• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarb

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Your first game?

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

My first game was “Trinity” on the C128. Loved it and here I am.

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

My very first game was prince of Persia (don’t remember which season Cry ) and my little brother used to play it more than me, and every time he wants to play it he forces me to stay next to him and translate to him what to do ( the translation part is quite literal for me being from KSA ) and that what got me into gaming and studying English.

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2011-12-31

PM

I first game would be a pong variant from the 1970’s. The 1st real game I can remember would be the Soccer game for the Intellivison which came with the system. I liked the Intellivision, & had lots of games for it. Unfortunately, I later stupidly sold them off. Embarassed

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2015-02-27

PM

My first pc game was Heroes of Might and Magic (1999)a good rpg.

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2015-02-05

PM

First game ever played?  I was around for the introduction of Atari’s hangman and the like.  Didn’t get another of those type games until nintendo’s (1st generation- seizure inducing torture device!) Legend of Zelda.  Seizures bad!  But I HAD to beat that bloody game!  Never touched it again afterwards.

If you mean PC, it was Prophecy of the Shadow.

One mean, green-eyed fitch.

Total Posts: 448

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

I was indoctrinated to AG’s around 1980 by Zork, which I played on my dad’s TRS-80. I wouldn’t have remembered that, except he still has the computer, it still works, and I still have the floppy. Disk. The floppy disk!

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

I remember playing my first video game on the morning of my 7th birthday, my dad gave me an Atari 2600 clone named Rambo

and the first game that I`ve played on that console was River Raid (Rambo had internal memory where you could play games without inserting a cartridge)

Great console, great games and priceless memories Heart

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Abnaxus - 09 March 2015 01:25 PM

Great console, great games and priceless memories Heart

River raid was awesome. My favorite has to be though:

Yar’s Revenge

Total Posts: 64

Joined 2015-04-29

PM

My first foray into text adventuring came with the Underground Empire of Zork: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zork

Knee Deep swamp noir adventure: http://kneedeepgame.com

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Hard to say for my first computer game, we had a computer when I was two years old so I don’t remember…

My first rpg/adventure game was l’Aigle d’or

First point and click adventure game like was “Iznogoud” by infogrames http://www.iznogoudworld.com/Games/games.html

And about the same time I also played Captain Blood which was a bit too complicated for me as a kid…

My first PC adventure game was Eternam by Infogrames (I got my first PC in 1992 before that I had a French Thomson TO8). It’s not a great game by any mean but I still have very found memories of it. After that, I finally got introduced to oversea games and played Secret of Monkey Island, Indiana jones and the last crusade, Freddy Pharkas, Conquest of the Longbow,...

Image Attachments

5946-eternam-dos-screenshot-inside-the-duke-s-castle.gif

Total Posts: 44

Joined 2015-05-20

PM

I think my first would probably be Boxing on the Atari 2600, or maybe Battlezone. Next would be a string of edutainment titles for the PC, including the infamous 3-D Body Adventure. I remember me and my sister enjoying the Humongous Entertainment games a lot.

My childhood favorite, though, had to be Raiden for the Jaguar. My dad was and is a Jaguar fan, for some reason, and owned all the good titles. Raiden, obviously, as well as Doom and AVP.

First true adventure game was Beyond Time, an obscure Dreamcatcher title. Very standard 90’s first-person adventure. Made for a fair introduction, as it hit most of your basic tropes.

Walking the fine line between being an original hardware nerd, and being broke from buying original hardware.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2015-05-22

PM

The first game I played was Duck Hunt on a Playchoice 10 at Showbiz Pizza (Yeah, it was still called Showbiz Pizza, as it was in 1991 or something.)

My first owned game was Super Mario World for SNES in 1992 or early 1993. I was around 8 then.

My first PC game was Oregon Trail; my school had an old Apple II.

The first Adventure game I played was this weirdo thing called Mythmaster that was on a CD that had a bunch of old shareware games on it. I never beat it. I found again and am playing it on DosBox. Not because I particularly like the game but because I want to finally finish it after more than a decade.

The first GOOD adventure game I played was Maniac Mansion Deluxe after I decided to give the genre another chance after Mythmaster left a bad taste in my mouth.

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2015-06-09

PM

The first game i played when I was a baby with my dad were Delta Force 1 (shooting) and   the Windows XP games like extreme etc. pinball. I remember the first game that I played by myself that wasn’t a flash game was Jane’s Hotel. The game is pretty fun, especially for me.  Spam

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2015-06-24

PM

As far as i can remember, I played starcraft and diablo 2 Smile Smile

ROCK ON!!!

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2015-06-24

PM

It was Super Mario Cool

ROCK ON!!!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!