s awesome! (Assuming that you can come close to finding the pitch you want. I know that’s very tricky on them.) I’d certainly be up for accompanying you, if you want.

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Trumgottist,
I finally had a chance to watch all of your videos and enjoyed them very much.  Your dancing needs a bit of work (as does mine), but your musical talent more than makes up for it.  Your big smile at the end of the bassoon solo tells me that it isn’t an easy one to play, and I especially like the videos where you play all of the instruments.  Your Blackwell sax solo is very fine, and I love your take on Bobby McFerrin’s song.  Thanks for sharing all of them.

Celebreon,
You are right about the Rabbids video being one of a kind.  Manic mayhem comes to mind.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

Lady Kestrel - 18 May 2020 10:39 AM

Trumgottist,
I finally had a chance to watch all of your videos and enjoyed them very much.  Your dancing needs a bit of work (as does mine), but your musical talent more than makes up for it.  Your big smile at the end of the oboe solo tells me that it isn’t an easy one to play, and I especially like the videos where you play all of the instruments.  Your Blackwell sax solo is very fine, and I love your take on Bobby McFerrin’s song.  Thanks for sharing all of them.

Thanks! Yes, I’m obviously not a dancer - just having fun. It’s a bassoon. I’ve not yet uploaded any videos with my oboe.

You say you especially like the videos where I play all the instruments… then you might appreciate the one I’m currently working on, which is the biggest one yet. I’m tackling a piece originally written for orchestra, so it’ll be 14 or 15 parts when it’s done. I have three parts recorded, and aim to be done by the end of June. (It’s also a bit tricky, so I have to practice all parts before recording them.)

Edit: Oh, I forgot. I have uploaded one more since I made that post. Here’s Brave Enough by Lindsey Stirling.

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Trumgottist - 18 May 2020 11:30 AM

It’s a bassoon. I’ve not yet uploaded any videos with my oboe.

Ack!  I really do know the difference between an oboe and a bassoon.  (It’s kinda hard not to.)  Thanks for catching my mistake, which I had to go back and fix.

I like the way you put “Brave Enough” together, but now you’re going to have to play the violin as well.  Grin

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

It’s a pretty common mistake people make, so I’ve heard it many times, and also “That long instrument you played, what’s it called?”

It may help to know that the word oboe comes from the French hautbois, meaning “high wood”, while the bassoon is the “bass one”.

Lady Kestrel - 18 May 2020 05:05 PM

I like the way you put “Brave Enough” together, but now you’re going to have to play the violin as well.  Grin

No, I’m staying away from bowed strings - I play too many instruments as it is. You need time to practice them. And instruments get expensive when you get to the point that you need professional models. I’ve spent the equivalent of about 25000 USD on instruments, and I’m still saving for a french horn, which I don’t have my own yet. I play on one belonging to the school where I work. (That won’t stop me from playing violin music, though.)

Total Posts: 291

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

Trumgottist - 18 May 2020 10:14 AM

And since you like that kind of music… have you heard Balkan Paradise Orchestra? They are great! I heard them live when they were in Stockholm last autumn, and that was one of the best concert experiences I’ve ever had. They have many great videos on YouTube. It’s not easy to pick just one (I really recommend checking out the rest of their music too), but here is Amchoor:

I loved this Amchoor.  Thanks for the recommendation!  I am hugely impressed by this girl playing the trombone; she’s great!.  I used to play trombone for a jazz band, but I’m not very good T_T

I subscribed to your channel, so look forward to what’s next!

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

Thumbs Up

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top