• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diego

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Syberia 3 Glitches Spoilers

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2015-10-23

PM

Hello I have been enjoying playing Syberia 3. However when I restored my game [spoiler][/spoiler]I could not fix oscar[/spoiler] the game glitched. I could not talk, Open doors or anything. I restarted the game I got past that spot to the point where Oscar used the fire engine. I could no longer drive the vehicle does any one else encounter these glitches? I am using an Xbox One Console. Thank you.

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

Glitches in Syberia 3?

Never

Total Posts: 1238

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Burge - 24 July 2017 10:03 AM

Glitches in Syberia 3?

Never

Irony mode on

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

walas74 - 24 July 2017 11:01 AM
Burge - 24 July 2017 10:03 AM

Glitches in Syberia 3?

Never

Irony mode on

lol, the game was made in a glitch

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I think this thread will need this a lot: http://instantrimshot.com/

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Is it as common for console games to be released in a glitchy, unfinished state nowadays as it is for PC games?

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

crabapple - 24 July 2017 02:35 PM

Is it as common for console games to be released in a glitchy, unfinished state nowadays as it is for PC games?

Typically, console manufacturers are more stringent about games released on their platforms. They have an exhaustive checklist of tests that need to be passed before approving a game on their console. Unfortunately, PC games do not have those requirements because there isn’t a sole gatekeeper to ensure these things. Steam, the most popular digital distribution platform seems to have nonexistent quality control, and I have bought games on Steam that not only are glitchy, but are flat out unplayable. They counter that by giving you the ability to refund any game that you have purchased within 30 days, if you have logged less than 2 hours of gameplay on it. I personally wish that they would be held more accountable for selling defective products on their store.

Edit:
One more thing to add about PC Games. The disadvantage of PC as a platform is that there are literally millions of configurations out there. It is impossible to test every single PC setup. You have different RAM configurations, different graphics cards, different Windows OS’es, not to mention other software that can interfere like firewalls and virus scanners. The advantage of a console is that there is only one setup, and if you ensure it works on your dev kit, you are pretty confident it will work on all the consoles.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I asked because the OP is using an XBox One, and a quick Google search indicates people with PS4 consoles are also having problems with Syberia 3.

I’ve read claims that PC versions of games are released in beta state because they’re all sold as downloads now and it’s assumed they can be easily patched. Buy a Syberia 3 disc version and find there’s nothing on the disc but a Steam installer.

I’m surprised the console version of Syberia 3 is also bugged, but now that consoles are able to download patches from the Internet, I suppose it’s inevitable that quality control would take a back seat to getting the game out, just as it does with PC games.

Just wondered if the console version of Syberia 3 was an exception rather than the rule.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

crabapple - 24 July 2017 07:43 PM

I asked because the OP is using an XBox One, and a quick Google search indicates people with PS4 consoles are also having problems with Syberia 3.

I’ve read claims that PC versions of games are released in beta state because they’re all sold as downloads now and it’s assumed they can be easily patched. Buy a Syberia 3 disc version and find there’s nothing on the disc but a Steam installer.

I’m surprised the console version of Syberia 3 is also bugged, but now that consoles are able to download patches from the Internet, I suppose it’s inevitable that quality control would take a back seat to getting the game out, just as it does with PC games.

Just wondered if the console version of Syberia 3 was an exception rather than the rule.

From personal experience, It is more the exception rather than the rule. Most console games I buy work very well with very few glitches, but like you have said, with the popularity of patches, a few games fall through the cracks. Usually, the ones that had problems had a networking component, and testing online features is difficult before shipping the game, because a lot of scalability problems only surface when lots of users play the game simultaneously. Others are very complicated open world games with hundreds of hours of gameplay like Bethesda RPGs Elder Scrolls and Fallout where it will take weeks to test every single small part of them. I am surprised about Syberia 3 though, because it is a straightforward single player game with not that much complexity compared to open world games like Skyrim.

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2015-10-23

PM

Hello I thank you for your response. I will wait a couple of months and try the game again. Hopefully glitches will finally be sorted.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top