• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretinLady Kestrelrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Kinq’s Quest Chapter 2 Help

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2015-10-23

PM

Hello I am enjoying chapter 2 of Kinq’s Quest but I am stuck. I do not know how to get a container for the flies and how to get a key for the door to get the flour. I wonder if I am supposed to buy the chop sticks from the merchant, but I spent my only gold coin on the medicine. Please can anyone help?

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

You don’t need a container for the fly, just a way to catch one. There should be something around that makes a habit of doing just that. Smile

You won’t get the key until a fair bit later, so I wouldn’t worry about that just yet.

For what it’s worth, I did buy the chopsticks and still have no clue what they’re for. (I’m fairly far along, but not done yet.)

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

the chopsticks purpose is actually kind of strange and worth pointing out, low-spoiler: their only purpose is to open the cage that goblins put contraband in if they take it from you. If they dont take anything from you, theres no purpose to them.
As for getting the fly, you’ll want to make sure youve filled your strength up so you can access all of the locations to find something else as mentioned.

Joined 2015-10-23

PM

Hello Thank you for your help. I have stuffed up. I have managed to get the flies but the old couple from the potion shop are now too weak to use it. I want to start chapter 2 again but it seems the only way to do this is to delete the saved slot. If I do this will I have to start chapter 1 again as well? Thank you.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Col - 22 December 2015 06:15 PM

Hello Thank you for your help. I have stuffed up. I have managed to get the flies but the old couple from the potion shop are now too weak to use it. I want to start chapter 2 again but it seems the only way to do this is to delete the saved slot. If I do this will I have to start chapter 1 again as well? Thank you.

you shouldnt have to restart. Either sleep and just keep giving them the meat you get each day, or buy the poridge for 2 gold and give them that.

Joined 2015-10-23

PM

Hello I having difficulty with the music box puzzle can anyone help? Thank you

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Col - 25 December 2015 07:49 PM

Hello I having difficulty with the music box puzzle can anyone help? Thank you

have you found both music boxes?

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I actually solved this before I’d found the second music box. Think about songs that could put the goblin to sleep.

Joined 2015-10-23

PM

Hello
I accidentally touched the save game slots and restarted the game. I tried opening chapter 2.
It came with a message warning me that it was not recommended to start chapter 2 with out chapter 1 but I still proceeded. I went ahead and the game still seems to work. Do you think there is still a possibility I could still go through the chapter or do you think I should redo chapter 1? Thank you.

Joined 2015-10-23

PM

Nevermind I am back in chapter 2 and I am still stuck on the music box puzzle. I now know you have to play the lullaby to make the goblin sleep. But I still can’t work it out. Spoilers please.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

It sounds like you switched to a different save slot that didn’t have Chapter One played on it. Can’t you just switch back to the save slot you’d been using and continue with your Chapter 2 playthrough?

For the music box you want to play “lullaby and goodnight”, and the keys you need are the fourth and fifth, with a pause after the first three notes. If you want to see the solution, this video has it at around 5:30.

Joined 2015-10-23

PM

Hello Thank you again for your response. I am having a terrible time trying to solve the music box puzzle.
I have tried the combination from the video and other videos on youtube with no luck.
It seems the combination keeps changing. I wonder if there is a way around this puzzle?
Any help much appreciated.

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2006-12-29

PM

When copying a combination for the music box, you need to take note of the position of the crossbar, which indicates on what note the tune begins/ends (can’t remember which of the two). I got stuck for a bit myself before figuring that part out.

The golden age of mathematics - that was not the age of Euclid, it is ours. -Cassius Jackson Keyser

Joined 2015-10-23

PM

Thank you for everyones help. I have solved the music box puzzle. In fact I have completed the game and I thought it was pretty good.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top